Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
FXNOW On-demand TV and Video Streaming Review
FXNOW is an on-demand TV and video streaming service provider that lets you watch award-winning shows, blockbuster movies, and every Simpson episode ever.
If you are a big fan of FX, FXX, and/or FXM TV shows and movies, FXNOW could be a great addition for you. With FXNOW, you can choose what you want to stream from tons of options, and watch your program conveniently online. Plus, you can download the FXNOW app to stream your favorite shows and movies as you please, wherever you choose. The app has a simple setup, and all you have to do is download the content onto your device, sign in using your TV provider details, and start streaming. It is worth noting that the sign in process is slightly different on select devices, but FX’s website explains each process from start to finish.
Participating providers for FXNOW
If you have access to the FX Networks through your cable provider, you will be able to stream shows and movies with FXNOW. To access the FX Networks online, you can sign into FXNOW, or download the FXNOW app to stream FX, FXX, and FXM from your smart device. To start streaming with FXNOW, all you have to do is sign into FX’s website with your TV cable provider credentials. A few participating TV providers include:
Providers for FXNOW:
- AT&T U-verse
- Time Warner Cable
- Verizon Fios
- Charter Communications
While the list above gives a few top TV providers, there are additional providers not listed that also participate.
Compatible Devices with FXNOW
The FXNOW app is available on a variety of different devices, including:
- Samsung Smart TV
- Windows 10
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android TV
What are the benefits of FXNOW?
- Watch anywhere. You can enjoy FXNOW online, or download the app to access FXNOW shows and movies on-demand from anywhere.
- Three networks. With FXNOW, you can access three networks, including FX, FXX, and FXM.
- Options. You can choose between the most popular TV show and movies. Many TV shows are currently airing, and you can watch new episodes the day after they air on TV.
- App extras. With FXNOW, you can download customer apps inspired by hit FX and FXX originals. You can enjoy an FX Emoji app, a Sunny Says Soundboard, a Flipadelphia app, a Strain Transformation app, and an Archerisms app.
Pricing and packaging
If you have FX, you can get FXNOW for no charge. It is also completely free to download the FXNOW app.
To access FXNOW, however, you will need to purchase a cable plan that includes FX, or subscribe to the FX channel. Each cable provider may differ in subscription details and specifics.
Pros and cons
- Simpsons World. With FXNOW, you can enjoy every episode of the Simpsons, anytime.
- Free. If you have an FX subscription, logging into FXNOW, and downloading the FXNOW app is completely free of charge.
- Current and old media choices. You can see the latest movies and shows, but also older classic titles, like Mad About You, and Buffy The Vampire Slayer.
- Need FX. In order to access FXNOW, you will need to login to your TV provider. You cannot just come to the website and watch any show for free. In fact, content is locked until you log in with your TV provider credentials.
- Not unlimited. Though there are hundreds of media titles to choose from, there are shows and movies that are exclusive to other channels, and not available through FXNOW.
- Commercials. Though FXNOW is free with your subscription, your movies and TV shows will still be interrupted by ads and commercials.
- Streaming problems. Some customers claim that FXNOW can be slow to load, and has the tendency to crash often. However, this is not the case for everyone.
Compare streaming services
FX, FXX, and FXM all offer award-winning shows and content.
The most popular shows include the following:
Frequently Asked Questions
Ask an Expert