Currencies Direct has been assisting individuals, businesses and online sellers in transferring money overseas for 20 years.
Currencies Direct makes transferring money simple by offering an efficient, hassle-free service, all while saving you money. It treats its customers as partners, understanding what’s important and then helping them tailor the transaction to best suit their needs.
Currencies Direct believes in beating the fees, rates and hidden costs of the big banks when sending money abroad. Offering a simplified process for transferring money overseas since 1996, it boasts years of testimonials that highlight its services.
Currencies Direct International Money Transfers
Want an easy way to monitor exchange rates and get maximum output for monetary conversion? Currencies Direct might be just what you’re looking for.
- No fees for 90% of its transactions.
- Worldwide service.
- Competitive exchange rates.
- Low minimum transfer amount.
- Supports big transactions at a seemingly unlimited max.
When you need to send money overseas, Currencies Direct guarantees to beat the banks, and change your money faster. Exchanging foreign currencies is all they do, and they’re pretty good at it.
Currencies Direct offers the following services:
- Spot contracts. Make a one-time transfer on the spot.
- Recurring payments. Enjoy a hassle-free service by setting up automated payments.
- Forward contracts. If today’s rate looks good but you’re not ready to make the transfer, lock in the rate for up to one year in advance.
- Limit orders. Select a target rate and Currencies Direct will send your money when that rate is met.
- Rate watch. Currencies Direct’s free service will alert you when the rate you want has been met.
Currencies Direct offers a range of products for businesses in need of foreign exchange services. Currencies Direct will work as part of your team to help you manage foreign exchange exposure and risk.
Currencies Direct will support your business with:
Online seller services
If you’re conducting business online through marketplaces like eBay and Amazon, Currencies Direct offers savings of up to 75% when you receive foreign currency payments, and allows you to pay overseas suppliers for less.
With your account you can:
- Set up segregated collection accounts to collect multiple currencies and manage your transfers.
- Pay online suppliers via spot contracts, forward contracts and multiple payments.
Pricing for Currencies Direct’s seller services is straightforward and transparent.
- Only pay for what you use.
- New customers can open an account for free with no monthly charges or transaction fees.
- Foreign exchange services cost 1-2% of the total transfer amount.
- A 0.1% receiving fee applies to all funds collected in your account.
- Currencies Direct Overview
- Similar sites
- Is it safe?
- How to do a money transfer with Currencies Direct
Exchange rates when using Currencies Direct
Currencies Direct buys currency at a wholesale rate and passes on the savings from buying in bulk to their customers. And their competitive rates promise to beat bank rates and save you money.
Currencies Direct offers a free rate watch service that allows you to specify your ideal exchange rate range so that you can be notified as soon as the rate hits, allowing you to act immediately. And it updates global exchange rates every 15 minutes for reliable, up-to-date data.
If you have the time and patience, Currencies Direct’s limit orders let you set a specific rate for the amount of money you want to exchange. When that rate finally hits, simply respond to the notification with your authorization, and the exchange will proceed immediately without a hassle. Users speak highly of this service, as well as Currency Direct’s easy-to-use website. An operator will even walk you through the process by phone.
What fees can I expect to pay when using Currencies Direct?
Currencies Direct believes in avoiding hidden fees. There are no charges for most transactions and no hidden fees or commissions. If they do charge for a service, they’l tell you upfront so you know exactly what it’s going to cost you. They do 90% of their transactions for free!
*Currencies Direct charges an additional fee for same-currency transfers.
What are the available currencies?
Below is a list of the supported currencies you can send and receive when using Currencies Direct.
How do I send money using Currencies Direct?
Transferring funds with Currencies Direct is a simple process:
- Set up a free account.
- Choose the currency, amount and where you want to send it.
- Make your payment to Currencies Direct.
- Currencies Direct will send the funds as soon as your payment clears.
What are the benefits and drawbacks of using Currencies Direct?
- Send and receive funds from abroad.
- Interbank rates that are updated every few seconds.
- No fees for 90% of transactions.
- International transfer services for businesses.
- Book rates in advance.
- Competitive exchange rates that save money.
- Excellent customer support.
- Supports big transactions like property sales.
- Not all global currencies are supported.
- No cash pickup options specified.
Learn Currencies Direct’s current exchange rates
Enter the amount you want to transfer and select the currency you would like to send.
Save money on your personal or business international money transfer today. Fill in the form and you’ll be contacted by a foreign exchange expert to have an obligation-free discussion about your options.
With over 17 years of foreign exchange expertise and over $100 billion transferred, OFX can help with all your currency exchange needs, including:
- Buying property abroad
- Regular overseas payments
- Risk management
- If the provider quotes a different rate to the one above please let us know
Have more questions about Currencies Direct?
Why do I need to register with Currencies Direct to do a transfer?
When you register you get access to the Currencies Direct online system that allows you to easily send and receive international funds. This also gives you access to an account manager who can give you some live market quotes over the phone. Registration is free and has no maintenance or hidden fees.
Can I trust Currencies Direct with my money?
They are registered with the FCA, which means your money is protected by their code of ethics. The money is kept in a segregated account so that your money is not used to run the business.
How long do transfers take?
This depends on where you are sending funds and the time it takes for you to settle on a quote with Currencies Direct. Sending money to Europe, for example, has taken only a day in the past, but can generally be expected to take between 24 and 48 hours.
Can I receive money from overseas?
Yes you can, you only need to specify the amount you will receive and where the foreign money needs to be allocated.
Currencies Direct has years of experience in the international money transfer game and with their promise to beat the banks, it’s a strong contender to consider for your next currency exchange.