Enjoy quick, easy transfers to just about anywhere in the world with US Bank.
The first option is an online funds transfer through e-payments giant Western Union for bank deposit or cash for pickup, while the second is an international wire transfer.
Whichever option you choose, US Bank offers secure transactions and fast processing times.
See how other services compare to US Bank
Use our comparison calculator to weight the transfer fees, exchange rates and other details of US Bank against our money transfer partners.
How can you I send money overseas with US Bank?
To initiate an international money transfer with US Bank, you need to hold a checking or savings account with the bank. You can then take advantage of two international money transfer options: online transfers with Western Union or international wire transfers.
Western Union’s online service quickly and easily sends funds from your checking or savings account to anywhere in the world. Funds arrive the next day and can either be deposited into your recipient’s bank account or picked up from a US Bank branch or Western Union agent location.
With a US Bank international wire transfer, funds are sent to your recipient’s bank account for immediate collection. Wire transfers are fast and convenient when sending funds overseas for business or personal purposes.
Pros and cons of using US Bank
- Worldwide transfers. US Bank sends your funds just about anywhere in the world, including more than 500,000 Western Union agent locations around the globe.
- Fast transfers. Depending on the transfer option you choose, your recipient should be able to access your funds within two days.
- Send from your smartphone. US Bank international money transfers through Western Union can be sent from your computer or mobile device.
- Fees. Prepare to pay transfer fees whenever you send money overseas with US Bank.
What other products does US Bank offer?
- Foreign exchange services. Manage your foreign currency risk with handy foreign currency tools and resources from US Bank.
- International ACH payments to Europe, Canada and Mexico. Eliminate paper checks and send or receive a wide range of payments quickly and affordably.
- Checking and saving accounts. Manage your everyday finances and save for a secure financial future with US Bank.
- Credit cards. Browse an extensive range of credit cards for one that suits your needs — from everyday spending to business spending.
- Investments and wealth management. Comprehensive services include retirement and financial planning, investment management, trust and fiduciary services and private banking.
- Mortgage loans. Enjoy flexible features and a range of benefits when you borrow money to buy your next home from US Bank.
- Other loans. US Bank also offers home equity loans, auto loans, boat loans, RV loans and personal lines of credit.
What is US Bank?
With 67,000 employees, 18.5 million customers and more than $400 billion in total assets, US Bank is a major player in the US and global banking industry. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, US Bank specializes in four core lines of business:
- Consumer and small business banking.
- Wholesale banking and commercial real estate.
- Wealth management and securities services.
- Payment services.
Founded in 1863, US Bank offers a range of financial products and services to customers all over the United States. From checking and saving accounts to credit cards, prepaid cards, mortgages and other loans, it offers multiple solutions for personal and business banking customers.
If you’re looking for a fast and easy way to send money to friends and family overseas, consider the international money transfer options available from US Bank. But compare its fees and rates against a range of products on the market before deciding which is the best match for your financial needs.
Frequently asked questions
How much money can I send per transfer?
US Bank allow for online transfers at a maximum of $500 per transaction and $1,000 per month. Limits differ for international wire transfers depending on the type of account you hold.
Are there certain eligibility criteria that I need to satisfy?
As well as holding a US Bank checking or savings account, you will need to have been a customer of the bank for more than a year. If you plan to send money from your smartphone, your phone number must be on file with US Bank.
How can my recipient access the funds I send?
Your recipient can receive your funds as a bank deposit or for pickup from a US Bank branch or any one of more than 500,000 Western Union agent locations around the world.
How much does it cost to send money using the Western Union service?
The fees you’ll pay for each transaction vary depending on the amount you’re sending and how quickly you want your funds to arrive. You’ll be able to review the fees that apply to your transaction before you commit to sending your funds.
What are US Bank's wire transfer fees?
For domestic wire transfers, you will pay a $20 fee for incoming transfers and a $30 fee for outgoing transfers. International wire transfers are slightly more expensive: $25 for incoming transfers and $50 for outgoing transfers.
How can my recipient pick up my money?
Once your transaction is complete, contact your recipient with the 10-digit tracking number provided by US Bank, the exact amount you sent and the answer to a test question (if you provided one). Your recipient will also need to show photo ID before they can collect the funds.
Can I cancel or adjust a Western Union transfer?
Yes, but only if the funds haven’t already been collected. Call Western Union customer support to cancel your transfer or make any changes.