Compare term life insurance policies from over 45 carriers with this online marketplace.
To help with your research in setting your family up for financial success if the unthinkable happens, the JRC Insurance Group offers online quotes for over 45 life insurance companies.
Its life insurance marketplace is run by licensed agents who specialize in term policies. They have an insider’s perspective on the market and can point you to the carrier that best suits your needs.
|Name||JRC Life Insurance|
|Issue age||Not specified|
|Terms Available||Open to residents in all states|
|Payment methods||10, 15, 20, 25, 30 years to lifetime/age 121|
|Medical exam required||N/A|
|Temporary underwriting coverage||No-medical-exam option available|
|Temporary underwriting coverage||N/A|
The insurance marketplace also boasts a five-star rating on TrustPilot, with policyholders praising the ease and convenience of comparing quotes. Some customers said the team was knowledgeable and responds quickly to questions, and others said the service exceeded all expectations.
Pros and cons of JRC Insurance Group life insurance
- One stop shop. Access rates and policies from 45+ providers.
- Range of coverage. You can compare policies with a face value of $25,000 to over $10 million, with 10-year terms to a lifetime.
- Instant online quotes. Fill out your basic info and JRC will come back with a list of free quotes within a minute.
- Specialized service. JRC licensed agents sell only term life insurance, making them experts in their niche.
- Help for high-risk candidates. A team of impaired risk specialists can assist people with pre-existing health conditions to get coverage.
- No upselling or cross-selling. JRC doesn’t work on sales quotas, so it never uses these sales tactics.
- No permanent policies. JRC only compares term life insurance. If you’re interested in a permanent policy that builds cash value, you’ll have to do your research elsewhere.
- No live chat. The website doesn’t have a live-chat function for real-time help.
- Limited customer support window. You can call or connect with JRC on social media during business hours. Outside of those hours, you’re limited to email.
What life insurance coverage does JRC Insurance Group offer?
JRC compares term life insurance plans from more than 45 carriers, including big-name brands like Nationwide, Prudential, Transamerica, Protective Life & Annuity Insurance Company, Lincoln Financial Foundation, MetLife, Mutual of Omaha, Principal and Pacific Life.
The team specializes in finding the most suitable and affordable term plans for its customers. It caters to people of all ages across the US and with various health histories.
JRC offers term life insurance quotes for the following terms:
- 10-year level term
- 15-year level term
- 20-year level term
- 25-year level term
- 30-year level term
- 20-year return of premium
- 30-year return of premium
- To age 121
You’ll find policies with a face value between $25,000 and over $10 million. With most term life policies, the premium stays the same for the life of the policy. At the end of the term, you can renew your policy or let it lapse.
When you die, your beneficiaries receive a guaranteed death benefit. And if you’re unhappy with your coverage, you can cancel at any time.
What’s not covered in my policy?
Depending on the provider you pick, you could dress up your policy with riders. JRC can assist you to customize your coverage with these add-ons:
- Accelerated death benefit
- Accidental death benefit
- Children term insurance
- Waiver of premium
- Overloan protection
- Disability coverage
- Additional insured
How does JRC Insurance Group compare?
How can I get a low rate?
Life insurance is a game of risk. Your rate reflects your age, health, lifestyle, occupation and hobbies, as well as the length and amount of coverage. To protect their bottom lines, insurers reserve their best rates for their least risky applicants.
JRC is schooled on the underwriting of more than 45 carriers. It harnesses that knowledge to help high-risk, older and ideal candidates alike to find the best policy and protection.
Every insurance company has a complex underwriting process. Typically, it considers:
- Tobacco use. To score the preferred rate, you usually have to prove that you haven’t smoked tobacco in the past five years. Some insurers allow a celebratory cigar once a month.
- Age. Young, healthy applicants have access to lower premiums.
- Driving record. If your recent record is free from major traffic violations and DUI, you’ll probably get a cheaper rate.
- Health. Insurers assess your cholesterol, blood pressure, BMI and family medical history, and tend to charge higher rates when there’s a history of cardiovascular disease, strokes or diabetes.
- Occupation. People in dangerous jobs tend to pay higher premiums. Think loggers, firemen and fishermen.
- Hazardous lifestyle. Do you go skydiving or bungee jumping often? Or travel to dangerous, wartorn countries? Your insurer may raise your rates.
- Alcohol and drugs. To reach the highest rate class, you must not have a history of drug or alcohol addiction.
How do I file a life insurance claim with JRC Insurance Group?
Since JRC isn’t an insurance company, it doesn’t process claims. To file a claim, contact your carrier directly. The details should be on your policy documents.
What is JRC Insurance Group known for?
Based in San Diego, the JRC Insurance Group isn’t a life insurance carrier, but a one stop shop marketplace. By laying out your options in one place, it helps you research and get coverage sooner.
JRC is led by a team of licensed agents who specialize in term policies and know the ins and outs of each carrier and their underwriting guidelines. While its focus is on term life insurance, the JRC Insurance Group offers advice on permanent policies — it just doesn’t sell them.
The company is also known for the JRC Insurance Group Scholarship. Each semester, this $1,000 scholarship is awarded to a high school senior or college student with the best essay that explains how their family could benefit from life insurance.
What other services does JRC Insurance Group offer?
JRC only compares one product: term life insurance. It also offers advice on permanent policies, but doesn’t sell them.
JRC’s agents put their experience and insider knowledge to good use. Along with offering quotes for more than 45 insurance carriers, they also have the insights about each insurer’s unique underwriting and niches.
This is helpful for anyone searching for affordable term life insurance, but particularly for those with high-risk health conditions.
To compare all of your options beyond JRC’s list, check out our guide to life insurance.