With competitive rates and fast transfers speeds, Currency Online can get your funds overseas.
This provider does not offer money transfers to clients in the US or Japan and residents of Quebec, Canada. Compare similar services to Currency Online to transfer money internationally.
With spot contracts, you can exchange your dollars into all currencies immediately, whereas forward contracts allow you to lock in rates for up to 15 currencies only.
What currencies does Currency Online offer?
Depending on your contract or account, you’ll have access to both the majors and exotic currencies like:
Depending on what currency you transfer to and how much you transfer, you may be hit with a transaction fee. Currency Online transfers are available 24 hours a day, and it offers a toll-free help desk.
Compare international money transfer services
Save money on your personal or business international money transfer today. Fill in the form and you’ll be contacted by a foreign exchange expert to have an obligation-free discussion about your options.
With over 17 years of foreign exchange expertise and over $100 billion transferred, OFX can help with all your currency exchange needs, including:
- Buying property abroad
- Regular overseas payments
- Risk management
- Open 24/7. Access the best deals at any time.
- No minimum transfer. Unlike other services, you can transfer any amount.
- Save money. Pay low fees and in some cases also avoid fees.
- High no-fee threshold. If you don’t reach the minimum threshold, you’ll pay a fee for transferring money.
Currency Online foreign exchange rates
Currency Online updates its foreign exchange rates every five seconds, so you’ll have the most current information when transferring money. It also offers live charts, commentaries, rate alerts and Twitter updates.
You can set up alerts to stay on top of exchange rate fluctuations.
Why choose Currency online International Money Transfers?
- Real time with real rates. Stay current on accurate and timely exchange rates to make informed decisions.
- Safe and secure. Currency Online follows best practices and guidelines and has years of experience providing a safe service.
- Easy to use. Transferring money online with Currency Online is simple and easy. It’s designed so that you can do it all online, with help when you need it.
How much does it cost to transfer money?
If you’re transferring more than $10,000 AUD, you’ll pay no fees with Currency Online. If you transfer less than $10,000, you may pay a modest fee. Your fee also depends on whether you’re transferring money online or by phone. Confirm directly with Currency Online to see how much it will cost you to transfer your currency and amount.
Minimum transfer amount and available countries
Currency Online does not have a minimum transfer amount. It offers more than 25 currencies for transfer.
However, Currency Online does not offer money transfers to those in the United States and Quebec, Canada. Some Canadian transactions and contracts are restricted entirely. If you’re located outside of the United States and Canada, you can still make payments to and receive payments from the United States and Canada.
Fees and transfer speeds
|Currency||0 Fee threshold||Online fee and Phone based fee||Delivery Time|
|Euro EUR||More than 5,000 = no fee||Less than 5,000 = 7 (online fee)Less than 5,000 = 15 (phone based fee)||1-4 working days|
|Mexican Peso MXN||More than 60,000 = no fee||Less than 60,000 = 250 (both online and phone based fee)||1-4 working days|
|Great British Pound GBP||More than 3,000 = no fee||Less than 3,000 = 5 (online fee)Less than 3,000 = 12 (phone based fee)||1-4 working days|
|New Zealand Dollar NZD||More than 10,000 = no fee||Less than 10,000 = 9 (online fee)Less than 10,000 = 15 (phone based fee)||1-4 working days|
|Japanese Yen JPY||More than 1,000,000 = no fee||Less than 1,000,000 = 800 (online fee)Less than 1,000,000 = 1,500 (phone based fee)||1-4 working days|
What other products and services does Currency online offer?
- Market orders. This tool allows you to select a pre-determined rate that you want to achieve and transact with. Currency Online will monitor this for you and you can place, modify and cancel market orders free of charge.
- Multiple payments. Currency Online allows you to pay multiple recipients within one transaction or from the money held in your account. This leads to a smooth process when paying more than one person or supplier.
- Market information. With Currency Online, you get up-to-date information on the currency market 24-hours a day and you can also opt in for rate alerts.
- Payment services. Through Currency Online, you can settle purchased deliverable currency to beneficiaries. All information on your payments is in real-time and all your information is available for viewing. You can also request payments to beneficiaries, pending you have funds available in your account.
The registration and transfer process
Registering for Currency Online is simple. You can register online directly through the Currency Online website, free of charge and obligation free. You’ll then have to select what type of contract you want. You can take out a spot contract (use for immediate money transfers) or a forward contract (enter into a contract with the current market rate and make payment in the future).
Once you have registered, transferring money online is simple. You can do it all online such as arranging international money transfers, sending a payment or moving foreign currencies.
Frequently asked questions
Why should I use Currency Online rather than my bank?
Currency Online are specialists in online money transfers and transferring money. They have years of experience in this area and can offer you lower rates and fees compared to your current bank.
What type of service do Currency Online offer?
Although Currency Online has a DIY model, there is still customer service available when you need it. There’s a toll-free hotline and online chat available.
What if I’ve never done foreign exchange before?
Currency Online has Customer Relationship Managers on hand to help you through the process. They also offer online training for the website.