Send quick, easy international wire transfers around the world with Chase.
For secure money transfers overseas, Chase offers the convenience of international wire transfers online or at your local bank branch. Chase also offers step-by-step instructions to make it easier to move money across international borders.
How much will I pay to transfer money with Chase?
Chase Bank charges varying fees depending on whether you’re sending or receiving an international wire transfer:
- Outgoing fee. $40
- Incoming fee. $15 (waived for Chase Premiere Platinum accounts)
Who charges less?
Right now, OFX is offering finder.com readers an exclusive deal — no transfer fees on any amount and special exchange rates.
How does Chase compare to other services?
Use our comparison calculator to assess transfer fees, exchange rates and other details for sending funds overseas with our money transfer partners.
Save money on your personal or business international money transfer today. Fill in the form and you’ll be contacted by a foreign exchange expert to have an obligation-free discussion about your options.
With over 17 years of foreign exchange expertise and over $100 billion transferred, OFX can help with all your currency exchange needs, including:
- Buying property abroad
- Regular overseas payments
- Risk management
- If the provider quotes a different rate to the one above please let us know
How can I send money overseas with Chase?
To send an international wire transfer with Chase, you first need to open a checking account.
Apply for an account online by providing your:
- Social Security number.
- Driver’s license or other state-issued ID.
- Name, address and phone number.
You’ll need to pay a deposit to open an account and then sign up for online banking. Once approved, you can initiate a transfer online or at your local Chase branch.
To transfer money online:
- Add a wire recipient to your account by providing their name, address (including country) and bank account information.
- Click Make a Wire Transfer and enter your transfer details.
- Review your transaction details and send your funds.
Money transfer providers with no maximum limit
|Provider||Minimum transfer amount||Maximum transfer amount||Provider website|
|World First||$250||No limit|
|Travelex International Payments||$500||No limit|
What are the pros and cons of using Chase?
- Safe and secure. International wire transfers are a secure, reliable way to send funds overseas.
- Trusted institution. Chase is backed by the financial strength of JP Morgan & Chase Co, one of the largest financial services firms in the world.
- Easy process. Chase provides step-by-step instructions for hassle-free money transfers.
- High fees. You’ll pay more in fees than you would by going with an independent money transfer provider.
What other products does Chase offer?
Chase is a full-service bank offering:
- Credit cards. Choose from a range of credit cards to suit a variety of spending needs, from basic everyday cards to ones packed with features.
- Home loans. Chase offers flexible mortgage solutions to help you own your home sooner or leverage equity in your current home.
- Auto loans. Enjoy flexible loan options and payment features to fund your next set of wheels.
- Investing. Chase offers investment solutions to help you take charge of your finances.
- Checking accounts. Chase offers a range of checking accounts to help you manage your finances and get more out of everyday spending.
- Saving accounts. Take advantage of high interest rates and minimal fees to build your savings.
- Business banking solutions. From credit cards and checking accounts to managing international payments, Chase provides banking solutions for small and medium businesses.
Who is Chase?
With more than 5,400 branches, 15,500 ATMs and online, mobile and phone banking solutions, Chase offers its financial products and services to personal and business customers all over the US. It ranks No. 1 for customer satisfaction for large US banks year after year.
Chase’s banking services are backed by the experience and financial strength of global financial services firm JP Morgan & Chase Co., which has assets of nearly $2.6 trillion.
An international wire transfer from Chase is simple, secure and convenient.
Before you initiate your transfer, compare fees, benefits and features of other money transfer companies to find the best option for your situation.
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to send an international wire transfer with Chase?
Wire transfers sent to bank accounts outside the US will incur a $45 fee if made at a branch or $40 if initiated online.
Can I save my recipient’s details to make future transfers easy?
Yes, you can save the details of frequent recipients to speed up the process for future transfers.
Can I submit a wire request at any time?
Yes, you can submit online transfer requests at any time.
Will Chase process my transfer on the same day that I initiate it?
Yes, online wire transfer requests to Chase are processed on the same business day as long as your request is confirmed before 4 p.m. ET. See other same-day transfer providers.
Can I send domestic wire transfers from a Chase checking account?
Yes, you can send and receive domestic wire transfers from your account and also receive incoming wire transfers from overseas.
How do I check the status of an international wire transfer?
Easily check the progress of a transfer through your online banking account, by visiting a branch location or by calling Chase’s customer service line between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. ET.
Can I send funds in currencies other than US dollars?
Yes, Chase offers international money transfers in a variety of foreign currencies.