We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Xoom: a PayPal Service
A fast, easy way to send funds, reload phones and pay bills across the world
Try PayPal’s trusted money transfer service
Owned by PayPal, Xoom is an international money transfer service. Xoom lets you send to cash pickup, bank deposit and home delivery, depending on where you’re sending money.
Xoom is best for:
- Several types of transfers. Top-up phones, pay international bills or just send money to a loved one.
- Quick funding. Money can arrive instantly depending on what you choose to pay with and how it’s delivered.
- Easy process. Signing up takes no time at all, and sending money is just as simple.
How much does it cost to transfer money with Xoom?
Fees vary depending on a range of factors, including how you pay for your transfer, where you’re sending your funds and the amount of money you send. You’ll get lower fees when you pay using your bank account.
Xoom exchange rates
Xoom sets the exchange rates that apply to its money transfers based on international markets, and updates these rates multiple times throughout the day. You can confirm Xoom’s exchange rates at any point using its online Fees and Exchange Rate Calculator.
What types of transfers can I make with Xoom?
With Xoom you can easily:
- Transfer funds. Send money to people in 70 countries.
- Purchase instant top-ups. Reload prepaid phones in 35 countries.
- Pay bills. International bills can be paid in 8 countries.
Available countries and currencies
Xoom offers transfers to 70 countries. Currencies will vary based on the country of the recipient, but all transfers are paid for in US dollars. Some popular transfer destinations for funds sent from the US are:
- Latin America and Mexico
Are there any transfer limits?
As little as $10 and up to $10,000 can be sent per transaction. Your upper limit may vary based on delivery method and destination, among other factors. The hard and fast limits are:
- $10,000 per transaction
- $10,000 per 24-hours
- $25,000 per 30 days
- $60,000 per 180 days
How do I send money overseas with Xoom?
While you don’t necessarily need a PayPal account to use Xoom, you will need a Xoom account. Sign up is fast, and should take under five minutes. Once you’re logged in, simply follow these steps:
- Click Send Money and fill out the amount you want to send, where you want to send it, how you want it delivered and how you want to pay.
- Enter in your recipient’s information, including their name, address, email and phone number. Choose where it’s delivered or provide your recipient’s bank information.
- Provide your payment information.
- Review the transfer and confirm.
What is Xoom?
Xoom is a leading provider of digital money transfer services, currently headquartered in San Francisco. Whether you need to pay a bill internationally or send money to family or friends overseas, Xoom can help. With 1.2 million customers worldwide and $7 billion in transactions in 2014, Xoom is a leading provider that makes sending money across Europe, South America, Central America and Asia easy and hassle-free.
What do customers say about Xoom?
Xoom is accredited with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and holds the rank of A+. The composite score as of this writing is 3.89 out of 5, and is based on both the rank and customer reviews submitted to the BBB.
How does Xoom protect my money?
Protecting your identity is a top priority at Xoom. With more than 1 million clients, Xoom has a proven track record when it comes to keeping your info secure.
- 128-bit encryption. Xoom protects all information moving between your browser and its servers.
- Accountability. Its parent company is PayPal, a publicly traded company.
- Money-back guarantee. Xoom offers a full refund if your money isn’t received.
- Updates. Track your transfer online and receive text or email notifications on its progress.
- Highly rated. Xoom received an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and is certified by TRUSTe.
How do I report suspicious activity to Xoom?
Xoom will never email you to confirm passwords, transaction details or personal information. If you are the recipient of an email from someone claiming to be Xoom, do not respond. If you’re wary about an email or phone call, forward the email to email@example.com or call 800- 935-7154.
You can contact Xoom customer service by phone number at 1-877-815-1531, or by email. An online Help Center is also available, and has an extensive FAQ that may answer your questions.
Compare Xoom to the competition
See how other services compare to Xoom
Use our comparison calculator to assess transfer fees, exchange rates and other details for sending funds overseas with our money transfer partners.
Frequently asked questions about Xoom
Ask an Expert