Enjoy multiple sending and receiving options and a stronger exchange rate when you send money to India.
Remit2India is a dedicated international money transfer company that specializes in sending funds from the US to India.
For simple, secure transfers, Remit2India charges relatively low transaction fees. It also offers competitive exchange rates — and a better rate when you send larger amounts.
How does Remit2India compare to other services?
Use our comparison calculator to assess transfer fees, exchange rates and other details for sending funds to India with our money transfer partners.
Save money on your personal or business international money transfer today. Fill in the form and you’ll be contacted by a foreign exchange expert to have an obligation-free discussion about your options.
With over 17 years of foreign exchange expertise and over $100 billion transferred, OFX can help with all your currency exchange needs, including:
- Buying property abroad
- Regular overseas payments
- Risk management
- If the provider quotes a different rate to the one above please let us know
How can I send money overseas with Remit2India?
Before you can send money with Remit2India, you’ll need to register for an account:
- Visit the Remit2India website.
- Provide your name, contact information and date of birth.
- Link your Remit2India account with your US bank account.
Remit2India offers the following options to send money to India from the US:
- ACH transfers. These secure, reliable transfers are sent online through the ACH network, with your funds delivered to your recipient within six business days.
- Wire transfers. Send your funds from an existing bank account for delivery to your recipient’s account within one business day.
- Check transfers. Remit2India can convert checks into Indian rupees and ensure that your funds arrive to your recipient as quickly as possible.
Once you’ve successfully initiated a transfer, you’ll receive a Remittance Transaction Reference Number (RTRN) that you can use to monitor the progress of your funds. Easily track the status of your transaction online through each step, from send to receipt.
The Automated Clearing House (ACH) is a network that moves money and information between bank accounts through direct deposits and payments. It processes more than $40 trillion each year and supports more than 90 percent of all electronic payments in the United States.
Pros and cons of using Remit2India
- Specialist service. Unlike other companies that transfer money around the world, Remit2India focuses on sending funds to India.
- Access to India. Remit2India allows you to send funds to India from the US and 23 other countries worldwide.
- Transfer options. Including wire transfers, ACH transfers and check transfers to suit your specific financial needs.
- No transfers elsewhere. To send funds to another country, you’ll need to use another service.
What other products does Remit2India offer?
None. Remit2India concentrates solely on helping its customers send money to India.
Who is Remit2India?
Remit2India specializes in money transfers to India in 10 different currencies from 24 countries around the world. Whether you send your money by ACH, wire transfer or check, Remit2India strives for quick delivery to friends, family and businesses in India. Powered by TimesofMoney, which is owned by the Times Group, and headquartered in Mumbai, its service is backed by 24/7 customer support.
If you need to send money to India, Remit2India can get it there quickly and securely.
But be sure to weigh the pros and cons of other independent money transfer specialist to find the best for your needs.
Frequently asked questions
From what countries can I send money with Remit2India?
In what currencies can I transfer funds to India?
- US dollar
- Singapore dollar
- Australian dollar
- Canadian dollar
- Great British pound
- Japanese yen
- UAE dirham
- New Zealand dollar
- Hong Kong dollar
Remit2India plans to extend its services to more Asian and Middle Eastern currencies soon.
Is there a limit to the number of people I can send money to through Remit2India?
Will I need to open a special bank account to send or receive funds?
What fees apply to transfers?
- $50 to $500: $3 transfer fee
- $501 to $1,000: $5 transfer fee
- $1,001 to $10,000: $9 transfer fee
- $10,001 to $25,000: $15 transfer fee
- $25,001 to $50,000: $20 transfer fee
- $50,001 or more: $25 transfer fee