Both individuals and businesses can save time and money when sending an international money transfer with HiFX.
Each year HiFX helps more than 100,000 people and 6,000 businesses transfer money around the world, and they do so quickly, easily, securely and with great exchange rates. HiFX is not only dedicated to saving you money: It takes pride in being large enough to handle large transactions, yet small enough to care about individual clients.
HiFX is currently offering new customers one free transfer when signing up. Standard fees apply thereafter for transactions that fall below its fee thresholds.
With HiFX, you pay only $10 for money transfers of up to $5,000 and no fees on transfers of $5,000 or more.
HiFX offers the ability to convert funds into over 20 currencies and transfer them internationally at the touch of a button — and it does so with low fees and competitive rates.
One-off transfers only. Unlike other providers that offer limit orders and forward contracts, HiFX helps you make one-time transfers — but at some of the best rates around and with stellar customer service. If you need to set up recurring payments, you might need to compare the services of another provider.
Fair and transparent fees. HiFX’s rates are clear throughout your entire transaction: Pay a simple flat $5 fee for transactions of up to $5,000 and nothing for higher amounts.
Fast and easy. Make transfers online 24/7.
Peace of mind. HiFX’s parent company, Euronet, does business with some of the world’s largest tech companies, including Apple, Google and Amazon.
Customer service. HiFX is proud of its excellent customer service and provides the tools and answers you need to make a successful transaction.
Online international payments
HiFX offers businesses bank-beating online international payments. It understands that you need a service that’s simple to use but rich with features. With HiFX international payments, your business benefits from:
- Immediate access to highly competitive exchange rates updated in real-time.
- Flexible user-access rights.
- No setup or maintenance fees.
- Tracked international payments 24/7.
- Personal customer support.
- Rate alerts by email.
- Beneficiary notifications.
- Detailed charting to stay up to date with the latest exchange rates.
Global payments solutions
HiFX also offers businesses global payments solutions. If your business conducts large volumes of international payments and has more complex needs, HiFX provides solutions that allow you to conduct your business on a global scale. With HiFX, your business benefits from:
- Simple file upload online or via an SFTP.
- Automated payment verification and validation.
- Availability as a standalone platform, managed service or fully integrated API.
- Complete activity log for detailed auditing.
- Consolidation of multiple currency files.
- Payment delivery on specific target dates.
- Simplification and streamlining of your global payments process.
- Improvement in the accuracy and speed of your payments.
Compare HiFX to other providers
|Compare HiFX to…||See Comparison|
|MoneyGram vs. HiFX|
|HiFX vs. TransferWise|
How much does it cost?
HiFX believes in fairness and transparency in its pricing. When you send money through HiFX, it clearly displays its exchange rates throughout your transaction.
- No fees for transactions of $5,000 or more.
- A simple $5 fee for transactions of up to $5,000.
What are HiFX’s exchange rates?
HiFX has much lower overhead than banks because it purchases currency in bulk, passing on the savings to you. Your exact exchange rate that HiFX charges depends on:
- The amount you’re transferring.
- The currency you’re transferring.
- The exchange rates at the time of your transfer.
How does it work?
Send money with HiFX in three simple steps:
- Sign up. Sign up for a free business or personal account.
- Get a quote. Check HiFX’s rates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Send. Send money worldwide with a great exchange rate.
HiFX offers a range of currencies that include:
- You must pay HiFX by bank transfer. It does not accept cash or credit or debit cards for payment.
- Once you’ve set up your account, make transfers online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The minimum transfer amount is $50.
- You must exchange currencies — HiFX does not transfer USD to USD.
- HiFX cannot send USD to overseas accounts.
What are the pros and cons of using HiFX?
- Safe and secure. Licensed as a money transmitter business, HiFX’s transactions are sent using Norton online security technology.
- Trusted company. HiFX is part of Euronet Worldwide, the third-largest money transfer provider in the world. In 2013 alone, Euronet processed more than $60 billion in payments for many of the world’s leading companies.
- Minimal fees. Sending less than $5,000 with HiFX attracts a $5 fee, while transfers of $5,000 or more are free.
- Large transfers allowed. HiFX allows transfers of up to $500,000.
- Low minimum. Transfer as little as $50 with HiFX.
- Exchange rates not readily available. If you want to compare HiFX’s exchange rates with the rates offered by other companies, you’ll need to sign up for an account.
- Bank-to-bank transfers only. HiFX does not accept cash, debit card or credit card as payment. Neither can your recipient pick up your funds as cash.
- No same-currency transfers. Your transfer must involve an exchange of currency.
Frequently asked questions
How do I pay HiFX for a transfer?
You will need to pay HiFX by bank transfer from a bank account in your name.
What is the minimum transfer amount?
The minimum amount you can send overseas with HiFX is $50.
How does HiFX make money if it charges minimal fees?
While $5 fees apply to transfers of less than $5,000, the main way HiFX makes money is on the spread, which is the difference between the prices at which it buys and sells currency. Because it deals in large volumes and has lower overheads than the banks, HiFX can offer better exchange rates to its customers than you would find from your bank.
How do I know if HiFX has sent my payment?
The company provides email and SMS notifications as soon as it has made a payment. You can also track the progress of your transaction through your HiFX account.
Can I cancel a transaction?
Once you have confirmed an exchange rate you are unable to cancel your transaction or change any details.