Pure Flix provides a similar service to Amazon, Netflix, and Hulu but with a faithful twist.
It seems today, that all you see are violence in movies, and sex on TV. But where are those good old-fashioned values on which we used to rely? Lucky, you can have Pure Flix on standby.
Located in Scottsdale, Arizona, Pure Flix Entertainment is a Christian company responsible for producing, distributing, and marketing films that preach Christian values and offer family-friendly content such as A Lot to Swallow: The Story of Jonah.
Pure Flix’s biggest film to date has been the movie adaptation of Jerusalem Countdown, which stars Pure Flix co-founder, David A.R. White (who appears in a whopping 23 Pure Flix movies), and the Six Million Dollar Man himself Lee Majors.
Price and packages
Pure Flix offers a free one-month trial and the option to continue on to a monthly subscription or an annual payment at a discounted price.
|Monthly payment||Annual payment|
|$7.99||$92.99 (a $3 saving)|
- If the provider quotes a different rate to the one above please let us know
Both plans allow for simultaneous streaming on six screens.
While you can cancel the service at any time, Pure Flix does not specify on its website whether you’re entitled to a refund if you cancel halfway through an annual subscription.
What devices and platforms can I watch Pure Flix on?
- PC (via web browser)
- Mac (via web browser)
- PlayStation 4
Tablets and smartphones
- iPad (via downloadable app)
- iPhone (via downloadable app)
- Android tablets (download directly from android.pureflix.com)
- Android smartphones (download directly from android.pureflix.com)
Streaming media players
How do I sign up for Pure Flix?
Not only does Pure Flix borrow its name from the insanely popular Netflix, but its website is also almost identical, which means signing up couldn’t be easier.
- Go to pureflix.com.
- Click the blue “Start Your Free Month” button (you can’t miss it).
- On the next page, enter your email and password (hold on to these as you’ll need them to sign in later).
- Select your plan.
- Enter your credit card details, agree to the terms and conditions, and click “Start Membership”.
- That’s it! Now you begin streaming Pure Flix.
Top picks for Pure Flix
Pure Flix certainly has some interesting content. If it’s famed Christian actor David A.R. White you’re after, then Pure Flix is for you. From his earlier, light-hearted roles in Crossing and Second Glance to his more recent (grittier) action blockbusters such as Revelation Road and Jerusalem Countdown, there’s plenty of David A.R. White to go around.
Pure Flix Pros and Cons
- Addresses a niche audience
- Six simultaneous streams on the basic account is more than most offer
- So much David A.R. White
- Miniscule saving on a 12-month plan
- Only 2,000 titles for the same price as Netflix
- Limited device compatibility
Pure Flix is bound to satisfy those who want to avoid the edgy material that Netflix offers but still want the benefits of a streaming video-on-demand service.
If it’s star power you’re after, then look no further. Some familiar faces you’ll see on Pure Flix include Steve “Sting” Borden Sr (yes, the WWC superstar), Sean Astin (Samwise Gamgee), Judd Nelson (John Bender from The Breakfast Club) and Eric Roberts.
Pure Flix will mostly satisfy fans of David A.R. White. It’s a no-brainer for any true fan.
Frequently asked questions
Does Pure Flix support closed captioning?
Yes, there are many titles in the library with closed caption support and Pure Flix consistently adds more titles with captions.
Are Pure Flix movies available for streaming in all countries?
Currently no, but Pure Flix is working to expand their services internationally.
How can I contact Pure Flix if I have any more questions?
You can contact customer service via phone at 1-844-426-3549 Monday-Friday, 6:00am-6:00pm, or you can send an email to email@example.com. You will normally receive a response within 24 hours, except on Sundays.