With Watch HGTV, you can stream your favorite home improvement, gardening, craft, and remodeling shows for free from your computer or smart device. All you need is an HGTV subscription.
HGTV Online Streaming Review
Are you always looking for new house decorating tips, or the best home design inspiration? HGTV may be the perfect station for you. If you missed your favorite HGTV program, you can take advantage of the convenient online streaming service, Watch HGTV. Not only can you watch live TV online, but you can also stream full episodes of show like Flip or Flop, Property Brothers, House Hunters, and more. Never worry about missing an episode of your favorite HGTV show again, with Watch HGTV.
Participating providers for HGTV Online Streaming
|Dish Network||FiOS TV from Frontier|
|Time Warner Cable||Bright House Networks|
|Google Fiber Optimum||Midco|
Compatible Devices with the HGTV
You can access HGTV on a variety of different devices and platforms, including:
|Amazon Fire TV||Apple TV|
What are the benefits of HDTV?
- Live TV. You can watch HGTV live anywhere, at any time. Live TV can be watched from your phone, tablet or laptop. The live TV portion of HGTV’s website tells you what is on, a short description of what is playing, and what is on next.
- Watch HGTV app. The Watch HGTV app lets you stream your favorite HGTV shows live or on demand from your smart device. It is updated everyday with the network’s episodes, clips, and content. Additionally, many shows are available the day after they air.
- Watchlists. Once you log in with your credentials, you can subscribe to any show and create your own customized watchlists. If you subscribe, your watchlist will update with new episodes as they become available. If you cannot finish an episode, your watchlist can save your place so you can resume at any time.
Pricing and packaging
With an HGTV subscription, you can access Watch HGTV. Watch HGTV is free with your subscription, and lets you stream your favorite HGTV shows, even full episodes. You can also download the app for free to watch from your smart device or gaming console. All you have to do to access the free streaming service is already be a subscriber to HGTV.
It is important to note that you will have to pay the HGTV subscription fee with your TV provider in order to access Watch HGTV. Subscriptions range in pricing by TV provider. You can call your TV provider in your area to see what HGTV will cost.
- Seasonal tips. Watch HGTV has tons of shows, programs, and resources that offer fun tips and tricks for the holidays. Whether it is DIY fall decorations, or the best Winter finger foods, HGTV covers it.
- Home advice. You can watch HGTV shows for advice on how to buy, sell, or improve the look of your home. The network provides several tips on decoration, real estate, and more.
- Exclusive extras. With the Watch HGTV app, you can watch exclusive content, interviews, behind-the-scenes footage, etc.
- Subscription required. To access HGTV content, you need a cable or satellite subscription. You will need to input your TV provider credentials whether you stream online by computer, or download Watch HGTV to your device through the IOS app store, Google Play store, or Roku Channel store.
- Limited providers. Though the network offers the streaming service to several providers, not all are supported. Plus, where you live impacts if the channel is accessible to you. You can check if you qualify for HGTV in your area through the network’s website. HGTV is working on adding additional providers to the list.
- No movies. This network does not offer a wide array of movies like a lot of television streaming services do. Instead, shows are HGTV-specific.
HGTV offers a variety of helpful and entertaining shows. A few of the most popular titles include:
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I watch my shows with closed captions?
Yes, closed captioning is available on most all shows.
How can I find out which shows are playing on Watch HGTV?
HGTV has a section of its website dedicated to a TV schedule. The schedule lets you input your timezone to see what is on, and at what time.
Can I watch episodes without logging in with my TV credentials?
You will need to sign in with your TV provider credentials to stream HGTV content. You cannot watch every full episode if you are not signed in. In fact, to access more than just a limited selection of full epsiodes, you will need to provide your credentials.
Do I need to be connected to the internet to watch videos?
To stream with Watch HGTV, you will need to be connected to the internet.
Does HGTV add new videos?
Yes. The network is always working on adding new show episodes, and tries to frequently update its available content.