Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
International money transfer limits
Send as much or as little as you need with the right provider.
Send money internationally with OFX
OFX has no maximum limit transfers, with competitive exchange rates for 45+ currencies.
- Support for 55+ major and exotic currencies
- Competitive rates and no transfer fees
- Multiple transfer options include forward contracts and limit orders
What’s the most amount of money I can send in a day?
It depends on which provider you choose. While some transfer companies have caps as low as $999 a day, others let you send as much as you want.
Keep in mind that if you’re sending more than $10,000, you may need to report it to the IRS — and your recipient may need to report it in their country at an even lower threshold.
What’s the smallest amount I can send?
You can send as little as you want, including less than $1 with some providers. But sending small amounts will limit which providers you can use, as some companies impose minimum transfer amounts.
Compare minimum and maximum transfer limits
|Money transfer specialist||Minimum transfer||Maximum transfer|
|Currencies Direct||$1||£25,000 per online transaction|
|Currency Online||$0||No limit|
|Hawk FX||$10,000||No limit|
|HSBC||$10||$200,000 a day|
|MoneyGram||$1||$10,000 per online transaction|
$10,000 every 30 days
|Paypal||$1||$10,000 per online transaction|
|Placid Express||$0||$2,900 a day|
$7,000 every 30 days
$20,000 every 180 days
|Ria||$1||$2,999 a day|
$7,999 every 30 days
|Sharemoney||$20||$2,999.99 a day|
$2,999.99 every 15 days
$9,999.99 every 180 days
|TransferWise||$1||Individuals — $49,999 a day and $199,999 a year|
Businesses — $199,999 a day and $1 million a year
|Travelex International Payments||$500||No limit|
|USPS||$1||$1,500 a day|
|Walmart||$0||$2,500 per online transfer|
$6,000 every 30 days.
|Sendwave||$1||$999 a day|
$2,999 a month
|Western Union||$1||$500 – $10,000 per online transaction, depending on service|
$300 – $500 per phone transaction, depending on service
No limit for in-person transfers
|XE||$50||$500,000 per online transaction|
|Xoom||Depends on country.||$2,999 a day|
$6,000 every 30 days
$9,999 every 180 days
Search and compare international money transfers
Different types of limits
With most international money transfer providers, you’re limited to a specific amount per transaction. But you’ll find providers that limit how much you can send in a variety of ways.
A limit on the total amount you can transfer each day.
A limit on the total amount you can transfer in one month. Some providers will have other time-based limits, like a per-week or per-year limit.
In some circumstances, a provider will limit the amount of money you can transfer to any one person or account.
Transfer method limits
Providers may also limit how much you can send by the transfer method you select. For example, if an online transfer is limited to $5,000, you might be able to send a larger amount by visiting the nearest branch to place the transfer in person.
How to choose a money transfer provider
When comparing money transfer providers, factor in:
- Transfer limits. Make sure the providers you’re interested in are willing to send the transfer amount you want.
- Currency. Does the transfer provider offer the currency you want to send in?
- Affordability. Finding the best exchange rate is critical to getting the best value for you money — but you’ll need to factor in fees, too.
- Convenience. Consider how quick and easy it is to send a transfer with each provider. Is the transfer system easy to use? Can you complete transfers online or over the phone, or do you need to visit a physical location?
- Flexibility. You might be able to save money with a forward contract or limit order that locks in a low rate or save time by scheduling recurring payments in advance.
- Speed. While some providers can send money almost instantly, other take days to transfer funds.
- Customer support.Check online reviews to get an idea of how helpful the customer support team is, and look for multiple ways to get support, including over the phone, via live chat or email or in person.
By comparing transfer limits along with a range of other features, you can find an international money transfer provider that offers an affordable and convenient way to meet your specific needs when sending money overseas.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Acorns alternatives offer lower fees and more investment options. Learn more.
What is health insurance cost sharing?
Learn cost-sharing terms to find out how much you’ll really pay for healthcare.
FloatMe pay advance app review February 2021
Small cash advances perfect for avoiding steep overdraft fees.
Alternatives to Fidelity
If you’re looking for a broker similar to Fidelity, here are some platforms to consider.
Best balance transfer credit cards of 2021
Here are our top balance transfer picks for 2021.
Best business credit cards for 2021
Here are our top picks for 2021.
Sigue international money transfers review
Sigue offers speedy money transfers to 50+ countries, but you have to set up a transfer to see the transaction fees.
Fast track your savings goals with this automation and budgeting app.
Lenme peer-to-peer lender review
Lenme connects borrowers to investors through its simple app.
Best secured credit cards of 2021
Our top picks can help you build your credit without paying sky-high fees.
Ask an Expert