JRC Insurance Group review 2021
Compare life insurance policies from over 45 carriers with this online marketplace.
finder.com's rating: 5 / 5
- Get a quote if… You want access to multiple providers in one location.
- Pick something else if… You want a policy other than term life insurance.
18 to 85
$5,000 to $50,000,000
May be required
Medical Exam Required
|Policies||Term, Whole, Universal, Long-term care, Disability|
|Term lengths||10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40 years to lifetime/age 121|
|Medical exam required||May be required|
|Available states||All 50 states|
|Issue age||18 - 85 years old|
- One stop shop
- Range of coverage
- Instant online quotes
- Specialized service
- Help for high-risk candidates
- Live chat
- No permanent policies
- Limited customer support on weekends
- Limited customer support window
No info available
Katia Iervasi is a staff writer who hails from Australia and now calls New York home. Her writing and analysis has been featured on sites like Forbes, Best Company and Financial Advisor around the world. Armed with a BA in Communication and a journalistic eye for detail, she navigates insurance and finance topics for Finder, so you can splash your cash smartly (and be a pro when the subject pops up at dinner parties).
JRC’s agents put their experience and insider knowledge to good use. Along with offering quotes for more than 45 insurance companies, they also have insights about each insurer’s unique underwriting and niches.
This is helpful for anyone searching for affordable life insurance, but particularly for those with high-risk health conditions.
To compare all of your options beyond JRC’s list, check out our guide to life insurance.
To help with your research in setting your family up for financial success if the unthinkable happens, the JRC Insurance Group offers online quotes for over 45 life insurance companies.
Its life insurance marketplace is run by licensed agents who specialize in term policies. They have an insider’s perspective on the market and can point you to the insurer that best suits your needs.
JRC Insurance Group life insurance rates
JRC offers quotes from more than 45 insurance companies. Your rate reflects your age, health, lifestyle, occupation and hobbies, as well as the length and amount of coverage.
JRC is schooled on the underwriting of more than 45 carriers. It uses that knowledge to help high-risk, older and ideal candidates alike to find the best policy and protection.
What affects my rate with JRC Insurance Group?
Every insurance company has a complex underwriting process. Typically, it considers:
- Tobacco use. To score the preferred rate, you usually have to prove that you haven’t smoked tobacco in the past five years. Some insurers allow a celebratory cigar once a month.
- Age. Young, healthy applicants have access to lower premiums.
- Driving record. If your recent record is free from major traffic violations and DUI, you’ll probably get a cheaper rate.
- Health. Insurers assess your cholesterol, blood pressure, BMI and family medical history, and tend to charge higher rates when there’s a history of cardiovascular disease, strokes or diabetes.
- Occupation. People in dangerous jobs tend to pay higher premiums. Think loggers, firemen and fishermen.
- Hazardous lifestyle. Do you go skydiving or bungee jumping often? Or travel to dangerous, war-torn countries? Your insurer may raise your rates.
- Alcohol and drugs. To reach the highest rate class, you must not have a history of drug or alcohol addiction.
How to get a quote from JRC Insurance Group life insurance
To get a quote for term life insurance, you can call JRC Insurance Group at 855-247-9555, or answer some questions online.
- To get a quote online, click Free Quote on JRC’s homepage.
- Fill out a little information bit about yourself, including state of residence, birthdate and health class, as well as the length of term and amount of coverage you desire. Then provide your contact info and click Display Quotes.
- JRC provides you with the best quotes from a list of insurers based in the information you provide.
- If you are happy with one of the quotes, click Continue next to that company to continue to the application page. There, you’ll provide your mailing address and then click Submit Application.
I’ve signed up. What happens next?
A JRC Insurance Group licensed representative will contact you shortly to help you complete your application.
What types of life insurance coverage does JRC Insurance Group offer?
JRC compares life insurance plans from more than 45 carriers, including big-name brands like Nationwide, Prudential, Transamerica, Protective Life & Annuity Insurance Company, Lincoln Financial Foundation, MetLife, Mutual of Omaha, Principal and Pacific Life.
The team offers whole life, universal life and specializes in term life insurance plans, and you can find policies worth anywhere from $5,000 to $50 million.
JRC offers term life insurance quotes for the following terms:
- 10-year level term
- 15-year level term
- 20-year level term
- 25-year level term
- 30-year level term
- 35-year level term
- 40-year level term
- 20-year return of premium
- 30-year return of premium
- To age 121
What riders can I add to my policy?
Depending on the insurer you choose, you may be able to dress up your policy with riders. Common add-ons include:
- Accelerated death benefit rider
- Accidental death benefit rider
- Child rider
- Long-term-care rider
- Return-of-premium rider
- Substitute insured rider
- Term insurance rider
- Waiver-of-premium rider
JRC Insurance Group life insurance reviews and complaints
JRC has been accredited with the Better Business Bureau since 2016 and holds a high rating. Its high BBB rating speaks to the company’s customer satisfaction and business practices.
The insurance marketplace also boasts a stellar rating on TrustPilot, with policyholders praising the ease and convenience of comparing quotes. Some customers said the team was knowledgeable and responds quickly to questions, and others said the service exceeded all expectations.
|AM Best financial rating||
|Trustpilot score||4.9/5 out of 122 customer reviews|
|Customer reviews verified as of||06 August 2021|
Compare life insurance companies like JRC Insurance Group
Frequently asked questions about JRC Insurance Group life insurance
Life insurance ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our experts analyze life insurance companies to help you to find the strongest possible policy and premium for your family’s needs. We assess their financial strength, customer satisfaction, policy features and riders. We then give each insurer a score between one and five stars that reflects their offering and reputation in the industry.