Take advantage of multiple sending and receiving options and enjoy a better exchange rate when you send money to India with Remit2India
Remit2India is a dedicated international money transfer company that specializes in sending funds from the United States to India. Providing simple and secure transfers, Remit2India charges relatively low transaction fees. It also offers competitive exchange rates, and you get a better rate when you send a larger amount of money.
Who is Remit2India?
Operating for 13 years, Remit2India specializes in handling international money transfers to India. Remit2India allows you to send money to India in 10 different currencies, from 24 countries around the world. Whether you send your funds via the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network, wire transfer, online transfer or check transfer, Remit2India ensures that your funds arrive in India as quickly as possible. Powered by TimesofMoney, which is owned by the Times Group, Remit2India is headquartered in Mumbai. Its money transfer service is backed by 24/7 customer support if you need assistance with a transfer.
How can you send money overseas with Remit2India?
Before sending money overseas with Remit2India you will need to register for an account. To do this, you will need to visit the Remit2India website and provide:
- Your name
- Your date of birth
- Your phone number
- Your email address
- ACH transfers. These transfers are sent online through the ACH network and offer a secure and reliable transfer method. The funds will be available for your recipient within six business days.
- Wire transfers. Wire transfers allow you to send your funds from your existing bank account and funds can be ready for your recipient within one business day.
- Check transfers. Remit2India can convert checks into Indian Rupees and ensure that your funds arrive to your recipient as quickly as possible.
Once you’ve lodged a transfer, you will receive a Remittance Transaction Reference Number (RTRN) that you can use to monitor the progress of your funds. You can easily track the status of your transaction online through each step of the transfer process: money awaited, money in clearing, money dispatched, money delivered, and dead letter. Upon completion of the transfer, the funds you send will be deposited into your recipient’s local bank account.
Pros and cons of using Remit2India
- Specialist service. Unlike other companies that offer money transfers all around the world, Remit2India focuses on sending funds to India.
- Access to India. Remit2India allows you to send funds to India from the United States and 23 other countries around the world.
- Transfer options. Remit2India offers multiple transfer options — wire transfers, ACH transfers, and check transfers to suit your specific financial needs.
- No transfers elsewhere. While Remit2India focuses on transfers to India, this could be a drawback if you find that you need to send funds to another country. You will need to register for an account with another money transfer provider in order to do this.
What other products does Remit2India offer?
None. Remit2India concentrates solely on helping its customers send money to India.
Frequently asked questions about Remit2India
From which countries can I send money to India using this service?
- The United Kingdom
- Hong Kong
- the Netherlands
- New Zealand
- The United Arab Emirates.
In what currencies can I transfer funds to India?
- US Dollar
- Singapore Dollar
- Australian Dollar
- Canadian Dollar
- Great British Pound
- Japanese Yen
- UAE Dirham
- New Zealand Dollar
- Hong Kong Dollar
Remit2India has plans to extend its services to more Asian and Middle Eastern currencies soon.
Is there a limit to the number of people to which I can send money through Remit2India?
Will I or will my recipient need to open a special bank account in order to send or receive funds?
What fees apply to transfers?
- Transfers of $50-$500: $3 fee
- Transfers of $501-$1,000: $5 fee
- Transfers of $1,001-$10,000: $9 fee
- Transfers of $10,001-$25,000: $15 fee
- Transfers of $25,001-$50,000: $20 fee
- Transfers of $50,001 and above: $25 fee