Send quick, easy wire transfers around the world.
We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.For secure money transfers overseas, Chase offers the convenience of international wire transfers online or at your local bank branch. Send money from your bank account, and your recipient can get their transfer in only a day or two. Chase also offers step-by-step instructions to make it easier to move money across international borders.
Transfer money directly from your bank account
Send one-off or scheduled transfers from your Chase bank account. It’s a convenient option for Chase customers, but getting a bank account through Chase just to make a transfer might be a bit much for most people.
Chase Bank is best for:
- Bank-to-bank transfers. Send to another bank account only.
- Chase customers. You’ll need a Chase bank account to send a transfer.
- Easy online process. Chase provides step-by-step instructions for hassle-free money transfers.
How much will I pay to transfer money with Chase?
Chase Bank charges varying fees depending on whether you’re sending or receiving an international wire transfer:
- Outgoing fee. $40
- Incoming fee. $15 (waived for Chase Premiere Platinum accounts)
You’ll need to pay a deposit to open an account and then sign up for online banking. Once approved, you can initiate a transfer online or at your local Chase branch.
Who charges less?
Independent transfer services usually win out over banks when it comes to fees. There are several providers who will send a transfer for free with competitive exchange rates, including OFX, HiFX and World First.
Check out our review of World First here and take advantage of their exclusive $0 fee offer.
What types of transfers can I make with Chase?
You have two options for transferring money with Chase:
- One-off transfers. Make a one-time wire transfer.
- Recurring transfers. Schedule a repeating wire transfer.
Available currencies and countries
Send money in more than 35 currencies worldwide.
As a general rule, you will not be able to transfer money to the following countries due to US sanctions:
- Sierra Leone
What are the transfer limits?
The total daily limit on wire transactions with Chase is $100,000 or your available balance. Business customers can request a higher limit.
How do I send money overseas with Chase?
To send an international wire transfer with Chase, you first need to open a checking account. Once you’ve set up your account, take these steps to transfer money online.
- Add a wire recipient to your account.
- Click Make a Wire Transfer and enter your transfer details.
- Review your transaction details and send your funds.
What is Chase Bank?
With more than 5,400 branches, 15,500 ATMs and online, mobile and phone banking solutions, Chase offers its financial products and services to personal and business customers all over the US. It ranks No. 1 for customer satisfaction for large US banks year after year.
Chase’s banking services are backed by the experience and financial strength of global financial services firm JP Morgan & Chase Co., which has assets of nearly $2.6 trillion.
If you ever need help, Chase offers phone support 24/7. Email and Twitter support are also available, or you can visit your nearest Chase bank branch.
What other products does Chase offer?
Chase is a full-service bank offering:
- Credit cards. Choose from a range of credit cards to suit a variety of spending needs, from basic everyday cards to ones packed with features.
- Home loans. Chase offers flexible mortgage solutions to help you own your home sooner or leverage equity in your current home.
- Auto loans. Enjoy flexible loan options and payment features to fund your next set of wheels.
- Investing. Chase offers investment solutions to help you take charge of your finances.
- Checking accounts. Chase offers a range of checking accounts to help you manage your finances and get more out of everyday spending.
- Saving accounts. Take advantage of high interest rates and minimal fees to build your savings.
- Business banking solutions. From credit cards and checking accounts to managing international payments, Chase provides banking solutions for small and medium size businesses.
What do customers say about Chase?
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is not accredited with the Better Business Bureau and receives an F from the organization. However, TrustPilot gives Chase a TrustScore of 6.5 out of 10, with an average three stars. 56% of reviews on TrustPilot are “excellent.”
If you need help making a transfer, you can contact Chase at 800-935-9935.
Chase vs. the competition
How does Chase compare to other services?
Use our comparison calculator to assess transfer fees, exchange rates and other details for sending funds overseas with our money transfer partners.