With competitive rates and fast transfers speeds, Currency Online can get your funds overseas.
Not available for US customers
This provider does not offer money transfers to clients in the US or Japan. Although Currency Online does allow you to transfer to the US or Japan.
Compare similar services to Currency Online to transfer money internationally.
Currency Online offers international money transfers in a range of currencies. However, depending on the type of contract or account you open, you may have fewer options available for transfers. With spot contracts, you can exchange your dollars into all currencies immediately, whereas forward contracts allow you to lock in rates for up to 15 currencies only.
Currency Online is best for:
- Secure transfers. Currency Online follows best practices and guidelines and has years of experience providing a safe service.
- Easy online transfers. Transferring money online with Currency Online is simple and easy. It’s designed so that you can do it all online, with help when you need it.
How much does Currency Online cost?
Your first transfer with Currency Online is free. The chart below lists the amount you will pay for all other transfers. If you are transferring more than the amount listed in the “Less than” column, there is no transfer fee.
|Currency sent||Less than||Online fee||Phone fee|
|Australian Dollar (AUD)||10,000||12||20|
|Canadian Dollars (CAD)||10,000||12||20|
|Great British Pounds (GBP)||3,000||5||12|
|Japanese Yen (JPY)||1,000,000||800||1500|
|New Zealand Dollars (NZD)||10,000||9||15|
|United States Dollars (USD)||5,000||4||10|
|Swiss Francs (CHF)||10,000||12||20|
|Czech Republic Koruna (CZK)||100,000||215||215|
|Danish Krone (DKK)||50,000||17||25|
|Fijian Dollars (FJD)||15,000||17||25|
|Hong Kong Dollars (HKD)||50,000||50||80|
|Hungarian Forint (HUF)||1,000,000||2520||2520|
|Mexican Peso (MXN)||60,000||250||250|
|Norwegian Krone (NOK)||50,000||17||25|
|Philippine Peso (PHP)||355,000||1000||1000|
|Polish Zloty (PLN)||15,000||35||35|
|Swedish Krona (SEK)||50,000||17||25|
|Singapore Dollars (SGD)||10,000||12||20|
|Thai Baht (THB)||250,000||500||500|
|South African Rand (ZAR)||50,000||70||70|
What types of products and services does Currency online offer?
- Market orders. This tool allows you to select a predetermined rate that you want to achieve and transact with. Currency Online will monitor this for you and you can place, modify and cancel market orders free of charge.
- Multiple payments. Currency Online allows you to pay multiple recipients within one transaction or from the money held in your account. This leads to a smooth process when paying more than one person or supplier.
- Market information. With Currency Online, you get up-to-date information on the currency market 24 hours a day, and you can also opt in for rate alerts.
- Payment services. Through Currency Online, you can settle purchased deliverable currency to beneficiaries. All information on your payments is in real-time and all your information is available for viewing. You can also request payments to beneficiaries, pending you have funds available in your account.
What currencies does Currency Online offer?
Depending on your contract or account, you’ll have access to both common and exotic currencies like:
- Australian dollars
- Canadian dollars
- Czech Republic koruna
- Danish krone
- Fijian dollars
- Great Britain pounds
- Hong Kong dollars
- Hungarian forint
- Japanese yen
- Mexican peso
- New Zealand dollars
- Norwegian krone
- Philippine peso
- Polish zloty
- Singapore dollars
- South African rand
- Swedish krona
- Swiss francs
- Thai baht
Minimum transfer amount and available countries
You can transfer as little as $50 with Currency Online, and there is no maximum amount. However, transfers over $1 million have to be done over the phone, not online.
But keep in mind, Currency Online does not offer money transfers to those in the United States and Quebec, Canada. Some Canadian transactions and contracts are restricted entirely. If you’re located outside of the United States and Canada, you can still make payments to and receive payments from the United States and Canada.
The registration and transfer process
Registering for Currency Online is simple. You can register online directly through the Currency Online website, free of charge and with no obligation to use the service. You’ll then have to select what type of contract you want. You can take out a spot contract (immediate money transfers) or a forward contract (enter into a contract with the current market rate and make payment in the future).
Once you have registered, transferring money online is simple. Enter your recipient’s bank account details and how much you want to transfer. Send Currency Online the funds and they’ll take it from there.
What is Currency Online?
Currency Online was founded in 1986 in New Zealand. Its parent company is HiFX Limited. The company does not offer its services to residents of the US, but it can transfer money to the US.
What do customers say about Currency Online?
Currency Online gets and excellent 9.6 out of 10 TrustScore on TrustPilot, with reviewers praising its fast, efficient service.
If you need to contact Currency Online, you can chat online during business hours, call +64 (0) 9 306 3809, or send an email to email@example.com.