Secure, affordable international money transfers to 13 countries in Latin America and Asia
Need to send money overseas conveniently and affordably? Wells Fargo’s ExpressSend lets you send money to 13 Latin American and Asian countries through Wells Fargo’s network members in each region. Transfers are fast and secure, and you have the option of depositing funds directly into your recipient’s bank account or making it available for pickup at an agent location.
How can I send money overseas with Wells Fargo?
Sending money overseas with Wells Fargo’s ExpressSend is quick and easy. The first time you use ExpressSend, you’ll need to set up the transaction at Wells Fargo branch or by phone. You can initiate subsequent transfers online, over the phone or at your local branch.
To get started, give the bank a call or drop in at your local branch to discuss your transfer requirements. You’ll then need to complete an ExpressSend Service Agreement, which includes:
- Your recipient’s name, address and phone number, along with the transfer network member to which your money should be sent.
- How you’d like your recipient to receive the money you send — either deposited directly into their bank account or made available for cash pickup.
Which countries can I send money to with Wells Fargo?
Wells Fargo allows you to transfer funds to:
- El Salvador
- Dominican Republic
What is Wells Fargo?
Wells Fargo was founded by Henry Wells and William Fargo in San Francisco during the heady gold rush days of 1852. Though it started out serving the West, this American financial institution now has a nationwide base and some $1.7 trillion in assets. Through a network of 8,700 locations, 12,500 ATMs and online and smartphone platforms, Wells Fargo does business with approximately 70 million customers across the United States.
Wells Fargo does business with one in three US households and has operations in 36 countries around the world. 2014 was a big year for Wells Fargo as it was named “Most Respected Bank” by Barron’s magazine and also won the award for “Best U.S. Bank” from The Banker magazine.
As the eighth-biggest public company in the world, Wells Fargo is the number-one retail mortgage lender in the United States and the number-one small business lender. From everyday banking accounts and credit cards through to foreign currency exchange, Wells Fargo offers a wide variety of products and services to its customers.
What other products does Wells Fargo offer?
- Checking accounts. Use a Wells Fargo checking account to efficiently and affordably manage your day-to-day finances.
- Savings accounts. Save for your financial future or even your retirement with a Wells Fargo savings account.
- Credit cards. Whether you want a basic credit card or one with added extras, Wells Fargo can help.
- Debit and prepaid cards. Wells Fargo’s debit and prepaid cards allow you to take charge of your finances to manage a wide range of payments.
- Mortgage loans. Own your next home sooner through a wide range of flexible loan features.
- Other loans. Wells Fargo offers auto loans, student loans, personal loans and home equity loans.
- Insurance. Insurance solutions include auto, life, homeowners, renters and umbrella liability cover.
- Investing. Manage your investment portfolio across a range of financial instruments online or with advice from Wells Fargo.
Wells Fargo’s ExpressSend offers a simple, cost-effective solution when you need to send money to specific countries in Asia or Latin America.
However, it’s always a good idea to compare the features and benefits of other money transfer services before you decide on the best way to send your funds.