GMT is not available in the United States. Click here to compare similar services.
Based in Harris Park in Sydney’s west, GMT Money Transfer supports more than 45 currencies including the US Dollar, Philippine Peso, Thailand Baht, Indian Rupee and Pakistan Rupee. Zero commission is charged on online transfers if you satisfy minimum transfer limits, while funds sent for cash pickup can be made available to your recipient in as little as 10 minutes.
GMT offers competitive exchange rates and is fully regulated by Austrac.
See how other services compare to GMT
Save money on your personal or business international money transfer today. Fill in the form and you’ll be contacted by a foreign exchange expert to have an obligation-free discussion about your options.
With over 17 years of foreign exchange expertise and over $100 billion transferred, OFX can help with all your currency exchange needs, including:
- Buying property abroad
- Regular overseas payments
- Risk management
- If the provider quotes a different rate to the one above please let us know
What do GMT Money Transfer exchange rates compare?
GMT Money Transfer regularly updates its exchange rates throughout the day to reflect changing market conditions. By cutting out the middleman in foreign exchange transactions and using modern technology during the transfer process, GMT claims it is able to save on operating costs and therefore, pass those savings on to its customers.
How much does it cost to transfer money with GMT Money Transfer?
The fees that apply to your GMT Money Transfer transaction will vary depending on where you are sending your money, how much money you send and the transfer method you select. For example, the following fees apply to transfers to India:
- Transfer amounts of $0 to $2,499 attract a $5 fee
- Transfer amounts of $2,500 or above to not attract any transfer fees
Transfers to Pakistan, meanwhile, do not attract any fees but transfers to the Philippines will attract a fee of either $5 (if you send up to $500) or $10 (when you send $501 or above). A flat transfer fee of $10 applies when you send funds to Bangladesh, Nepal or Sri Lanka, while other charges may be imposed by overseas banks or if you amend a transaction.Back to top
What’s the minimum transfer amount and available countries?
There is no specified minimum transfer limit listed on the GMT Money Transfer and Exchange website. Transfers of more than $25,000 are allowed if you contact GMT Money Transfer directly.
GMT offers support for the following currencies:
- AED United Arab Emirates dirham
- AUD Australian dollar
- BHD Bahraini dinar
- BDT Bangladeshi taka
- BND Brunei dollar
- BRL Brazilian real
- CAD Canadian dollar
- CHF Swiss franc
- DKK Danish krone
- EGP Egyptian pound
- ETB Ethiopian birr
- EUR Euro
- FJD Fijian dollar
- GBP British pound
- GHC Ghanaian cedi
- GMD Gambian dalasi
- HKD Hong Kong dollar
- IDR Indonesian rupiah
- INR Indian rupee
- JMD Jamaican dollar
- JOD Jordanian dinar
- JPY Japanese yen
- KES Kenyan shilling
- KWD Kuwaiti dinar
- LBP Lebanese pound
- LKR Sri Lankan rupee
- MAD Moroccan dirham
- MRO Mauritanian ouguiya
- MYR Malaysian ringgit
- NOK Norwegian krone
- NPR Nepalese rupee
- NZD New Zealand dollar
- OMR Omani rial
- GNF Guinean franc
What types of transfers can you carry out with GMT Money Transfer?
There are two types of transfers that can be carried out with GMT:
- Bank account deposits. The funds you send will usually arrive in your recipient’s overseas account within 1-2 business days.
- Cash pickup. The funds you send will typically be available for collection from an agent location within 10 minutes.
Transfers can be lodged online through the GMT Money Transfer website. If you ever need assistance with a transfer, GMT offers phone, fax, email and live chat customer support.Back to top
What’s the registration and transfer process?
Before you can send money overseas with GMT Money Transfer you will need to fill out an application form. You can apply through the GMT website or submit your completed application form in person, by email or by fax.
In order to send a transfer you will need to provide:
- Transaction details. This includes the amount you wish to send and the currency you will be sending.
- Sender details. Provide your name, address, contact details, photo ID, occupation and the purpose of your transfer.
- Beneficiary details. Provide the name, address, contact details, occupation and bank account details (if required) of your recipient.
- Payment details. Choose whether you would like to make a bank deposit or for your recipient to receive their funds in cash. GMT has more than 1,000 affiliated offices worldwide.
What are the pros and cons of using a GMT Money Transfer?
- Fee-free. Send more than $2,500 to an Indian bank account and you will not have to pay any transfer.
- Multiple currencies. GMT Money Transfer offers support for more than 45 currencies.
- Customer support. GMT Money Transfer can be contacted via phone, email, fax and live chat if you ever require help with a transaction.
- Fee-free only to India. Fee-free transfers are only available to India – not to other countries.
What other products and services does GMT Money Transfer offer?
GMT Money Transfer concentrates its activities solely on handling international money transfers and foreign exchange services.
Questions asked by users
Is there an app available to lodge transfers?
Yes, the GMT Money Transfer app is available from both the Google Play store and the Apple App Store.
How quick can my funds be delivered if I choose the cash pickup option?
In many cases the funds you send will be available for collection in your destination of choice within 10 minutes.
How long will it take for my funds to be delivered if I send a bank account deposit?
Once GMT receives your cleared funds into its bank account, those funds will usually be delivered to your recipient’s account within 1-2 working days.
How can I view GMT Money Transfer’s current exchange rates?
These rates are available for viewing on the right-hand side of the GMT Money Transfer homepage.
Can I pay for a transfer using credit card or BPAY?
Yes, GMT Money Transfer accepts both of these payment methods.
How much money do I need to send to India in order to avoid paying a transfer fee?
You will need to transfer an amount in excess of $2,500 to an Indian bank account in order to take advantage of the fee-free option.