Send secure, affordable international money transfers to 13 countries across Latin America and Asia with ExpressSend.
Need to send money overseas to loved ones quickly, safely and without breaking the bank? Wells Fargo can help.Its ExpressSend transfers funds to 13 Latin American and Asian countries through Wells Fargo’s remittance network members in each region.
Transfers are fast and secure, and you have the option of depositing funds directly into your recipient’s bank account or making it available for pickup at an agent location.
See how other services compare to Wells Fargo
How can I send money overseas with Wells Fargo?
Sending money overseas with Wells Fargo’s ExpressSend is quick and easy. The first time you use ExpressSend, you’ll need to set up the transaction at Wells Fargo branch or by phone. You can initiate subsequent transfers online, over the phone or at your local branch.
To get started, give the bank a call or drop in at your local branch to discuss your transfer requirements. You’ll then need to complete an ExpressSend Service Agreement, which includes:
- Your recipient’s name, address and phone number, along with the remittance network member to which your money should be sent.
- How you’d like your recipient to receive the money you send — either deposited directly into their bank account or made available for cash pickup.
What countries can I send money to with Wells Fargo?
Wells Fargo allows you to transfer funds to Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, the Dominican Republic, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, the Philippines, India, Vietnam and China.
Pros and cons of using Wells Fargo
- Trusted provider. Wells Fargo is a global brand and a trusted name in the banking and financial services industry.
- Transfer options. Initiate ExpressSend transfers over the phone, online or at a branch with the option of depositing funds into your recipient’s account or making them available for cash pickup.
- Send from your bank account. Funds are sent from your eligible Wells Fargo checking or savings account, meaning it’s quick and easy to start sending international money transfers.
- Not worldwide. ExpressSend transfers money to 13 countries in Asia and Latin America only.
What other products does Wells Fargo offer?
- Checking accounts. Use a Wells Fargo checking account to efficiently and affordably manage your day-to-day finances.
- Savings accounts. Save for your financial future or even your retirement with a Wells Fargo savings account.
- Credit cards. Whether you want a basic credit card or one with added extras, Wells Fargo can help.
- Debit and prepaid cards. Wells Fargo’s debit and prepaid cards allow you to take charge of your finances to manage a wide range of payments.
- Mortgage loans. Own your next home sooner through a wide range of flexible loan features.
- Other loans. Wells Fargo offers auto loans, student loans, personal loans and home equity loans.
- Insurance. Insurance solutions include auto, life, homeowners, renters and umbrella liability cover.
- Investing. Manage your investment portfolio across a range of financial instruments online or with advice from Wells Fargo.
What is Wells Fargo?
Wells Fargo is a leading name in the US banking industry and around the world.
Founded in San Francisco in 1852, Wells Fargo has grown to boast a nationwide presence and some $1.7 trillion in assets. With 70 million customers across the US and globally, Wells Fargo operates a network of 8,700 branches, more than 12,500 ATMs and roughly 260,000 employees.
It offers a hugely diversified range of financial products and services to its customers, including everything from everyday transaction accounts and credit cards through to insurance, foreign currency solutions and business banking products.
Wells Fargo’s ExpressSend offers a simple, cost-effective solution when you need to send money to specific countries in Asia or Latin America.
However, it’s always a good idea to compare the features and benefits of other money transfer services before you decide on the best way to send your funds.
Frequently asked questions
Can I use ExpressSend for business payments?
No, this service is available for payments among consumers only. Contact Wells Far for solutions to your international business payment problems.
Where can I send funds to?
How much does it cost to transfer money with ExpressSend?
Fees vary depending on where you’re sending money to and how much. Use Wells Fargo’s online ExpressSend Remittance Cost Calculator to get an accurate estimate of how much you’ll pay in fees.
What are the remittance network members in Mexico?
Transfers to Mexico can go through Bancomer, Grupo FAMSA, Banorte, Banco Santander, Bansefi, Scotiabank, SORIANA or Telecomm Telegrafos.
How much can I transfer with Wells Fargo?
Transfer limits depend on where you’re sending your money and to which remittance member. For example, transfers to Peru through BBVA Banco Continental attract a $500 daily transfer limit, while transfers through Interbank have a $1,000 limit. Meanwhile, transfers to India through ICICI Bank or HDFC Bank are allowed up to a maximum of $5,000 per day.
In what currencies can I send transfers?
Transfers to most countries are made in US dollars with the exception of Colombia, the Dominican Republic, Honduras, Guatemala, India, Mexico and the Philippines. Transfers to those countries are made in local currency.