Enjoy quick and easy funds transfers to just about anywhere in the world when you send money overseas with US Bank
If you need to send money to friends or family overseas, US Bank offers two solutions to help you get your funds where they need to be, with minimum fuss. The first option is an online funds transfer via electronic payments giant Western Union, allowing you to send a bank deposit or cash for pick up, while the second option is an international wire transfer. Whichever option you choose, US Bank allows you to take advantage of secure transactions and fast processing times.
Who is US Bank?
With 67,000 employees, 18.5 million customers, and $403 billion in total assets at the end of 2014, US Bank is a major player in the US and global banking industry. With its headquarters in Minneapolis, Minnesota, US Bank specializes in four core lines of business:
- Consumer and small business banking
- Wholesale banking and commercial real estate
- Wealth management and securities services
- Payment services
Founded in 1863, US Bank offers a range of financial products and services to customers all over the United States. From checking and saving accounts to credit cards, prepaid cards, mortgages and other loans, it offers multiple solutions for personal and business banking customers.
How can you send money overseas with US Bank?
In order to send money overseas with US Bank you will need to have a checking or savings account with the bank. You can then take advantage of two international money transfer options: online transfers with Western Union or international wire transfers.
The Western Union online transfer service allows you to quickly and easily send funds from your checking or savings account to anywhere in the world. Funds arrive the next day and can either be deposited into your recipient’s bank account or picked up from any US Bank branch or Western Union agent location. These transfers are easy to set up and are completely secure.
If you opt for an international wire transfer from US Bank, funds are sent to your recipient’s bank account and are immediately available for collection. Whether you’re sending funds overseas for business or personal purposes, wire transfers offer fast and convenient transactions.
Pros and cons of using US Bank
- Worldwide transfers. US Bank allows you to send funds just about anywhere in the world, including to more than 500,000 Western Union agent locations around the globe.
- Fast transfers. Depending on the transfer option you choose, your recipient will typically be able to access the funds you send on the same or next day.
- Send from your smartphone. US Bank international money transfers through Western Union can be sent from your computer or mobile device, allowing for convenient transfers whenever you need.
- Fees. You’ll need to be prepared to pay transfer fees whenever you send money overseas with US Bank.
What other products do they offer?
- Canadian checking account services. Draw checks against Canadian receipts without having to leave the comfort of your own office.
- Foreign exchange services. Manage your business’ foreign currency risk with these handy foreign currency tools and resources from US Bank.
- International ACH payments to Europe, Canada and Mexico. Eliminate paper checks and make and receive a wide range of payments quickly and affordably.
- Checking and saving accounts. Manage your everyday finances and save for a secure financial future with US Bank. A wide range of accounts are available for both personal and business customers.
- Credit cards. Browse US Bank’s extensive range of credit cards for a card that suits your needs, regardless of whether you want a card for special purposes or to look after your everyday spending.
- Investments and Wealth Management. US Bank offers comprehensive wealth management services including retirement and financial planning, investment management, trust and fiduciary services, and private banking.
- Mortgage loans. Enjoy flexible features and a range of benefits when you borrow money to buy your next home from US Bank.
- Other loans. US Bank also offers home equity loans, auto loans, boat loans, RV loans and personal lines of credit.
Frequently asked questions
How much money can I send per transfer?
Online transfers allow you to send a maximum of $500 per transaction and $1,000 per month. Limits differ for international wire transfers depending on the type of account you have.
Are there certain eligibility criteria I need to satisfy?
As well as holding a US Bank checking or savings account, you will need to have been a customer of the bank for more than a year and, if you plan to send money from your smartphone, have your cell phone number on file with US Bank.
How can my recipient access the funds I send?
Your recipient can have the funds deposited directly into their bank account or they can pick up the funds from a US Bank branch or any one of more than 500,000 Western Union agent locations around the world.
How much does it cost to send money using the Western Union service?
The fees that apply to each transaction vary depending on the amount you are sending and how quickly you want your funds to arrive. You’ll be able to review all the fees that apply to any transaction before you commit to sending your funds.
What are US Bank's wire transfer fees?
Domestic wire transfers: $20 incoming, $30 outgoing.
International wire transfers: $25 incoming, $50 outgoing.
How can my recipient pick up the money?
Once your transaction has been completed, contact your recipient and let them know the 10-digit tracking number, the exact amout you sent, and the answer to your test question (if you provided one). Your recipient will also need to produce photo ID before they will be able to collect the funds.
Can I cancel or adjust a Western Union transfer?
Yes you can, but only if the funds haven’t already been collected. You’ll need to phone Western Union customer support to cancel your transfer or make any changes.
If you’re looking for a fast and easy way to send money to friends and family overseas, consider the international money transfer options available from US Bank. As always, make sure to compare a range of products on the market before deciding which one is the best match for your financial needs.