A fast, easy way to send funds, reload phones and pay bills across the world
We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.
Try PayPal’s trusted money transfer service
Owned by PayPal, Xoom is an international money transfer service. Xoom lets you send to cash pickup, bank deposit and home delivery, depending on where you’re sending money.
Xoom is best for:
- Several types of transfers. Top-up phones, pay international bills or just send money to a loved one.
- Quick funding. Money can arrive instantly depending on what you choose to pay with and how it’s delivered.
- Easy process. Signing up takes no time at all, and sending money is just as simple.
How much does it cost to transfer money with Xoom?
Fees vary depending on a range of factors, including how you pay for your transfer, where you’re sending your funds, and the amount of money you send. You’ll get lower fees when you pay using your bank account.
Xoom exchange rates
Xoom sets the exchange rates that apply to its money transfers based on international markets, and updates these rates multiple times throughout the day. You can confirm Xoom’s exchange rates at any point using its online Fees and Exchange Rate Calculator.
What types of transfers can I make with Xoom?
With Xoom you can easily:
- Transfer funds. Send money to people in 70 countries.
- Purchase instant top-ups. Reload prepaid phones in 35 countries.
- Pay bills. International bills can be paid in 8 countries.
Available countries and currencies
Xoom offers transfers to 70 countries. Currencies will vary based on the country of the recipient, but all transfers are paid for in US dollars. Some popular transfer destinations for funds sent from the US are:
- Latin America and Mexico
Are there any transfer limits?
As little as $10 and up to $10,000 can be sent per transaction. Your upper limit may vary based on delivery method and destination, among other factors. The hard and fast limits are:
- $10,000 per transaction
- $10,000 per 24-hours
- $25,000 per 30 days
- $60,000 per 180 days
How do I send money overseas with Xoom?
While you don’t necessarily need a PayPal account to use Xoom, you will need a Xoom account. Sign up is fast, and should take under five minutes. Once you’re logged in, simply follow these steps:
- Click Send Money and fill out the amount you want to send, where you want to send it, how you want it delivered and how you want to pay.
- Enter in your recipient’s information, including their name, address, email and phone number. Choose where it’s delivered or provide your recipient’s bank information.
- Provide your payment information.
- Review the transfer and confirm.
What is Xoom?
Xoom is a leading provider of digital money transfer services, currently headquartered in San Francisco. Whether you need to pay a bill internationally or send money to family or friends overseas, Xoom can help. With 1.2 million customers worldwide and $7 billion in transactions in 2014, Xoom is a leading provider that makes sending money across Europe, South America, Central America and Asia easy and hassle-free.
What do customers say about Xoom?
Xoom is accredited with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and holds the rank of A+. The composite score as of this writing is 3.89 out of 5, and is based on both the rank and customer reviews submitted to the BBB.
You can contact Xoom customer service by phone number at 1-877-815-1531, or by email. An online Help Center is also available, and has an extensive FAQ that may answer your questions.
See how other services compare to Xoom
Use our comparison calculator to assess transfer fees, exchange rates and other details for sending funds overseas with our money transfer partners.