Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Payoneer international payments
For businesses that make payments overseas or freelancers doing business abroad
Payoneer is an online payment platform that allows you to quickly and safely transfer money to more than 200 countries in more than 150+ currencies.
With Payoneer, you have the flexibility of receiving or making worldwide payments using your Payoneer account and the Payoneer Prepaid Mastercard. Load this Mastercard with funds from clients you’ve billed through Payoneer, using it like a credit card, or transfer these funds directly to your bank account. But be aware of the many associated fees of using the Payoneeer Mastercard.
Payoneer doesn’t charge for user accounts. Instead, it makes money when customers withdraw funds from their Payoneer account.
While some users consider the service’s limitations of sending funds a deal-breaker, those who frequently receive payments from foreign currencies may enjoy Payoneer’s safe and convenient system.
Send money internationally with Payoneer
Ideal for worldwide business payments to more than 200 countries and 150 currencies.
- Payments to and from 200+ countries
- Make payments to any Payoneer user
- Free to sign up
What's in this guide?
- Pay and get paid with Payoneer
- Payoneer is best for:
- How much does it cost to use Payoneer?
- What types of services does Payoneer offer?
- Available currencies and countries
- Minimum and maximum transfer limits
- How does Payoneer work?
- What is Payoneer?
- What do customers say?
- Compare Payoneer to the competition
- Frequently asked questions
Pay and get paid with Payoneer
With Payoneer, freelancers can bill their clients and accept payments in many currencies, while businesses can pay overseas suppliers or send mass payments to contract workers. Also, Payoneer offers extensive hours for customer support by phone from a multi-lingual customer care team. Additionally, you can contact support through live chat or message.
Payoneer is best for:
- Marketplaces and business owners. Often used to pay their contractors, both domestically and overseas.
- Contractors and freelancers. When working with overseas clients it is possible to receive payments through Payoneer.
- Large international payments. Send or receive payments from 200+ countries.
- Transfers within Payoneer’s network. It’s free to send and receive money through Make a Payment, and you’ll only pay fees when withdrawing or exchanging.
How much does it cost to use Payoneer?
Opening an account with Payoneer is free, and making payments through Payoneer’s Make a Payment service is free for transfers in USD, EUR, GBP and JPY. Getting paid directly from your customers does incur a fee: 3% for credit card payments and 1% for eChecks. Withdrawing funds from your Payoneer account also comes with a fee. Withdrawing money from your Payoneer account to a bank account in a different currency will cost you up to 2% of the amount you’re withdrawing. If you’re moving money into your bank account in the same currency you’ll pay $1.50 for the transaction.
What types of services does Payoneer offer?
- Receive payments. Send a payment request and get paid in your Payoneer account. You can withdraw your funds at an ATM or transfer them directly to your bank account, both of which come with a fee.
- Make payments. Send and receive payments between Payoneer accounts free of charge.
- Send mass payments. Make mass payments to your freelancers.
- Automated payments. Set up automated payments so you don’t have to worry about forgetting them in the future.
- Escrow payments. Make secure B2B transactions with Payoneer’s escrow payment system.
Available currencies and countries
Payoneer supports transactions in more than 200 countries and supports more than 150 different currencies.
Minimum and maximum transfer limits
For the Billing Service, transfer limits vary by payment type. For Make a Payment, Payoneer may set different limits for your account based on earnings or other criteria.
|Credit card payments||$20||$2,000|
|Local bank transfers||$20||No limit|
|Make a Payment||$50||$25,000 daily limit with a $50,000 limit every 30 days|
When using Payoneer’s Global Payment Service, there are no limits on receiving money, except in India. Customers in India are limited to $10,000 per transaction.
How does Payoneer work?
The first step is signing up for a free Payoneer account. Once you’ve registered and verified your account you can start sending and receiving payments. When you’re ready to withdraw the funds from your Payoneer account, you can transfer them to your personal bank account or withdraw the money at an ATM.
What is Payoneer?
Founded in 2005, Payoneer is a money transferring system partnered with Mastercard Incorporated and other companies that employ freelancers, making it a popular choice for small to medium-size businesses that regularly pay contractors. The service is used by 3 million users in more than 200 countries.
What do customers say?
Payoneer has been accredited with the Better Business Bureau since 2008 and gets an B+ rating from the organization. When we first reviewed this product in 2018, its TrustScore with TrustPilot was a very low 1.7 out of 10. Many reviewers complained about the poor customer support, and some even claimed their accounts were frozen and they were unable to withdraw their funds.
Trustpilot now rates Payoneer at 4.5 out of 5 stars, with over 15,000 reviews — the majority of which, over 9,000, were written in 2019.
Customer service options include online messaging, live chat and telephone. You can reach Payoneer’s customer service at 800-251-2521 from Sunday at 8pm to Friday at 8pm EST.
Compare Payoneer to the competition
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert