When you’re looking at a new television service, there are more than a few options, luckily Dish Network has competitive prices and a DVR so you can record your favorite shows for less.
No surprises and a two-year price lock.
Finding a television package that gives you what you want at a price that’s affordable can seem like trying to find a unicorn. When you’re not getting overloaded with extra channels that you don’t need at a higher cost, there are surprise fees or unreasonable hikes in the monthly cost after the introductory period. Dish Network provides packages that you can construct at reasonable prices. This paired with a top-end DVR and a two-year price lock means you can watch your shows on your time with a predictable price.
Dish Network Cable TV Deals
- Intro rates are from as low as $34.99/month to $49.99/month
- Two year introductory period allows you to enjoy low prices and try the service out
- Over 190 channels with the lowest rate and over 290 with the highest
- A two year contract is required with sign up
- The Hopper is a 2 TB DVR that is $15.00/month, and there are multiple receivers available for additional TVs
- Additional surcharges and taxes are imposed on subscribers living in states that impose them
- A late payment fee of $7.00 is assessed if a bill is not paid in full before its due date
- If a payment that is returned a fee of $10.00 is assessed
- Changing your programming within 30 days of the same service being added is either $5.00 or $20.00 depending on the programming
- Additional receivers range from $7.00/month to $17.00/month depending on the chosen receiver
A locked-in price guarantee for two years is one of the biggest benefits with Dish Network. Securing a good price for an extended period of time (compared to other services that only offer one-year for their introductory period) can be a money-saver in the short-term. With decently priced packages after the promotional period is up, Dish’s services can be enjoyed without breaking the bank.
Being able to watch TV anywhere from any device is another feature Dish Network offers. With the Dish mobile app and the website customers can stream content from anywhere an internet connection is available. Dish also boasts a 2 TB DVR, allowing for thousands of hours of standard recording.
What to watch out for
- Customer service can be dodgy.
While Dish has a higher than average American Customer Satisfaction Index score than other TV providers, they still only sport a 63 out of 100. Dish does offer chatting through their website if you prefer to avoid the phone, or would like to keep a transcript of your conversation.
- Signing up requires a two-year contract, and prices increase after the second year.
If you aren’t ready to commit to any one service, Dish may be a bit of a leap for you. Having a price locked in for two years can be great, but it’s important to keep in mind that you do have to take on a two-year contract.
- There is a $10.00 fee associated with returning leased equipment.
Taking on Dish carries a longer contract and if you decide that they aren’t the service for you cancelling involves returning any leased equipment. Part of returning it involves paying for the box and label to get the equipment back to Dish.
- Sports blackouts can occur.
If you subscribe to Dish’s sports package there are times when games may not be available through the sports package-specific channels. A blackout occurs when special rights are acquired for the event. In the case of national blackouts, Dish provides the Game Finder tool to find the specific channel the game will be broadcasted on.
- Subscribers must be 18 years of age or older to receive adult programming, or the age of majority in their state
- A higher credit rating may qualify a subscriber for additional special offers
Am I eligible?
If you live in 48 of the U.S. that Dish services (sorry Alaska and Hawaii!) and own your property or have permission from your landlord, you can sign up for Dish Network today.
What information do I need to apply?
- Credit level
- Number of televisions that will be serviced
- First and last name
- Phone number and email address
- Residential address where service will be provided and billing address
- Landlord permission form if the property being serviced is a rental
- Credit card information for initial payment and billing
How to apply
In order to apply for Dish services you will need basic contact, billing, and credit information.
- Go to Site
- Click “Order Now”
- Follow the steps to select the package of your choice
- Enter the requested personal information
- Enter the requested billing information
- Set up an appointment for installation
- Enjoy your new television service
I got Dish! Now what?
With hundreds of channels to choose from and the ability to record on the go, it’s time to kick back and enjoy some quality programming.
Paying your monthly bill
- You can pay your bill online through the MyDish website, or by mail.
- Dish accepts Mastercard, VISA, American Express, and Discover credit cards for payment.
- If you’re the “set it and forget it” type, you can set up automatic payments through the MyDish website.
A television service that allows you to get the programming you want, and only the programming you want, and locks in the price for two years can be handy when you’re looking to commit. If you’re the type to just want to dip your toe in, there may be better options out there, and you can find some of those options through us.