Stream live news, sports, entertainment and outdoor lifestyle TV channels on demand.
We received a KlowdTV box to try out for free so that we could bring you the most detailed review possible. Though we love free stuff, it doesn’t affect the way we write reviews.
KlowdTV launched in September 2014, providing customers with a live-streaming service which allows you to watch some of your favorite TV shows, whether you’re in the comfort of your own home or on the go.
Similar to other subscription services on the market, KlowdTV offers three different streaming packages starting at just $4.99 per month. There are no lock-in contracts, so you pay month to month and can cancel at any time.
The programming and channels offered are fully licensed for US distribution.
Pricing and packages
|Premium||Get 84 channels, mainly available in the US. Get the latest national and international news coverage from One America News Network, Newsmax and the Blaze, entertaining movies from Sony Movie Channel, seafaring sports and liftestyle programs on the Nautical channel, and the best in shopping on QVC and QVC Plus.||$9.99/month|
|Worldwide||Get 7 channels — available worldwide! Get the latest national and international news coverage from One America News Network, and enjoy awe-inspiring travel destinations, outrageous cars, culinary delights, and amazing homes on AWE.||$4.99/month|
|US Military Abroad||Get one channel — the latest national and international news coverage from One America News Network. US Military Abroad package is only available to military personnel using a valid military email address. The package is also only watchable outside of the United States.||$0.00/month|
What devices and platforms is the service compatible with?
If you have one of these devices, you can stream KlowdTV content:
KlowdTV unboxing: How to set up your KlowdTV
Watch our unboxing video to see what comes in the package and how to connect to your TV.
Our experience with KlowdTV
We received a KlowdTV box to try for free, plus one month of services. Here are our thoughts on:
- Setup. It was super easy — see our unboxing video above to see just how simple the process was. We had it out of the box and hooked up in less than five minutes.
- The remote control. Even though the remote looks daunting like it could control a spaceship, we found it quite convenient that it came with a keyboard and a touchpad option. Anyone who has experience using the Search feature on AppleTV or Netflix knows how obnoxious it is to go letter by letter until you find what you need.
- The menu. The menu was easy to navigate and see all of the services. It does not come with as many streaming channels pre-installed as AppleTV, but the important ones (Youtube, Amazon, Netflix, Hulu) are there. One thing that confused us was why the TV and Apps were on separate screens, especially since services like Hulu qualify as both. You’ll see in the video above how several services are on both tabs such as Google, Youtube and Hulu. This really bothered us, as we couldn’t tell what the difference was between each and why we needed to access them differently.
- Apps. We struggled somewhat to understand how the Media Center, Lightning, FileExplorer and Downloads work. With AppleTV, purchases for new items are done within the main streaming channel (there is no separation of TV and Apps), so we weren’t quite sure how to use this section. Since KlowdTV is mobile-friendly, these areas are for downloading and playing media straight from your device through your TV.
- Watching live TV. We don’t watch a lot of live TV in our house, but we do love live sports. KlowdTV offers a few sports-specific channels, but unfortunately we’re not as interested in soccer or the hunting channel as much as we are in watching NFL and MLB.
Top Picks on KlowdTV
KlowdTV brings together a range of internationally-recognized channels such as Sky News, as well as more niche channels such as beIN Sport, which wholly report on soccer events and news.
With over 70 different channels on offer and thousands of TV shows accessible within each channel, there’s live-streaming content to suit everyone. You’ll find dedicated news, sports, lifestyle and entertainment channels like the Sony Movie Channel.
How do I sign up to KlowdTV?
In order to sign up and create a KlowdTV account, you must be over 18 years old. You will need a computer and Internet access to complete the signup process. Select your desired package that you’d like to buy.
It is currently offering a free seven-day trial for new subscribers. To start the trial, you will need to enter your billing information and credit card details to confirm your membership and you’ll be ready to start streaming. KlowdTV will not charge anything to your card during the free trial period.
Once the free trial has ended, the paid subscription will start and your credit card will be charged in a month-to-month basis. If you decide during the trial that you’re not happy with KlowdTV, make sure you cancel your subscription before the end of the free trial period expires. As there are no locked-in contracts or cancellation fees, all you need to do is deactivate your subscription to avoid the monthly fee being charged to your credit card.
Pros and cons of KlowdTV
- A wide selection of TV channels available in the US. There are over 70 channels available in the US on KlowdTV with thousands of TV shows to watch.
- Specialty channels are available, such as live content. For example, if you love watching soccer, KlowdTV offer beIN Sports, a channel entirely dedicated to soccer. The channel bring you the latest news, live games, updates and commentary 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Limited number of TV channels available worldwide. In the Worldwide package, there are only six TV channels available for viewing.
- TV and Apps were listed on separate screens in the menu. Several services such as Google, Youtube and Hulu were listed on both the TV and Apps tabs, which was confusing because we couldn’t tell what the difference was between each and why we needed to access them differently.
- Easy to accidentally renew. As you are required to enter your credit card details to start the free trial, it is easy to forget to cancel the subscription before the first month begins. If you are unhappy with the service, make sure you cancel before the free trial ends so that you won’t be charged.
KlowdTV offers a variety of TV channels from sports, news, entertainment and outdoor lifestyle categories. You can stream KlowdTV on a wide range of devices so you can watch in the comfort of your own home or on the go. With a free seven-day trial, you have the opportunity to try before you buy and see if the service is right for you without having to pay upfront.