Send money quickly and easily to more than 190 countries with a Walmart international money transfer
Walmart may be best known for its stores, but did you know you can also use Walmart to send an international money transfer to friends and family in more than 190 countries around the world? Thanks to Walmart’s partnership with international money transfer provider MoneyGram, you can now send money around the world either online or from your local Walmart store.The funds you send can then be picked up at any Walmart store in the US or Puerto Rico, or at any one of more than 335,000 MoneyGram agents around the world.
Compare Walmart with other global brands
Save money on your personal or business international money transfer today. Fill in the form and you’ll be contacted by a foreign exchange expert to have an obligation-free discussion about your options.
With over 17 years of foreign exchange expertise and over $100 billion transferred, OFX can help with all your currency exchange needs, including:
- Buying property abroad
- Regular overseas payments
- Risk management
- If the provider quotes a different rate to the one above please let us know
How can you send money overseas with Walmart?
Sending money overseas with Walmart can be done online or in-store. For online transactions at walmart.moneygram.com, you simply need to select the country you are sending to, how it will be received and the amount you wish to send.
You can then review the fee and exchange rate that applies and determine whether you would like to fund the transaction with your credit card, debit card or US checking account. Finally, you’ll need to register for an account by providing your contact details before you can send your transfer.
For in-store transfers, simply pop into your local Walmart store and send your money in person. You’ll just need to provide the name and location of the person you’re sending funds to and hand over the cash to cover the amount you are sending and any transfer fees that apply.
Your recipient can also access the funds in a couple ways. They can pick up the cash at any Walmart store in the United States or Puerto Rico, or they can pick it up at any one of more than 336,000 MoneyGram agent locations around the world.
Money transfer locations near me
Pros and cons of using Walmart
- Agent network. Because you can pick up your cash at any Walmart store in the US or Puerto Rico, not to mention at one of more than 335,000 MoneyGram locations around the world, this money transfer method provides easy access to the funds you send.
- 190 countries. Send your money to more than 190 countries around the world.
- Fast transfers. Your cash can arrive at its destination in as little as 10 minutes.
- No account deposits. Walmart money transfers do not allow you to deposit funds directly into your receiver’s bank account.
What other products does Walmart offer?
- Transfers within the US. Walmart2Walmart money transfers allow you to send funds quickly and easily to any Walmart store in the US or Puerto Rico.
- Walmart Credit Card. The Walmart Credit Card features no annual fee and allows cardholders to access a wide range of special discounts.
- Walmart MoneyCard. Choose from four prepaid Visa or MasterCard options to help you manage your finances.
- Bluebird. This financial account offers a range of flexible features and money management tools to help you stay on top of your day to day finances.
- Bill Pay Service. Pay your utilities, credit card bill, mortgage and more at your local Walmart.
- Rapid Reload. Quickly reload a wide selection of popular prepaid cards at your local Walmart store.
Who is Walmart?
Walmart is an American retail giant and was founded in Arkansas in 1962. Since Sam Walton opened his first store more than 50 years ago, Walmart has grown into a worldwide business with operations in 28 countries around the world. With 11,000 stores and e-commerce websites in 11 countries, Walmart is visited by more than 245 million customers each week.
Though best known for its department stores, Walmart also offers a wide range of financial products and services to customers through the Walmart Money Center. From credit cards and insurance to money orders and bill paying, Walmart’s range of products offers solutions for a variety of needs.
In addition to international money transfers, it also offers its Walmart2Walmart money transfer service for transfers within the US.
Frequently asked questions
How fast will my money arrive?
Walmart money transfers are usually processed within minutes, though some may take longer depending on individual circumstances.
What options do I have to fund my transfer?
You can use the following payment options when you need to transfer money internationally: checking account, credit card, debit card, Walmart MoneyCard or cash.
Can I send money to Mexico through Walmart’s money transfer service?
Yes you can.
How can I check the exchange rate that applies to my online transfer?
The exchange rate and any fees that apply will be displayed when you enter the details of your transaction. You can review this information before you confirm your transfer.
What’s the maximum amount I can send online?
The maximum amount you can transfer online using the Walmart service is $2,999 US dollars.
Is there a minimum amount?
The minimum amount for online transfers varies depending on your payment method. The minimum for a 10-minute transfer paid for with your credit or debit card is $1, while the minimum for a transfer from your US checking account is $50.
How can I see a list of countries which I can send money to?
Simply visit the Walmart Money Center website and click ‘Get Started’ to send money online. You’ll then be able to look for your destination of choice in the list of available countries.
Walmart offers a quick, secure and reliable solution when you need to send money overseas. However, you should always weigh up the pros and cons of all your money transfer options before you decide on the best way to send your funds across international borders.