Transfer money in almost any currency within minutes, with a cash pickup option.
With an easy-to-use website and mobile app, Small World makes it easy to securely send money to loved ones and businesses in more than 80 countries around the world.
Small World’s low fees, flexible options and lightning fast transfer speeds make this service stand out. Downsides to watch out for include limited availability in only 18 states, mostly in the East Coast area, and different fees depending on how you make your transfer.
Choose from a variety of delivery methods
When sending money overseas with Small World, your recipient has many options for delivery, including cash pickup, bank deposit and mobile wallet.
Small World is best for:
- Sending cash. Cash pickup and delivery is an option for some countries.
- Emergency transfers. Send money in minutes to anyone who needs cash fast.
- Exotic currencies. Small World boasts being able to send money in any currency.
- East Coast residents. Small World only operates in certain US states, so make sure you’re in their service area first.
How much does it cost to transfer money with Small World?
Fees depend on the where you’re sending the money and how it’s sent and received. Online transfers are cheaper than bank-to-bank transfers. Similarly, it’s less expensive if recipients receive a deposit in their account than if it’s picked up in cash at a location. Cash transfers are the most expensive option.
Live chat is available online to tell you the exact fees of your transaction, and discounts are available for first-time users.
What types of transfers does Small World provide?
Small World makes it easy to send money internationally through several transfer options.
- Cash pickup. You designate a location for your recipient to pick up with a unique ID.
- Bank account deposits. Quickly send money directly to a loved one’s bank account.
- Mobile wallet. Send money to mobile phones worldwide.
- Mobile top-up. Top up any mobile number worldwide in the currency of your choosing.
- Home delivery. Home delivery is available in some countries and for specific amounts of money.
Small World operates in these US states:
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Caorlina
- Rhode Island
Minimum transfer amounts and available countries
Small World claims that you can send as little or as much as you’d like through its website. However, we recently tested the site and found that we weren’t able to send more than $9,999 to some countries on Small World’s list.
You can send money to more than 80 countries around the world, but Small World is not yet licensed to provide services in all 50 states. That means if you’re not in one of the states it does business in, you’ll have to look for another money transfer specialist.
How do I use Small World?
You can send money through Small World’s website or mobile app, at one of its 11 branches in the US or through its call center. Whether you log on, visit or call, you’ll go through a similar process. And for most transfers, your funds will be available to your recipient within 24 hours, but delivery speeds may vary depending on your recipient’s country and how you’ve paid for the transfer.
What is Small World?
Small World is a global leader in money transfers that boasts more than 52 million transactions worldwide. Its global network allows you to make payments — sometimes received in 15 minutes — to any country in any currency. With more than 200,000 locations around the world, Small World offers a variety of payment options.
Small World business services
Through the aptly named Small World for Businesses, you can pay contractors and suppliers worldwide or move money between your overseas offices quickly with low fees. It also offers businesses access to same-day transactions with exclusive exchange rates.
How does Small World protect my money?
Small World completes most transactions within 24 hours, depending on the destination and transfer method. It’s one of the world’s largest money transfer services, and it’s serious about protecting your money.
- Established. Small World has been in the money transfer business for more than 20 years and has completed over 52 million transactions.
- SSL encryption. Its website is protected to keep your money and information safe from third-party interference.
- Regulated. Small World is in compliance with national financial authorities in every country.
- Verification. Users provide government-issued ID, proof of address and proof of funds before making a transfer.
- Customer service. Get 24/7 support by phone and online chat.
How do I report suspicious activity to Small World?
Small World will never email you to confirm passwords, transaction details or personal information. If you receive an email from someone claiming to be Small World, do not respond. If you’re concerned about a call or email, call 866-210-8002 or start a live chat with customer service on Small World’s site.
What do customers say about Small World?
Small World gets good reviews on TrustPilot, with a TrustScore of 7.9 out of 10. Customers praise its quick delivery and its “high level of service.”
If you need help with a transfer, you can initiate a chat online or call 866-210-8002.