Buy and sell your foreign currency or send money to 50 countries with no or low fees.
Need to make an international money transfer? Looking to get your foreign currency before you leave for your overseas trip? Travelex has you covered, and your first transfer is free.
Travelex provides over 50 foreign currencies for travelers in need of purchasing money for their next trip. With thousands of locations in 28 countries, including key airports and tourist destinations, Travelex can take care of your foreign currency exchange needs.
Transferring money abroad with Travelex is fast and simple. Get your first deal fee-free, with low or no fees on any further transfers.
Our Pick: Choose from a range of services with Travelex
Travelex simplifies money matters overseas. Get currency before you go or get money when you're there with a transfer or cash passport.
- Send international money transfers over $500.
- Bring a pre-loaded cash passport with you on your trip.
- Order foreign currencies before your overseas trip. That's one less thing to worry about.
- Sell your leftover foreign currency back to Travelex when you return from your trip.
Explore a variety of international money services
Get your money overseas when you need it with Travelex’s extensive financial services. Choose from bringing currency with you or sending money later. You can even protect yourself during international trips with travel insurance. Rely on Travelex’s customer support anytime you need help with your money. It’s that easy to start spending abroad.
Send money overseas with Travelex’s international money transfer services. With Travelex you can send money to 50 different countries around the world in over 47 currencies.
You’ll need to send at least $500 to take advantage of Travelex’s money transfer service, but you’ll pay just $5 for transactions below $5,000 and nothing on transactions above $5,000.
Travelex money transfers are best for
- Great rates. Your first transfer comes with no fee, and you’ll always get great rates on all transfers.
- Fast online service. Transfers are quick and easy with Travelex.
- Price matching promise. Travelex will beat a better quote so you can get the best deal possible.
How much does a money transfer cost with Travelex?
Travlex offers competitive exchange rates and backs it up with their Price Promise. If you find a better overall price quote offered by another provider, contact Travelex and they will provide a lower price than the comparison quote.
What types of transfers can I make?
- Spot deals. Make an on-the-spot transfer with a great rate.
- Forward contracts. Lock in an exchange rate for a future transaction.
- Limit orders. Travelex will monitor the markets and notify you when a certain rate is met.
- Recurring payments. Schedule regular payments to minimize the risk of overdue payments.
Available currencies and countries
|AED||United Arab Emirates dirham||GBP||pound sterling||SEK||Swedish kroner|
|AUD||Australian dollar||HKD||Hong Kong dollar||SGD||Singapore dollar|
|CAD||Canadian dollar||JPY||Japanese yen||THB||Thailand baht|
|CHF||Swiss franc||MXN||Mexican peso||USD||US dollar|
|DKK||Danish kroner||NOK||Norwegian kroner||ZAR||South African rand|
|EUR||euro||NZD||New Zealand dollar|
|FJD||Fiji dollar||PLN||Polish zloty|
|BHD||Bahraini dinar||LKR||Sri Lankan rupee||SBD||Solomon Island dollar|
|BND||Brunei dollar||MAD||Moroccan dirham||SCR||Seychelles rupee|
|CZK||Czech koruna||MYR||Malaysian ringgit||TOP||Tongan pa’anga|
|HUF||Hungarian forint||OMR||Omani rial||TRY||Turkish lira|
|IDR||Indonesian rupiah||PEN||Peruvian nuevo sol||TWD||Taiwanese dollar|
|ILS||Israeli shekel||PGK||Papua New Guinea kina||VND||Vietnamese dong|
|INR||Indian rupees||PHP||Philippine peso||VUV||Vanuatu vatu|
|KRW||South Korean won||PKR||Pakistan rupee||WST||Samoan talar|
|KWD||Kuwaiti dinar||SAR||Saudi riyal||XPF||CFP franc|
Travelex does not send money to the following countries:
Afghanistan, Belarus, Burma, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, North Korea, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Zimbabwe.
Minimum transfer amounts
For one-time transactions, the minimum transfer amount is $500. However, if you wish to arrange for four or more regularly scheduled transfers, the minimum amount per transfer is $400.
How do I use Travelex for money transfers?
- Register on the site and receive a free rate quote
- Log in and confirm your bank details.
- Review the updated rates and make your selection.
- Send the transfer and go about your business.
Foreign currency exchange
Plan ahead before your next trip overseas and have your foreign currency needs taken care of before you arrive at your destination. Travelex offers more than 50 different currencies.
How it works
Exchange your money online in 3 simple steps:
- Choose your currency. Select the amount and type of currency you need.
- Pay. Make your payment online with a debit or credit card.
- Deliver your money. Pick up your money once you reach your destination or have it delivered to your home.
Other Travelex services
Mastercard Travelex Money Card
With a pre-paid Travelex Money Card, you can load it with up to six different currencies. Enjoy the benefit of no international ATM fee, and rest assured that your funds are secure with a chip and PIN protected card. Travelex’s Money Card can be purchased online or at a Travelex store.
Which currencies are compatible with a Money Card?
- British pound
- Australian dollar
- Japanese yen
- Canadian dollar
- Mexican peso
What is Travelex?
Established in 1976, Travelex is a globally recognized money transfer service that sends money in more than 45 currencies to 50 countries. Through Travelex, you can move cash or schedule regular transfers to bank accounts all over the world with better exchange rates than most banks. Travelex also offers additional services, including foreign currency exchange, pre-paid cards and more.
What do customers say about Travelex?
The majority of reviews on TrustPilot are “excellent,” with customers praising the simple process and decent exchange rates. And Travelex earns an A+ from the Better Business Bureau.
Call Travelex at 877-414-6359 or send an email to Online.Orders.USA@travelex.com. Lines are open 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday to Friday, and 9 a.m.-5 pm. Saturday (EST).
If you change your mind about buying foreign currency or want to cancel your order before you pick the money up, give Travelex a call and you can cancel your Travelex foreign currency purchase.
- There is a AU$25.00 cancellation fee.
- The Visa and Mastercard surcharge is non-refundable.
- Cash advance fees and bank fees are non-refundable.