Make videos in minutes with professional results, but expect long export times.
InVideo is video-creation software designed to help you make professional-looking videos even if you have no editing experience. The software offers both free and paid plans, allowing you to use your own content or choose from standard and premium stock content as you create a video.
- Choose this software if you don’t have a lot of time to spend crafting your videos, but want a polished result.
- Consider something else if you need to create content offline or require features not currently supported by the software.
How does InVideo work?
Using InVideo’s web interface, you can choose a template for the size and shape of your screen, whether you want something wide for YouTube, a vertical screen for Instagram or something in between. Next, either upload your own content or use some of the stock content available to create your video. When you’re done, export your video in whatever format you choose, and you’re ready to upload.
Compare InVideo’s features
All three of these video creators offer limited free plans, but our table shows how their paid plans and features compare.
|Price for paid plan||$10 to $60 per month||$19 to $199 per month||$9.99 to $19.99 per month|
|Support||24/7 live chat and email||24/7 live chat||Online support via contact form|
InVideo’s pricing and fees
InVideo has three subscription tiers, and offers a 50% discount on their monthly fees for customers who pay for the entire year up front.
|Free plan||Free||All the features of the Business plan, but the videos are watermarked.||
|Business plan||$20/month if paying monthly
$10/month if paying annually
|Unlimited plan||$60/month if paying monthly
$30/month if paying annually
|All the features of the Business plan, but with no limits on content or exported videos.||
Pros and Cons
- Quick. Users report that creating a video can take less than 20 minutes — much faster than other video software.
- Access to stock content. You can use your own videos, music and images, but InVideo gives you access to over a million stock content options without an extra fee.
- No restrictions on the videos you create. Unlike with some other video creation programs, the content you create using InVideo isn’t restricted, meaning you can use them for whatever purpose you need, or even sell them. The free version of the software does include a watermark on your videos.
- No template changes. Once you’ve selected a template, you have to start over to select a new one, which could mean losing a lot of work.
- Exporting process is long. Many users and reviewers complained that exporting a video takes much longer than it should, despite having reported the problem to InVideo support.
- Relies on a stable Internet connection. Because InVideo is a web-based app, the software is only as stable as your Internet connection.
Customer reviews and complaints
InVideo is a private company headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area. The company is not listed on the Better Business Bureau (BBB). InVideo is featured on a few major review sites, and as of July 2020 has a 4.8 rating on Capterra with 220 reviews and a 3.5 rating on TrustPilot with only 8 reviews. Customers mostly complained about missing features that they hope to see rolled into the editing software in the future.
How do I sign up for InVideo?
- Create an account with your name, email, password and phone number.
- Select whether you want to pay monthly or annually for your subscription.
- Click Get Business or Get Unlimited to select your plan.
- Review what’s included in your plan, then fill in your payment details. InVideo uses Stripe on the website, which only accepts Visa and Mastercard.
- Click the Pay button that shows your amount. Once the transaction is complete, you can start to edit your videos.
How do I contact InVideo support?
InVideo boasts 24/7 support through several means, including:
- Live video chat on the website
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The InVideo Facebook community and Twitter account
- A scheduler on the website that allows you to book a demo with an InVideo support tech
Compare design software
InVideo’s straightforward interface makes the software a solid choice for anyone looking to create videos quickly — even if they don’t have a lot of experience. But the web-based app can lag if you don’t have a stable Internet connection, and more experienced video editors may struggle with some of the feature limitations.