CurrencyFair’s exchange rates
CurrencyFair utilizes a system where your currency is traded to others who want it. In exchange for this more transparent system CurrencyFair adds a small fee and margin to each transfer, which is still much smaller than what other banks and exchange brokers might charge.
CurrencyFair international money transfers
Cheap, fast, secure international money transfers - up to 90% cheaper than banks. Exchange money on your terms with CurrencyFair.
- Get the best exchange rate for you, or you can choose your own rate
- Send money anywhere in three simple steps
- Low cost money transfer, as simple as you want it to be.
What currencies are available?
CurrencyFair has a large range of currencies available for trade. These include:
Who can use CurrencyFair?
CurrencyFair is available for both businesses and personal clients. CurrencyFair can be helpful to many people, including:
- International students – Living and studying abroad is expensive without having to factor in expensive currency exchange fees and poor rates.
- Property owners – Owning an overseas property means you have to make regular repayments. CurrencyFair can save you money over the course of your home loan. Considering most home loans are paid out over 20 – 30 years this can mean rather large savings.
- Retired expat – If you’re retired and living overseas it’s wise to seek cheap currency conversion so you better preserve your retirement funds.
- Overseas workers – If you work overseas and regularly send money back to your family a service like CurrencyFair can save you plenty in fees over the duration of your time abroad.
How do I use CurrencyFair?
To use CurrencyFair you’ll need to open an account. This is free and takes five minutes to do. Once your account is open you can exchange currencies.
You’ll then have to send your funds to the client account. Next, you convert your funds into your chosen currency, and then you give CurrencyFair the account details to receive your funds.
CurrencyFair has short processing times. When transferring US dollars to euros, it will take 1 – 2 business days for CurrencyFair to receive your funds and another 1 – 2 business days to exchange and transfer out the funds. This type of transaction would come with a EUR 3 fee.
Compare CurrencyFair to other providers
|Compare CurrencyFair to…||See Comparison|
|TransferWise vs. CurrencyFair|
|Western Union vs. CurrencyFair|
|MoneyGram vs. CurrencyFair|
Real questions from our users
Is CurrencyFair Safe?
CurrencyFair is a fully regulated Payment Services Provider. They ensure your funds are held with top shelf global institutions which are separate from their own bank accounts.
Will I need to identify myself?
If CurrencyFair can’t verify your identity online you’ll need to send in some identification documents which they’ll verify manually. In most cases, CurrencyFair will you to supply at least one of the following:
- Driver’s license
- Identity card
You’ll also need to supply some identification for your address:
- Bank statement
- Credit card statement
- Utility bills
- Insurance notices
Is there a minimum or maximum transfer amount?
You must exchange a minimum of 8 EUR (or the equivalent in your currency).
Are there ongoing fees when using CurrencyFair?
There are no ongoing fees with a CurrencyFair account.