Transfer funds around the globe quickly and easily with HSBC
We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.When you need to send funds overseas, you want a fast, convenient and safe way to get your money where it needs to go.
With HSBC’s Global Transfers you can seamlessly transfer funds between your eligible HSBC deposit accounts with no transfer fee. Or you can use HSBC’s Wire Transfers option to make an international wire transfer to someone else’s bank account, but for a fee. Wire transfers are a way to easily and quickly send money to people, businesses and banks worldwide.
No matter which option you choose, you’ll need to first have a bank account with HSBC.
HSBC international transfers are best for:
- HSBC customers. It’s easy to transfer money with HSBC, but you’ll need to have a bank account with the financial institution.
- Bank-to-bank transfers. You can only send money to another bank account. Cash pickup is not available. And you can only pay for your transfer with your HSBC bank account.
How much does it cost to transfer money with HSBC?
Moving money between your own HSBC accounts is free, but sending a wire transfer to another person, business or financial institution in the US or internationally comes with a fee.
What types of transfers can I make with HSBC?
- Wire Transfers. Send money from your HSBC deposit accounts to other people, businesses and financial institutions around the world. Initiate a transfer through your online account, completing an online transfer request form with your recipient’s name, address and bank account number. You’ll also need to supply your recipient bank’s routing number or SWIFT code.
- Global Transfers. HSBC Premier and Advance account holders can use HSBC’s Global Transfers, which allows you to send up to $200,000 per transaction per day between your eligible HSBC deposit account (except CDs and online payment accounts) and your HSBC accounts throughout the world. No fees are attached to these transfers, and you can initiate them by logging on to your personal internet banking account.
Whichever option you choose, HSBC transfers the funds to your recipient’s account as soon as possible. Wire transfer requests received by 4:15 pm EST are processed on the same day, while transfers requested after 4:15 pm EST are processed the next business day.
How do I make an international transfer with HSBC?
If you are an HSBC Personal Internet Banking customer, you can initiate a wire transfer by following these steps:
- Log on to your HSBC Personal Internet Banking account.
- Select the My HSBC tab and click on Pay or transfer under the Move Money section.
- Select the account that you wish to make a payment from, then click the New Payee tab.
- Click the Wire transfer tab and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the wire transfer request.
What is HSBC?
Established in London by the Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation in 1991, HSBC Holdings is a multinational financial services provider with roots dating back to the 1860s. The third-largest bank in the world in terms of assets, HSBC has operations across 80 countries and territories around the world.
HSBC Bank USA services more than 2.4 million customers across the US, from retail and commercial banking to wealth management, asset management and more. HSBC Bank USA has more than 230 branches throughout the US.
What do customers say about HSBC?
Online customer reviews for HSBC are a mixed bag. One TrustPilot reviewer rates HSBC “quite highly,” while another review notes that “this is surely the worst bank in the world.”
If you need to get in touch with HSBC you can chat with a representative online, call 800-975-4722, tweet
See how other services compare to HSBC
Use our comparison calculator to assess the transfer fees, exchange rates and other details for HSBC against our money transfer partners when sending cash overseas.
What other products does HSBC offer?
- Checking and saving accounts. Manage your ongoing financial needs, from basic accounts with essential features right through to high-end accounts that help you get more out of your money.
- Credit and debit cards. Whether you’re looking for a platinum-level rewards card or a basic card for emergency purchases, you’ll find a card with HSBC.
- International banking solutions. From international mortgages to helping those who are relocating overseas, HSBC Bank USA offers a wide range of international banking services.
- Mortgages and home equity loans. Own your next home sooner or take advantage of the equity in your current property with a range of flexible mortgage solutions.
- Investment products. Invest in mutual funds, fixed-income products, ETFs, equities and more with help from HSBC.
- Insurance. HSBC Bank USA offers life insurance, long-term-care coverage and disability insurance.