We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.
This card offers 0% APR for an impressive 15 months. But its competitors shine brighter.
|Product Name||KeyBank Latitude® Credit Card|
|Intro APR for Balance Transfer||0% Intro APR for 15 months (with whichever is greater: $10 or 3% balance transfer fee)|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||11.49% to 21.49% variable|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||11.49% to 21.49% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||25.49% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 25 days|
|Returned Payment Fee||$0|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Minimum Credit Score||Fair (660-699)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Returned Payment Fee||$0|
|Over The Credit Line Fee||$0|
|Late Payment Fee||$37|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 4% of the transaction, whichever is greater|
The KeyBank Latitude® Credit Card comes with two main benefits: a $0 annual fee and a great introductory interest rate. You’ll get 0% APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers.
It’s not a bad card, but you’ll simply find better options out there. For example, the Citi Simplicity offers 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for 18 months. And the Discover it Card offers an intro APR that’s almost as good — 0% for 14 months — but with stellar cash back.
Should you get the KeyBank Latitude Credit Card?
- If you want a no-frills card with a strong intro APR, the KeyBank Latitude® Credit Card may be a good choice.
- If you want rewards, look elsewhere. Notably, the Discover it Card offers an attractive combination of rewards and 0% APR.
- ANNUAL FEE: $0A $0 annual fee makes it easy to keep the KeyBank Latitude® Credit Card long term.
- INTRO APR: 0% on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months.This is a strong introductory APR that makes the card a lot more valuable. 15 months is a long period for 0% interest, putting the KeyBank Latitude® Credit Card in competition with some of the top balance transfer cards on the market.
Like many cards with long 0% APR periods, the KeyBank Latitude® Credit Card doesn’t offer rewards. If you want an intro APR and rewards, consider a product like the Discover it Card or BankAmericard Cash Rewards.
You’ll also like …
- Potentially low APR.
The card’s APR spans from 11.49% to 21.49% variable. The better your credit score, the more likely you’ll qualify for an APR at the lower end of that range.With APRs averaging around 16%, 11.49 is relatively low.
- No penalty APR.
- Price protection. Receive partial reimbursement if you find a lower price on an item you purchased with your card.
- Extended warranties. Expand protection on items you purchase with your card.
- Price protection.Receive partial reimbursement if you find a lower price on an item you purchased with your card.
- Extended warranties on items you purchase with your card.
- Mastercard Travel Services. Receive special offers like private event invitations and tickets to exclusive events.
Compare 0% APR credit cards
How does a balance transfer work with this card?
What to watch out for
- Potentially high APR.
If you have a weak credit history, KeyBank may extend a relatively high APR — up to 21.49%.
What to know before you apply
To apply for the KeyBank Latitude® Credit Card, you must be at least 18 years old. You’ll need to have a few key pieces of information on hand, including your government-issued ID and Social Security number.
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
Information you’ll need
- Your full name and contact information.
- Your residential status.
- Your annual income, source of income and employment information.
- Your Social Security number.
- Driver’s license or government-issued ID.
What credit score do I need?
You’ll have a better chance of approval for this card if you apply with a good to excellent credit score of 680 to 850.
What’s a good credit score?
How to apply for the KeyBank Latitude® Credit Card
1. Go to the KeyBank website and click Apply Now.
2. If you’re a current KeyBank customer, select Save Time. If you’re a new customer, select Start a New Application.
3. Complete the application with details like your name, address, annual income and Social Security number.
4. Review and submit your application.
How long will it take to be approved?
KeyBank will likely send you a decision within a few days. If there are issues with your application, however, it may take up to a few weeks to hear back.
I got the card. Now what?
- Make timely payments. Pay your card bill online at the KeyBank website, where you can enroll in autopay.
- Avoid interest. After the close of each billing cycle, you have a grace period of 25 days to pay your balance. If you do, you won’t pay interest on your purchases.
- Avoid fees. Late payments come with fees of up to $37. Balance transfers and cash advances also come with fees.
- Contact customer service. If you have questions, contact KeyBank support at 1-800-539-2968. You can also email the bank or live chat with one of its representatives through its website.
The KeyBank Latitude® Credit Card is a great product if you’re looking for a long intro APR. However, it’s outclassed by the Citi Simplicity. And the Discover it Card is a formidable competitor, nearly matching the Latitude’s intro APR while offering cash back.
Frequently asked questions