Send your money now or wait for a better exchange rate
CurrencyFair is a peer-to-peer currency exchange service that offers a cheaper alternative to exchanging currencies at a bank or other similar provider. CurrencyFair estimates you can save up to 90% on an international money transfer because of its unique peer-to-peer model without the high fees.
With CurrencyFair you can make an immediate transfer at the available exchange rate, or specify your desired exchange rate and wait to be matched with another CurrencyFair customer looking to exchange your desired currency.
Compare personal vs. business money transfers
Our pick: CurrencyFair international money transfers
3 free transfers
Your next three transfers with CurrencyFair are free after you sign up using finder.com and make your first transfer.
Exchange money on your terms with CurrencyFair. Fast, secure international money transfers are up to 90% cheaper than banks.
- Get the best exchange rate for you or choose your own rate.
- Send money anywhere in three simple steps.
- Low cost money transfer as simple as you want it to be.
CurrencyFair is best for:
- International students. Living and studying abroad is expensive without having to factor in expensive currency exchange fees and poor rates.
- Property owners. Owning an overseas property means you have to make regular payments. CurrencyFair can save you money over the course of your home loan. Considering most home loans are paid out over 30 years, this can mean rather large savings.
- Retired expats. If you’re retired and living overseas it’s wise to seek cheap currency conversion so you better preserve your retirement funds.
- Overseas workers. If you work overseas and regularly send money back to your family, a service like CurrencyFair can save you plenty in fees over the duration of your time abroad.
- Non-emergency transfers. Depending on where you are transferring the money, it can take up to seven business days.
- Business solutions. Pay overseas salaries, receive international payments and transfer money between banks.
Which currencies and countries are available?
CurrencyFair has a large range of currencies available for trade. These include:
- Australian dollars
- UAE dirham
- Canadian dollars
- Swiss franc
- Czech koruna
- Danish krone
- Pound sterling
- Israeli shekel
- Singapore dollar
- Hong Kong dollar
- Hungarian forint
- Norwegian krone
- New Zealand dollar
- Polish zloty
- Swedish krona
- United States dollar
- South African rand
With CurrencyFair, you can send funds in one of the above currencies to the following countries:
|American Samoa||Andorra||Anguilla||Antigua and Barbuda|
|Brazil||Brunei Darussalam||Bulgaria||Burkina Faso|
|Cameroon||Canada||Cape Verde||Cayman Islands|
|Cook Islands||Costa Rica||Cote D’Ivoire||Croatia|
|Faroe Islands||Finland||France||French Guiana|
|Guernsey||Holy See||Honduras||Hong Kong|
|Isle of Man||Israel||Italy||Jamaica|
|New Caledonia||New Zealand||Niger||Niue|
|Norway||Oman||Palau||Papua New Guinea|
|Romania||Rwanda||Saint Barthelemy||Saint Helena|
|Saint Kitts and Nevis||Saint Lucia||Saint Martin (FR)||Saint Pierre and Miquelon|
|Saint Vincent and The Grenadines||Samoa||San Marino||Sao Tome and Principe|
|Sint Maarten (NL)||Slovakia||Slovenia||Solomon Islands|
|South Africa||South Korea||Spain||Sri Lanka|
|Svalbard and Jan Mayen||Swaziland||Sweden||Switzerland|
|Tokelau||Tonga||Trinidad and Tobago||Turks and Caicos|
|Tuvalu||United Arab Emirates||United Kingdom||United States|
|Uruguay||Uzbekistan||Vietnam||Virgin Islands (US)|
|Wallis and Futuna||Zambia|
What is CurrencyFair?
CurrencyFair is a peer-to-peer currency exchange service headquartered in Ireland, with offices in Australia and the UK. Some of the provider’s most recent accolades include being named as one of Irish Tech News’ Top 20 Fintech Companies and being singled out as one of the fintech startups in Europe to watch in 2018.
What do customers say about CurrencyFair?
CurrencyFair has a TrustScore of 9.2 out 10 at TrustPilot, with an overwhelming majority of the reviews falling into the “excellent” category.
You can contact CurrencyFair with any questions by filling out an online contact form on its website.