It’s Over Easy review
An online divorce service founded by a celebrity lawyer. But it doesn’t have many divorce cases under its belt yet.
It’s Over Easy has one of the most user-friendly and attractive divorce websites in the industry. It offers clear instructions on what you can expect and what the entire online divorce process looks like. But some of its add-on services are only available in select counties.
|Cost||$750 – $2,500|
|Includes filing papers with court?||
Yes - included in price
|File without spouse||
|Divorce papers reviewed?||Yes|
- Guarantees the court will accept your paperwork
- Free trial that lets you preview divorce papers
- Can serve your spouse, or file divorce papers for an additional fee
- There are cheaper DIY divorce options
- No refunds once you've begun using the service
How does It’s Over Easy work?
It’s Over Easy uses the information you input when you fill out your online divorce interview to generate your divorce forms. Once your documents are processed, they’ll be available for download and mailed to you for your approval and signature.
How much does It’s Over Easy cost?
It’s Over Easy has a variety of divorce packages to fit different budgets:
|Trial||$0||Generate your divorce papers, but you’ll have to pay to access your completed documents.|
|Basic||$750||Receive all the necessary forms to file for divorce.|
|Pro||$950||Receive all the necessary forms to file for divorce, and It’s Over Easy will legally serve the divorce papers to your spouse. Only available in select counties.|
|Premium||$2,500||It’s Over Easy will handle everything, including serving your spouse and filing your forms. You’ll also have access to its coparenting calendar and spousal and child support calculators.|
Is there guaranteed court approval?
It’s Over Easy guarantees that the court will accept your paperwork. It claims to have a 95% success rate for court approval. And on its premium plan, if any of your forms need to be refiled, It’s Over Easy will handle it at no additional cost.
How to file for divorce online with It’s Over Easy
Follow these steps to file your divorce with It’s Over Easy:
- Create your account. Fill in the necessary information in your profile, including information about your marriage, income and expenses.
- Invite your spouse. Uncontested divorces require both parties to agree on the terms. You can invite your spouse to view and negotiate the settlement agreement.
- Generate your divorce forms. Submit your forms for processing and receive your finalized documents within two business days. Your divorce packet will also be mailed to you.
- Sign your documents. Review the step-by-step instructions to see whether you need a notarized signature or if you can sign electronically.
- Serve your spouse. Arrange for your spouse’s signature.
- File for divorce. Take your divorce packet to your local courthouse to submit your forms.
Pros and cons
It’s Over Easy provides all the documents you’ll need to file for divorce, among other perks:
- Collaborate with your spouse. You can invite your spouse to the platform so you can negotiate and collaborate on your settlement agreement.
- Convenience. If you opt for the premium divorce package, It’s Over Easy will handle all the nitty-gritty details of the divorce proceedings, including serving your spouse and filing on your behalf.
- Resources. It’s Over Easy has an extensive blog and podcast to help you navigate the emotions of divorce and practical resources to connect you with the right people, such as financial counselors and attorneys, if you need it.
There are a few things you should watch out for before you sign up:
- New company. It’s Over Easy is a young business and doesn’t have many divorce cases under its belt yet.
- Pricier. There are cheaper do-it-yourself divorce options on the market, such as 3 Step Divorce.
- Some services only available in eligible counties. You must be in an eligible county to have It’s Over Easy serve your spouse and file your forms with the court.
It’s Over Easy additional resources
It’s Over Easy has a few extra perks when you use its services, depending on your divorce package:
- Coparenting and custody module. This tool can help you and your spouse determine everything from how much time your child will spend with each parent, to decisions about your child’s health and wellbeing.
- Calculators. Input your income and expenses to help determine child support and spousal support payments.
- Network of professionals. It’s Over Easy can connect you with professionals that can help support you during your divorce, including attorneys, therapists and financial planners.
Compare It’s Over Easy to other services
Size up It’s Over Easy against its competitors:
Is It’s Over Easy legit?
Yes. In 2017, It’s Over Easy was founded by Laura Wasser, a celebrity lawyer involved in several big profile divorces, including Angelina Jolie, Johnny Depp and Kim Kardashian.
It’s Over Easy online reviews
It’s Over Easy doesn’t have many customer reviews or ratings as of September 2020. Among the 10 reviews on TrustPilot, most users were happy with the customer service and smooth process. One customer was unsatisfied because his documents were rejected by the courts twice.
|Better Business Bureau||Not available yet|
|BestCompany||Not available yet|
|ConsumerAffairs.com||Not available yet|
|TrustPilot||4 out of 5 stars based on 10 reviews|
|Sitejabber||Not available yet|
- Phone. Call 877-853-2530 weekdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT or file a call-back request on its website.
- Email. Send an email by clicking Need help and selecting Contact support on its website.
It’s Over Easy has made a few headlines because its founder has handled several high-profile divorce cases in Hollywood. Its comprehensive divorce packages to take your case from start to finish might seem attractive, but few customer testimonials can attest to its successes.
If you want a provider that’s been in the game a bit longer, you might want to consider a few other online divorce services.