JRC Insurance Group review 2020
Compare term life insurance policies from over 45 carriers with this online marketplace.
finder.com’s rating: 4.0 / 5.0
- Get a quote if… You want access to multiple providers in one location.
- Pick something else if… You want a policy other than term life insurance.
25 to 80
25,000 to $10,000,000
Medical Exam Required
|Policy options||Term, Whole, Universal|
|Term lengths||10, 15, 20, 25, or 30 years to lifetime/age 121|
|Monthly cost||Depends on provider|
|Claim methods||Ask carrier|
|Available states||All 50 states|
|Customer support||Phone: 1-888-Guardian (1-888-482-7342)|
Katia Iervasi is a writer from sunny Sydney, Australia. Her writing — and curiosity — has taken her around the world, and she now calls chaotic, creative New York home. With a journalistic eye for detail, she navigates insurance, mortgages and finance for Finder, so you can splash your cash smartly (and be a pro when the subject pops up at dinner parties).
JRC’s agents put their experience and insider knowledge to good use. Along with offering quotes for more than 45 insurance carriers, they also have the insights about each insurer’s unique underwriting and niches.
This is helpful for anyone searching for affordable term life insurance, but particularly for those with high-risk health conditions.
To compare all of your options beyond JRC’s list, check out our guide to life insurance.
To help with your research in setting your family up for financial success if the unthinkable happens, the JRC Insurance Group offers online quotes for over 45 life insurance companies.
Its life insurance marketplace is run by licensed agents who specialize in term policies. They have an insider’s perspective on the market and can point you to the carrier that best suits your needs.
What types of life insurance coverage does JRC Insurance Group offer?
JRC compares term life insurance plans from more than 45 carriers, including big-name brands like Nationwide, Prudential, Transamerica, Protective Life & Annuity Insurance Company, Lincoln Financial Foundation, MetLife, Mutual of Omaha, Principal and Pacific Life.
The team specializes in term life insurance plans, and you can find policies worth anywhere from $25,000 to over $10 million.
JRC offers term life insurance quotes for the following terms:
- 10-year level term
- 15-year level term
- 20-year level term
- 25-year level term
- 30-year level term
- 20-year return of premium
- 30-year return of premium
- To age 121
What riders can I add to my life insurance policy?
Depending on the insurer you choose, you may be able to dress up your policy with riders. Common add-ons include:
- Accelerated death benefit
- Accidental death benefit
- Children term insurance
- Waiver of premium
- Overloan protection
- Disability coverage
- Additional insured
How much does JRC Insurance Group cost?
JRC offers quotes from more than 45 providers. Your rate will reflect your age, health, lifestyle, occupation and hobbies, as well as the length and amount of coverage.
JRC is schooled on the underwriting of more than 45 carriers. It uses that knowledge to help high-risk, older and ideal candidates alike to find the best policy and protection.
How do I get a low rate?
Every insurance company has a complex underwriting process. Typically, it considers:
- Tobacco use. To score the preferred rate, you usually have to prove that you haven’t smoked tobacco in the past five years. Some insurers allow a celebratory cigar once a month.
- Age. Young, healthy applicants have access to lower premiums.
- Driving record. If your recent record is free from major traffic violations and DUI, you’ll probably get a cheaper rate.
- Health. Insurers assess your cholesterol, blood pressure, BMI and family medical history, and tend to charge higher rates when there’s a history of cardiovascular disease, strokes or diabetes.
- Occupation. People in dangerous jobs tend to pay higher premiums. Think loggers, firemen and fishermen.
- Hazardous lifestyle. Do you go skydiving or bungee jumping often? Or travel to dangerous, war-torn countries? Your insurer may raise your rates.
- Alcohol and drugs. To reach the highest rate class, you must not have a history of drug or alcohol addiction.
Pros and cons of JRC Insurance Group life insurance
- One stop shop. Access rates and policies from 45+ providers.
- Range of coverage. You can compare policies with a face value of $25,000 to over $10 million, with 10-year terms to a lifetime.
- Instant online quotes. Fill out your basic info and JRC will come back with a list of free quotes within a minute.
- Specialized service. JRC licensed agents sell only term life insurance, making them experts in their niche.
- Help for high-risk candidates. A team of impaired risk specialists can assist people with pre-existing health conditions to get coverage.
- No permanent policies. JRC only compares term life insurance. If you’re interested in a permanent policy that builds cash value, you’ll have to do your research elsewhere.
- No live chat. The website doesn’t have a live-chat function for real-time help.
- Limited customer support window. You can call or connect with JRC on social media during business hours. Outside of those hours, you’re limited to email.
Compare other life insurance companies
JRC Insurance Group reviews and complaints
JRC has been accredited with the Better Business Bureau since 2016 and holds an A+ rating. The BBB hasn’t recorded any consumer reviews or complaints yet, but the high rating speaks to the company’s customer satisfaction and business practices.
The insurance marketplace also boasts a five-star rating on TrustPilot, with policyholders praising the ease and convenience of comparing quotes. Some customers said the team was knowledgeable and responds quickly to questions, and others said the service exceeded all expectations.
How can I apply for life insurance with JRC?
To get a quote for term life insurance, you can call JRC Insurance Group at 855-247-9555, or answer some questions online.
- To get a quote online, click Free Quote on JRC’s homepage.
- Fill out a little information bit about yourself, including state of residence, birthdate and health class, as well as the length of term and amount of coverage you desire. Then provide your contact info and click Display Quotes.
- JRC will provide you with the best quotes from a list of carriers based in the information you provided.
- If you are happy with one of the quotes, click Continue next to that provider to continue to the application page. There, you will provide your mailing address and then click Submit Application.
I’ve signed up. What happens next?
A JRC Insurance Group licensed representative will contact you shortly to help you complete your application.
Frequently asked questions
Life insurance ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our experts analyze life insurance companies to help you to find the strongest possible policy and premium for your family’s needs. We assess their financial strength, customer satisfaction, policy features and riders. We then give each insurer a score between one and five stars that reflects their offering and reputation in the industry.