KeyBank Latitude® Credit Card review
A no-annual-fee card with a long intro APR on balance transfers and purchases.
- Get this card if you want an intro APR period on purchases and balance transfers.
- Pick something else if you want cash back.
- Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
0% intro for the first 15 monthly billing cycles (then 9.99% to 19.99% variable)
Minimum Credit Score
Kevin Joey Chen is a credit cards, banking and investments writer whose work and analysis have appeared on CNN, U.S. News & World Report, Business.com, Lifehacker and CreditCards.com. He's passionate about helping you get your finances in order by expertly navigating cutting-edge financial tools — including credit cards, apps and budgeting software.
The KeyBank Latitude® Credit Card comes with two main benefits: a long intro APR period on balance transfers and purchases, and no annual fee.
Following that intro period, you may also get a low APR if you’ve got an excellent credit score. But even with its pluses, it’s a relatively simple credit card. For rewards and extensive benefits, you may want to look into other options.
How to apply for the KeyBank Latitude® Credit Card
- Go to the KeyBank website and find the KeyBank Latitude® Credit Card. Click Apply now.
- If you’re a current KeyBank customer, select Save time. If you’re a new customer, select Start a new application.
- Complete the application with your personal and financial details.
- Review and submit your application.
How long will it take to get my KeyBank Latitude® Credit Card?
Automated preapproval means you’ll likely get a decision within a minute. If additional information is needed, KeyBank will send you a response within a few business days to a few weeks.
Once approved, expect your card to arrive in the mail within seven to 10 business days.
Intro APR period.
Get a 0% intro APR period on purchases and balance transfers for 15 billing cycles following your account opening. After that, a variable APR of 9.99% to 19.99% will apply. This may not be the longest intro APR period we’ve seen, but it’s longer than what most other cards offer.
No penalty APR.
There’s only a penalty fee if you make late or returned payments. With other cards, a single late or returned payment may land you with a fee and a penalty APR of up to 30%. What’s worse is the penalty APR can last indefinitely.
No annual fee.
You’ll get the card without paying an annual fee.
You’ll also like …
Receive partial reimbursement if you find a lower price on an item you purchased with your card. You can also get extended warranty on select items you buy with your card.
Identity theft services.
KeyBank can assist you if you become a victim of ID theft by providing credit bureau notification, card replacement, affidavits and additional services.
Mastercard® Travel Services™.
Get room upgrades, complimentary amenities and other perks.
What to watch out for
Potentially high APR.
If you have a weak credit history, KeyBank may extend a relatively high APR — up to 19.99% variable.
Balance transfer limits.
To get the intro APR period on balance transfers, make sure you complete all your transfers within 60 days of card membership.
Foreign transaction fee.
Every time you use your card when traveling abroad, you’ll pay a 3% fee. This may not seem like much, but it can add up quickly over a trip spanning several days.
Compare 0% intro APR credit cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
How does a balance transfer work with this card?
You can make balance transfers in a KeyBank branch, by calling 800-539-2968 or through your online and mobile banking tools.
To get the 0% intro APR period on balance transfers for 15 monthly billing cycles following your account opening, complete your transfers in the first 60 days of card membership. After that, your APR will be 9.99% to 19.99% variable.
For each transfer you make, you’ll pay a fee of $10 or 3% of the transaction, whichever is greater. This means a balance transfer of $3,000 would cost you $90 in fees.
Know that KeyBank won’t accept transfers from accounts that they or their affiliates have issued to you.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for the card, you must be at least 18 years old.
The information you’ll need provide is:
- Full name and contact information
- Residential status
- Annual income, source of income and employment information
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license or government-issued ID
What credit score do I need?
Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher. To get the low APR offered by KeyBank, you need to have an excellent credit score and low credit utilization.
KeyBank Latitude® Credit Card reviews and complaints
KeyBank earns an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, which accredited it back in 1933. Most customer complaints at BBB are related to hidden fees. To avoid a similar experience, read the card’s agreement and the fine print.
I got the card. Now what?
- Download the KeyBank Mobile app. With it, you can transfer funds between KeyBank accounts, schedule bill payments and send them right away, locate a KeyBank branch nearby, find an ATM and more.
- Avoid interest. Your grace period is 25 days after the close of each billing cycle. If you pay your balance by then, you won’t pay interest on your purchases.
- Avoid fees. Late payments come with fees of up to $39. Balance transfers and cash advances also come with fees.
- Contact customer service. If you have questions, contact KeyBank support at 800-539-2968. You can also email or live chat with one of its representatives online.
If you’re looking for a long intro APR and a low APR after that, this could be a good card for you. Otherwise, compare similar cards to help you find the 0% intro APR credit card option that’s right for you.
Frequently asked questions