CurrencyFair’s exchange rates
What currencies are available?
CurrencyFair has a large range of currencies available for trade. These include:
See how other services compare to CurrencyFair
Save money on your personal or business international money transfer today. Fill in the form and you’ll be contacted by a foreign exchange expert to have an obligation-free discussion about your options.
With over 17 years of foreign exchange expertise and over $100 billion transferred, OFX can help with all your currency exchange needs, including:
- Buying property abroad
- Regular overseas payments
- Risk management
- If the provider quotes a different rate to the one above please let us know
Who can use CurrencyFair?
CurrencyFair is available for both businesses and personal clients. CurrencyFair can be helpful to many people, including:
- International students – Living and studying abroad is expensive without having to factor in expensive currency exchange fees and poor rates.
- Property owners – Owning an overseas property means you have to make regular repayments. CurrencyFair can save you money over the course of your home loan. Considering most home loans are paid out over 20 – 30 years this can mean rather large savings.
- Retired expat – If you’re retired and living overseas it’s wise to seek cheap currency conversion so you better preserve your retirement funds.
- Overseas workers – If you work overseas and regularly send money back to your family a service like CurrencyFair can save you plenty in fees over the duration of your time abroad.
How do I use CurrencyFair?
To use CurrencyFair you’ll need to open an account. This is free and takes five minutes to do. Once your account is open you can exchange currencies.
You’ll then have to send your funds to the client account. Next, you convert your funds into your chosen currency, and then you give CurrencyFair the account details to receive your funds.
CurrencyFair has short processing times. When transferring US dollars to euros, it will take 1 – 2 business days for CurrencyFair to receive your funds and another 1 – 2 business days to exchange and transfer out the funds. This type of transaction would come with a EUR 3 fee.
Compare CurrencyFair to other providers
|Compare CurrencyFair to…||See Comparison|
|TransferWise vs. CurrencyFair|
|Western Union vs. CurrencyFair|
|MoneyGram vs. CurrencyFair|
Real questions from our users
Is CurrencyFair Safe?
CurrencyFair is a fully regulated Payment Services Provider. They ensure your funds are held with top shelf global institutions which are separate from their own bank accounts.
Will I need to identify myself?
If CurrencyFair can’t verify your identity online you’ll need to send in some identification documents which they’ll verify manually. In most cases, CurrencyFair will you to supply at least one of the following:
- Driver’s license
- Identity card
You’ll also need to supply some identification for your address:
- Bank statement
- Credit card statement
- Utility bills
- Insurance notices
Is there a minimum or maximum transfer amount?
You must exchange a minimum of 8 EUR (or the equivalent in your currency).
Are there ongoing fees when using CurrencyFair?
There are no ongoing fees with a CurrencyFair account.