Send money for cash pickup quickly and easily to more than 190 countries.
Walmart may be best known for its stores, but you can also use Walmart to send an international money transfer to friends and family in more than 190 countries around the world.
Thanks to Walmart’s partnership with international money transfer provider MoneyGram, you can now send money around the world either online or from your local Walmart store. The funds you send can then be picked up at any Walmart store in the US or Puerto Rico, or at any one of more than 335,000 MoneyGram agents around the world.
How can you send money overseas with Walmart?
Sending money overseas with Walmart can be done online or in-store.
- Online transfer. Register an account and add your recipient’s details. Pay with credit, debit or bank account.
- In-store transfer. Bring cash to any Walmart along with your recipient’s details.
Your recipient can also access the funds in a couple ways. They can pick up the cash at any Walmart store in the United States or Puerto Rico, or they can pick it up at any one of more than 336,000 MoneyGram agent locations around the world.
Money transfer locations near me
Minimum transfer amount and available currencies
Walmart lets you transfer up to $2,999 per transaction. You can send same-day transfers to more than 190 countries around the world.
How much does it cost to send money with Walmart?
The fees attached to your international money transfer will vary depending on where you send your money, the amount you send and your payment method. Fees are typically under $20, and you can review any fee before completing your transfer.
Walmart’s exchange rates are set by MoneyGram, which is typically at least 5% above the mid-market rate. These rates are updated regularly to reflect changing market conditions, so it’s always a good idea to compare the exchange rate available using this service with the rates offered by banks and other money transfer companies.
What is Walmart?
Walmart is an American retail giant and was founded in Arkansas in 1962. Since Sam Walton opened his first store more than 50 years ago, Walmart has grown into a worldwide business with operations in 28 countries around the world. With 11,000 stores and e-commerce websites in 11 countries, Walmart is visited by more than 245 million customers each week.
Though best known for its department stores, Walmart also offers a wide range of financial products and services to customers through the Walmart Money Center. From credit cards and insurance to money orders and bill paying, Walmart’s range of products offers solutions for a variety of needs.
In addition to international money transfers, it also offers its Walmart2Walmart money transfer service for transfers within the US.
What other products does Walmart offer?
- Transfers within the US. Walmart2Walmart money transfers allow you to send funds quickly and easily to any Walmart store in the US or Puerto Rico.
- Walmart Credit Card. The Walmart Credit Card features no annual fee and allows cardholders to access a wide range of special discounts.
- Walmart MoneyCard. Choose from four prepaid Visa or Mastercard options to help you manage your finances.
- Bluebird. This financial account offers a range of flexible features and money management tools to help you stay on top of your day to day finances.
- Bill Pay Service. Pay your utilities, credit card bill, mortgage and more at your local Walmart.
- Rapid Reload. Quickly reload a wide selection of popular prepaid cards at your local Walmart store.