Unlock starting MSRPs, cashback programs and more.
With its off-road capabilities, Jeep is a popular car brand for those who love the outdoors and spend a lot of time navigating trails. If you’re ready to pick up a new SUV fit for adventure, you have a slew of financing options to choose from.
How can I finance a Jeep?
From car loans and personal loans to financing directly through a dealer, you have options when it comes to buying a new Jeep. While dealership financing tends to be the quickest, a car loan from a bank, credit union or online lender may get you better rates and terms. Comparing car loans before you walk into a Jeep dealership not only lets you lock down a potentially lower APR, but it also lets you know exactly how much you can spend on your new car. This can help guide you toward a Jeep you can afford and keep you from getting talked into unnecessary add-ons. A personal loan is another way for you to pay for your new Jeep, though you likely won’t find as competitive rates and terms since your loan won’t be secured by the car you’re buying.
Since it can take a few days to compare lenders and fill out preapproval forms, buyers on a time crunch may want to consider financing directly through Jeep’s parent company, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA).
- Financing through Chrysler Capital. You can finance your dream SUV directly through an authorized Jeep dealer through Chrysler Capital. Past offers have included up to $2,250 cash back on select models or 0% financing for five years with up to $1,000 bonus cash for the 2019 Jeep Cherokee.*
- Leasing through Chrysler Capital. If you’re interested in switching things up every few years, you might want to consider leasing through Chrysler Capital. Past lease offers for the 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4×4 have included monthly payments of $199 for three years and $4,349 due at signing.*
The promotions available to you will vary based on where you live, your local dealership and your personal financial situation.
*Rates as of November 26, 2018
Compare car loans for financing a Jeep
Does Jeep offer special discounts or programs?
Jeep offers two incentive programs to military servicemembers and drivers with permanent disabilities.
- Jeep military program. If you’re an active-duty or retired servicemember, reservist or have been honorably discharged in the past year, you may be eligible for $500 bonus cash on select 2018 and 2019 Jeep models. This offer applies to both purchases and leases.
- FCA automobility program. Drivers with permanent disabilities may qualify for a cash reimbursement of up to $1,000 for the cost of installing adaptive driver or passenger equipment. The updates must be made within the first six months of financing or leasing your new car.
What will a new Jeep cost me?
When negotiating the cost of your new Jeep, it helps to keep the manufacturer suggested retail price (MSRP) in mind. Here’s what you can expect to pay for the latest Jeep models on the market today.
|Model||Starting MSRP||Body||City/highway MPG|
|2018 Jeep Renegade Sport||$18,750||SUV||24/31|
|2018 Jeep Compass Sport||$21,095||SUV||23/32|
|2018 Jeep Wrangler JK Sport||$23,995||SUV||17/21|
|2019 Jeep Cherokee Latitude||$24,545||SUV||22/31|
|2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport||$27,945||SUV||17/25|
|2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo||$31,695||SUV||19/26|
Does a new Jeep come with a warranty?
Yes, all 2019 Jeep models come with a three-year, 36,000-mile limited warranty. It covers the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair your vehicle due to defects caused by faulty material, workmanship or factory preparation. However, your brakes, wiper blades, clutch discs, windshield, rear window and wheel alignment only have a one-year, 12,000-mile limited warranty.
Your new Jeep also comes with two other warranties:
- Corrosion warranty. Your sheet metal panels are covered for three years, while your outer-body sheet metal panels are covered for five years. There’s no mileage restriction for this warranty.
- Powertrain warranty. This covers all parts and labor costs needed to repair the powertrain. It lasts for either five years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first.
You can have your Jeep serviced at any authorized Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep or Ram dealer. If you’re looking for warranties for previous model years, you can find more details on Jeep’s website.
Jeep is known for its durable vehicles that can zip between the city and countryside with ease. Luckily, you have several financing options to get behind the wheel of one of these popular SUVs — from a car loan to financing directly through Chrysler Capital. And you may be able to score a cashback bonus if you’re a military servicemember or plan to install adaptive equipment on your new vehicle.
Read our guide to car loans to learn more about how they work and compare lenders.
Frequently asked questions
Image source: shutterstock