Secure, affordable international money transfers to 13 countries in Latin America and Asia
Need to send money overseas conveniently and affordably? Wells Fargo’s ExpressSend lets you send money to 13 Latin American and Asian countries through Wells Fargo’s network members in each region. Transfers are fast and secure, and you have the option of depositing funds directly into your recipient’s bank account or making it available for pickup at an agent location.
Send one-off transfers with moderate daily limits
With the ExpressSend service by Wells Fargo you can send up to $5,000 per day to more than a dozen different countries. Opening a bank account to send a transfer is a high bar to jump, especially when you have to go into a branch or call Wells Fargo to send funds for the first time. Both steps could prove too inconvenient for some.
Wells Fargo is best for:
- One-off transfers. Since recurring international transfers aren’t available, Wells Fargo is best for one-offs.
- When you have some extra time. For those who haven’t used ExpresSend before, you may have to go into a local branch to set up your first transfer.
- Limited destinations. Only 13 countries are currently available as destination points.
How much will I pay to transfer money with Wells Fargo?
ExpressSend is a free service to sign up for, but Wells Fargo charges fees and skews the exchange rate when transfers are made in order to make money. Fees will vary based on the location you’re sending money to, and how much you’re sending.
Sending $1,000 to China could attract a transfer fee of $7, while sending the same amount to India would have a $0 transfer fee. Check out our review of World First here and take advantage of their exclusive $0 fee offer.
Who charges less? Independent transfer services usually win out over banks when it comes to fees. There are several providers who will send a transfer for free with competitive exchange rates, including OFX, XE and World First.
Check out our review of World First here and take advantage of their exclusive $0 fee offer.
What types of transfers can I make with Wells Fargo?
You have two options when it comes to sending money internationally with Wells Fargo:
- ExpressSend. Make one-time transfers that can go directly to a bank account or be picked up in cash.
- Wire transfer. Make one-time bank-to-bank transfers.
Which countries can I send money to with Wells Fargo?
Wells Fargo allows you to transfer funds to the following countries with ExpressSend:
- El Salvador
- Dominican Republic
What are the transfer limits?
Wells Fargo allows you to send a minimum of $25 when using its ExpressSend feature. The daily maximum amount you can send is $5,000, and the maximum for a consecutive 30-day period is $12,500.
Daily limits will also vary among partnered network members, and range from $500–$5,000. Some network members also have monthly maximums and transaction limits. As an example, Bancomer in Mexico has the following limits:
- $500 per day for cash pickup
- $1,500 per day for credit to account
- $1,000 per calendar month for cash pickup
- $5,000 per 15 consecutive days and $10,000 per calendar month for credit to account
- 5 transactions per 7 consecutive days
- 15 transactions per 30 consecutive days
How can I send money overseas with Wells Fargo?
Sending money overseas with Wells Fargo’s ExpressSend is quick and easy. The first time you use ExpressSend, you’ll need to set up the transaction at Wells Fargo branch or by phone. You can initiate subsequent transfers online, over the phone or at your local branch.
To get started, give the bank a call or drop in at your local branch to discuss your transfer requirements. You’ll then need to complete an ExpressSend Service Agreement, which includes:
- Your recipient’s name, address and phone number, along with the transfer network member to which your money should be sent.
- How you’d like your recipient to receive the money you send — either deposited directly into their bank account or made available for cash pickup.
You can reach customer service for ExpressSend at any time by calling 1-800-556-0605. Your local branch may also be able to provide you with the support you need.
See how other services compare to Wells Fargo
Use our comparison calculator to assess transfer fees, exchange rates and other details for sending funds overseas with our money transfer partners.