Send money to almost any bank worldwide with convenient money transfer options.
Citibank account holders can transfer money to another Citibank account in more than 20 countries for free. They can also send an international wire transfer to another bank account just about anywhere in the world for a fee.
Choose from several options
If you have a Citibank account, you’ve got a few options for transferring money from your bank account. Send money within the US to Citibank and non-Citibank accounts alike. You can also send a wire transfer to non-Citibank accounts outside the US.
Citibank transfers are best for:
- Citibank account holders. You must have a bank account with Citibank to make a transfer with the financial institution.
- Large transfers. Depending on the type of account you hold with Citibank, you can send up to $250,000 a day.
How much do Citibank transfers cost?
The cost you’ll pay for making a transfer with Citibank depends on the type of account you have with Citibank. Here is a breakdown of the costs:
- From your Citibank account to any Citibank account in the US or selected other countries: free.
2. From your Citibank account to any account abroad:
|Citi Private bank||Waived||Waived||Waived|
|Cit International Personal||$18.75||$30||Waived|
|Citigold Private Client||Waived||Waived||Waived|
|Citi Global Executive||$18.75||$30||Waived|
|Citi Global Executive Preferred||Waived||Waived||Waived|
|All other accounts||$25||$35||$15|
What types of transfers can I make with Citibank?
- One-off transfers. Send a one-time transfer from your Citibank account.
- Recurring transfers. This option is only available for Citibank-to-Citibank transfers.
- Bank-to-bank transfers. Citibank only gives you the option to transfer money to a bank account. Your recipient cannot pick up cash.
Available currencies and countries
For Citibank Global Transfers, you can transfer funds to the following countries. (More countries are available for Citibank’s Wire Transfer service.)
- Hong Kong
- Japan SMBC Trust Bank Ltd
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
As with the fees, the transfer limits also vary depending on the type of Citibank account you have.
Citibank Global Transfers
|Online daily limit||Online daily limit and|
transfers after 60 days
|Citibank branch or|
ATM daily limit
Online Wire Transfers
|Citi Private Bank||$50,000 per transfer or day|
|Citi International Personal||$250,000|
|Citigold Private Client||None|
|Citi Global Executive||$250,000|
|Citi Global Executive Preferred||None|
|All other accounts||$50,000 per transfer or day|
How do I use Citibank for money transfers?
First, you’ll need to have an account with Citibank. Then, to set up a Citibank Global Transfer, you specify your recipient’s name and account number. After you confirm the details of your transaction, the money is debited from your account and sent to your recipient’s account.
For international wire transfers, you’ll need to provide:
- Your recipient’s full name.
- Your recipient’s bank name, address, and SWIFT code.
- Your recipient’s bank routing and account numbers.
International money transfers are sent the same business day if received before 5:15 p.m. ET.
What is Citibank?
Founded in 1812 in New York City, Citibank has grown to become a leading global financial institution with more than 200 million customer accounts in 160 countries around the world.
A large global bank, Citibank offers a diverse range of products to its customers that include corporate and investment banking solutions, wealth management and securities brokerage. Its suite of personal banking solutions include credit cards, mortgages and savings, checking and investment accounts.
What other products does Citibank offer?
- Credit cards. Citibank offers an extensive range of business, student, travel, rewards and no annual fee credit cards.
- Mortgages. Citibank provides home loan products for homebuyers, investors and those looking to refinance an existing mortgage.
- Home equity lending. Take advantage of your home’s equity with a loan from Citibank.
- Personal loans. Borrow funds and enjoy competitive rates and flexible features.
- Investing. Invest in a wide range of financial instruments on your own or with the help of a Citibank adviser.
What do customers say about Citibank?
Online reviews for Citibank are poor. ConsumerAffairs gives Citi one star for overall customer satisfaction based on 123 ratings submitted in the last year. And the financial institution gets an F from the Better Business Bureau. Consumer ratings and reviews can give valuable insight into what it’s like to deal with a company as a customer, but they rarely tell the whole story. Remember that customers don’t typically rate a product or service unless they want to rant and rave, so take these aggregated scores with a grain of salt.
How does Citibank compare to independent money transfer specialists?
Use our comparison calculator to assess transfer fees, exchange rates and other details for sending funds overseas with our money transfer partners.