Send money online with great exchange rates and no fees.
HiFX is no longer available through finder.com. Instead, a great alternative we recommend is XE Money Transfer. You can expect a similar experience sending money with XE as most details of the service, such as fees and currencies, are the same as HiFX.
Read our full review of XE Money Transfer or click the Go To Site button on this page to be taken directly to its website.
Each year HiFX helps more than 100,000 people and 6,000 businesses transfer money around the world. With HiFX, your international transfer is handled quickly, easily, securely and with great exchange rates.
HiFX is not only dedicated to saving you money, this exchange service company also takes pride in being large enough to handle large transactions yet small enough to care about individual clients. Transfer $50 to $500,000 from the US to over 170 countries quickly and easily online, whether you need to make a personal transfer or business payment.
Our pick: XE Money Transfer
XE specializes in a wide range of foreign currency solutions and offers an affordable solution when you need to send money overseas.
- Send money to 170+ countries.
- Competitive exchange rates that are often better than banks.
- Transfer up to $500,000 online.
- See exchange rates in real-time.
HiFX offers a cost-effective way to securely transfer money overseas. Simply sign up for an account, tell HiFX what services you need, send your transfer and track the money until it reaches your recipient.
Whether you’re a business that needs to make payments around the globe, or an individual who wants to send money back home, HiFX can take care of your needs.
HiFX is best for:
- Bank-to-bank transfers. You can’t send or receive transfers with cash or credit.
- Sending large amounts. Exchange up to $500,000.
- Transfers to popular countries. HiFX transfers in over 120 currencies so you can transfer money to over 170 countries.
How much does HiFX cost?
HiFX charges absolutely no transfer fees, so you’ll always know exactly how much you’re paying. However, charges may occasionally be applied by a third party bank when transferring the funds to HiFX or before the funds arrive in the recipient account.
What are HiFX’s exchange rates?
HiFX offers great exchange rates because it purchases currency in bulk, passing on the savings to you. Your exact exchange rate that HiFX charges depends on:
- The amount you’re transferring.
- The currency you’re transferring.
- The exchange rates at the time of your transfer.
What types of transfers can I make?
You are limited to bank-to-bank transfers only with HiFX.
HiFX offers the following currencies:
- Australian dollar (AUD)
- Bahrain dinar (BHD)
- Bulgarian lev (BGN)
- Chinese yuan (CNY)
- Canadian dollar (CAD)
- Polish zloty (PLN)
- United States dollar (USD)
- Euro (EUR)
- Great British pound (GBP)
- Hong Kong dollar (HKD)
- Papua New Guinean kina
- Singapore dollar (SGD)
- Danish krone (DKK)
- Tunisian dinar (TND)
- Czech koruna (CZK)
- Israeli shekel (ILS)
- Japanese yen (JPY)
- Thai baht (THB)
- Vanuatu vatu (VUV)
- Indian rupee (INR)
- New Zealand dollar (NZD)
- Philippine peso (PHP)
- Romanian leu (RON)
- Solomon Islands dollar (SBD)
- Saudi riyal (SAR)
- Swedish krona (SEK)
- United Arab Emirates dirham (AED)
- Central Pacific franc (XPF)
- Fiji dollar (FJD)
- Hungarian forint (HUF)
- Mexican peso (MXN)
- Norwegian krone (NOK)
- Samoan tālā (WST)
- Kuwaiti dinar (KWD)
- Romanian leu (RON)
- South African rand (ZAR)
- Swiss franc (CHF)
- Turkish lira (TRY)
What are the fees and transfer limits?
HiFX charges absolutely no fees. It’s free to open an account and there are no monthly charges.
Exchange from $100 to $500,000 anywhere you have internet access.
What is HiFX?
HiFX has offered affordable international money transfer services since 1998. Founded out of frustration at the poor value for money on offer from big banks, HiFX is part of Euronet Worldwide, which also owns Ria Money Transfer. Every year, more than 100,000 people and 6,000 businesses use HiFX to send funds overseas.
- Australia Business Awards in 2011
- Tech Innovation Awards New Zealand in 2011
What do customers say about HiFX?
HiFX is known the world over for excellent customer support, with stellar 5-star reviews on Trustpilot attesting to quality service.
How do I contact customer support?
HiFX’s general customer support is available at 1-844-832-1367 from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. PT or by email at email@example.com. Its online support center is available at any time.
How does HiFX protect my money?
HiFX is serious about protecting your money and personal information when wiring it outside of the US. It complies with the US Treasury’s Office of Foreign Asset Control and other legal requirements and has a long history of successful transfers to put your mind at ease.
- Trusted. HiFX transfers nearly $75 billion annually, working with such tech leaders as Google and Apple.
- Secure Socket Layer encryption. It uses VeriSign technology and the same SSL packets used by the largest banks in the world.
- Accountability. HiFX is owned by Euronext Worldwide, a publicly traded company listed on NASDAQ.
- 24/7 customer service. Friendly help is available toll-free around the clock.
- Experience. Founded in 1998, HiFX has transferred funds to 194 countries.
How do I report suspicious activity to HiFX?
HiFX will never email you to confirm passwords, transaction details or personal information. If you are the recipient of an email from someone claiming to be HiFX, do not respond. If you’re wary about an email or phone call, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-844-832-1367.
Compare HiFX to the competition
|Compare HiFX to…|
|MoneyGram vs. HiFX|
|HiFX vs. TransferWise|
|HiFX vs. Ria|