First, am I eligible?
To apply for a classic car loan from J.J. Best Bank, you’ll need to meet three basic requirements:
- Good to excellent credit
- Down payment of at least 10%
- Low debt-to-income ratio
In addition, the car you purchase should be in good working condition.
What types of car loans does J.J. Best Bank offer?
J.J. Best Bank offers loans, lease buyouts and loan refinancing for a variety of vehicles, including:
- Antique cars
- Exotic cars
- Hot rods
- Kit cars
- Muscle cars
- Sports cars
The majority of its loans are for vehicles built between 1900 and 1985. But newer sports and exotic cars may also qualify.
- Financing for antique, classic and other exotic cars
- Terms up to 10 years
- Borrow up to $750,000
- Boat, motorcycle, RV and aircraft loans also available
- Some models require 30% down payment
- No loan terms under five years
- Rates not disclosed online
- Shipping and travel expenses not included in loan amount
Compare other car loan providers
Updated February 17th, 2020
How does J.J. Best Bank boat and aircraft financing work?
Like much of its website, there aren’t many details available on how these loans work. Here’s what we were able to find — though you might want to reach out to customer service directly for more details.
J.J. Best Bank doesn’t disclose rates or terms for its boat loans online. However, it does cover the purchase of power boats, sailboats and wooden boats. And if you already own a boat, you can use a boat loan to refinance your current loan or refurbish or upgrade your vessel.
J.J. Best Bank offers aircraft financing between $25,000 and $10 million with terms up to 20 years. Unlike its car loans, an aircraft can be purchased for either personal or business use.
How do I apply?
You can apply online, over the phone or by fax, email or mail. If you’re preapproved, you’ll have 30 days to follow through with the loan.
To start the online application, follow these steps:
- Visit J.J. Best Bank’s website and click Apply Now.
- Enter your name and email, then select if you’re applying with a coapplicant.
- Select the type of vehicle you want to buy and its year, then enter the make, model, purchase price and your desired loan amount.
- Enter information about yourself, including your date of birth and Social Security number.
- Enter information about your employment and income.
- Read the disclaimer, then click Submit.
What happens after I apply?
If you apply online, it takes around five minutes to learn your approval status. Once you sign your loan documents, your paperwork will be processed in about one business day. You’ll need to send your contract back — both signed and notarized — to finalize your loan. J.J. Best Bank will then have your car inspected to verify that it’s in working condition and that the VIN number matches the title.
What documents do I need to apply?
J.J. Best Bank requires the following documents during the application process:
- Proof of income
- Copy of the title
- Copy of the purchase and sales agreements
- Proof of insurance
- Proof of down payment
- Copy of driver’s license
How do repayments work?
You will receive a payment booklet after your loan and purchase are completed. Unlike most lenders, electronic payments can’t be set up until after you receive the booklet. If you want to get a head start, you’ll need to mail your payment directly to J.J. Best Bank.
Late and missed payment fees will depend on your loan contract. Contact customer service if you have any questions or think you may not be able to make a payment.
Not sure J.J. Best Bank is right for you? Read our guide to classic car loans to explore your other options.