Kapitus business loans review
You'll have to apply to get even the most basic information.
- Best for former customers of Strategic Funding looking to take out another loan.
- Pick something else if you want transparent rates and terms.
First, do I qualify?
You must meet the following requirements to qualify for a business loan from Kapitus:
- At least six months in business
- At least $100,000 in annual revenue
What makes Kapitus business loans unique?
Kapitus doesn’t disclose much about its business loans. But beyond its standard term loans, it offers a wide range of different types of funding, from lines of credit to invoice factoring. It also has a special option for healthcare providers.
- Friendly to new businesses
- Financing beyond business loans
- Funding specifically for healthcare providers
- Fast turnaround
- Limited information online
- Hard to reach customer service
- Will not disclose general ranges of loan amounts
- Requires more documents than your typical online loan
Beware of unhelpful customer service representatives
Despite multiple attempts to reach out to Kapitus, I had a hard time getting basic information about its business loans. I’ve written close to 100 reviews of business lenders and typically struggle to get information — they often don’t like to disclose rates and terms without knowing your revenue and time in business.
When I tried calling its customer service line, they kept transferring me to different representatives. And when I was finally put in touch with someone claiming to be able to help me, they wouldn’t disclose even the most basic information about general ranges of loan amounts.
Compare other business loan providers
How do I apply?
You can apply for a Kapitus business loan online or over the phone. Here’s how to get started online:
- Click the Go to site button on this page.
- Fill out the required fields with information about your business, its finances and yourself.
- Review your answers for mistakes. Sign the document and click Submit.
- Upload your past three months of bank statements and click Submit again.
After you submit your application and bank statements, Kapitus will make you an offer. If you like your offer, you can receive your funds within 24 hours of submitting your documents.
What documents do I need to apply?
You need to provide the following documents when you apply for a business loan:
- Three most recent business bank statements
- Most recent tax statements
- Three business references
You might be asked to provide additional documentation, depending on your application.
How do repayments work?
Kapitus doesn’t disclose how repayments work on its business loans, though typically long-term loans come with monthly repayments, while short-term loans come with weekly or even daily repayments. Check your loan documents to find out how your repayments work and when they’re due.
If possible, sign up for automatic payments to avoid late fees. And if you have any questions, reach out to Kapitus customer service as soon as possible.
Want to know about your other choices? Compare more options by visiting our guide to business loans.
Anna Serio is a trusted lending expert and certified Commercial Loan Officer who's published more than 950 articles on Finder to help Americans strengthen their financial literacy. A former editor of a newspaper in Beirut, Anna writes about personal, student, business and car loans. Today, digital publications like Business Insider, CNBC and the Simple Dollar feature her professional commentary, and she earned an Expert Contributor in Finance badge from review site Best Company in 2020.
Online business lender Strategic Funding rebranded itself as Kapitus at the beginning of 2019. While it’s tight-lipped about even the most basic product details of its business loans, what it offers is essentially the same as what you would have found with Strategic — with a few tweaks. What exactly changed, however, it won’t disclose.
This loan could be a good option if you were familiar with Strategic Funding and would like to work with the same company. Otherwise, you might want to look elsewhere — especially if you’re looking for a transparent lender with strong customer service.
Not sure about Kapitus? Compare other lender below.