Send international wire transfers all around the world quickly and easily with Chase.
When you need a secure way to send your money overseas, Chase offers the convenience of international wire transfers. These transfers can be lodged online or by visiting your nearest Chase branch, and you can send your funds in US Dollars or another foreign currency. Chase also offers step-by-step instructions to make it easier to move money across international borders.
Who is Chase?
Chase is the US consumer and commercial banking arm of JP Morgan & Chase Co. With more than 5,400 branches, 15,500 ATMs and online, mobile, and phone banking solutions, Chase offers its financial products and services to personal and business customers all over the United States. It is the number-one credit card issuer in the US (based on loans outstanding) and has been ranked number one for customer satisfaction for large US banks for three consecutive years.
Chase’s banking services are backed by the experience and financial strength of global financial services firm JP Morgan & Chase Co., which has assets of nearly $2.6 trillion.
See how other services compare to Chase
Save money on your personal or business international money transfer today. Fill in the form and you’ll be contacted by a foreign exchange expert to have an obligation-free discussion about your options.
With over 17 years of foreign exchange expertise and over $100 billion transferred, OFX can help with all your currency exchange needs, including:
- Buying property abroad
- Regular overseas payments
- Risk management
How can you send money overseas with Chase?
In order to send an international wire transfer with Chase, you will first need to open a checking account. You can apply for an account online by providing:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your driver’s license or state-issued ID
- Your contact information including your name, address, and telephone number
You’ll also need to pay a deposit in order to open an account and then sign up for online banking. You can then lodge a transfer by either visiting a Chase branch or logging into your online banking account.
When making a transfer online, you’ll need to add a wire recipient to your account by providing their name, address (including country), and bank account information. Then click on the ‘Make a Wire Transfer’ link to enter details of the amount you wish to transfer, before reviewing the details of your transaction and sending the funds.
What are the fees and charges?
Chase Bank charges $15 for incoming foreign wire transfers, and $45 for outgoing foreign wire transfers.
Chase bank exchange rates
Chase Bank doesn’t publicly display its exchange rates. You’ll need to log in as a member to view these.
Who charges less? Transferwise is a peer-to-peer transfer service that always uses the mid-market rate, so you can be certain you’re getting the best exchange rate on your transfer.
Money transfer providers with no maximum limit
|Provider||Type of transfer provider||Minimum transfer amount||Maximum transfer amount||Provider Website|
|OFX||Online transfer provider||$150||No limit|
|HiFX||Online transfer provider||$50||No limit|
|World First||Online transfer provider||$250||No limit|
|WorldRemit||Online transfer provider||$0||No limit|
|Travelex International Payments||Online transfer provider||$500||No limit|
What are the pros and cons of using Chase?
- Safe and secure. International wire transfers are a secure and reliable way to send funds overseas.
- Trusted institution. Chase is one of the largest banks in the United States and is backed by the financial strength of JP Morgan & Chase Co, one of the largest financial services firms in the world.
- Easy. Chase provides step-by-step instructions to simplify the money transfer process and make it as hassle-free as possible.
- Fees apply. The fees you must pay to send an international wire transfer mean there are cheaper ways to send money overseas.
What other products does Chase offer?
- Credit cards. Choose from a range of credit cards to suit a variety of spending needs, from basic everyday cards through to feature-packed cards.
- Home loans. Chase offers flexible mortgage solutions to help you own your home sooner or take advantage of the equity in your current home.
- Auto loans. Enjoy flexible loan options and payment features to help you fund your next set of wheels.
- Investing. Chase offers investment solutions to help you take charge of your finances.
- Checking accounts. Chase offers a range of checking accounts to help you manage your finances and get more out of your everyday spending.
- Saving accounts. Take advantage of high interest rates and minimal fees to help build your savings balance.
- Business banking solutions. From credit cards and checking accounts through to managing your international payments, Chase provides a selection of banking solutions for small and medium businesses.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to send an international wire transfer with Chase?
Wire transfers sent to bank accounts outside the US will incur a fee of $45 each if made at a branch, or $40 if lodged online
Can I save my recipient’s details to make future transfers easy?
Yes, you can save the details of frequent recipients to speed up the transfer process in future.
Can I submit a wire request at any time?
Yes, you can submit online transfer requests whenever is convenient.
Can a transfer be processed the same day?
Yes, online wire transfer requests to Chase can be processed on the same business day as long as your request is lodged before 4pm ET. See other same-day transfer providers.
Can I send domestic wire transfers from a Chase checking account?
Yes, you can send and receive domestic wire transfers from your account and also receive incoming wire transfers from overseas.
How do I check the status of an international wire transfer?
You can easily check the progress of a transfer by signing into your online banking account, by visiting a branch during opening hours or by phoning Chase’s customer service line between 8am and 8pm ET.
Can I send funds in currencies other than US Dollars?
Yes, Chase offers international money transfers in a variety of foreign currencies. Contact the bank directly for more details.
An international wire transfer from Chase is a simple, secure and convenient way to send money overseas. Just make sure that you compare Chase’s fees, benefits and features with the services of other money transfer companies to ensure that you find a safe and affordable way to send money internationally.