Xoom offers a fast, easy and secure way to send funds, reload phones and pay bills.
What services does Xoom offer?
- Send money. With Xoom you can send money in seconds to 56 countries around the world anytime, anywhere. They offer minimal fees and competitive exchange rates.
- Reload phones. Xoom allows you to reload the phones of friends and family members in more than 29 countries around the world.
- Pay bills. Xoom’s bill paying service makes it easy to pay bills overseas from within the United States.
Pros and cons of using Xoom
- Customer service. Xoom offers 24/7 customer service. Call toll-free any time of the day and speak with a live representative.
- Track your transfers. Receive a text message when your money arrives. Xoom will also email you and your recipient to keep you both informed of the transfer’s progress. You can also log on to your account any time and track the transaction there. Or call customer service and receive an update from a live representative.
- Money-back guarantee. Xoom offers a money-back guarantee to refund your transaction in full if the money you send doesn’t arrive to your recipient.
- Not worldwide. There are other money transfer providers that service larger international networks than Xoom.
See how other services compare to Xoom
Save money on your personal or business international money transfer today. Fill in the form and you’ll be contacted by a foreign exchange expert to have an obligation-free discussion about your options. With over 17 years of foreign exchange expertise and over $100 billion transferred, OFX can help with all your currency exchange needs, including:
Save money on your personal or business international money transfer today. Fill in the form and you’ll be contacted by a foreign exchange expert to have an obligation-free discussion about your options.
With over 17 years of foreign exchange expertise and over $100 billion transferred, OFX can help with all your currency exchange needs, including:
Who is Xoom?
Xoom is a leading provider of digital money transfer services. Whether you need to pay a bill internationally or send money to family or friends overseas, Xoom can help. It boasts 1.2 million customers around the globe who collectively sent $6.9 billion with Xoom in 2014. With headquarters in San Francisco, Xoom offers transfers to 56 countries.
The most popular transfer destinations for funds sent from the U.S. are:
Frequently asked questions
Which countries can I send money to using Xoom?
Xoom offers transfers to the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Kenya, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mexico, Latvia, Monaco, Malta, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Nepal, Pakistan, Singapore, Slovenia, Slovakia, San Marino, Peru, the Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sri Lanka, the United Kingdom, Uruguay, Vietnam and South Africa.
What are the options for receiving cash in Mexico?
Xoom makes it possible for you to deposit the funds directly into your recipient’s bank account or make the funds available for pickup from an agent location.
How much does it cost to send a money transfer?
The fees that apply to your transfer will vary depending on where you send your money and how you pay for your transaction. Paying for your transfer from your U.S. bank account entitles you to Xoom’s lowest transfer fees, with charges a little bit higher when you pay with your credit or debit card. To give you an idea of the costs involved, sending $1,000 to Mexico from your bank account will only incur a fee of $4.99, but paying with a credit or debit card will set you back $24.99.
Is there a limit on how much money I can send?
Yes. As soon as you sign up for Xoom you are allowed to send up to $2,999 every 24 hours, up to a maximum of $6,000 in a 30-day period and $9,999 in a 180-day period. While every Xoom transaction is capped at $2,999, you can increase your 30-day and 180-day limits by providing additional information. Keep in mind that specific transfer limits may apply to certain countries.
Can I schedule a money transfer in advance?
Yes. Xoom offers a variety of scheduling options to allow you to set up future transfers and recurring transactions.
Is my money secure with Xoom?
Xoom uses 128-bit encryption to ensure the safety of your funds and your personal details.
When you need to send an international money transfer from the United States, pay an international bill or reload a phone, Xoom can make the process simple and stress-free. However, finder.com always recommends comparing a range of options before deciding on the provider to handle your transaction.