Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Liberty Mutual insurance review 2021
Compare every Liberty Mutual insurance policy
Liberty Mutual is a reputable company known for issuing both business and personal insurance policies, including home, life, and auto insurance policies. The company is highly rated and accredited with the BBB, and has more than 800 offices across the world. Liberty Mutual is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, and has been in operation since 1912.
Liberty Mutual insurance types
Liberty Mutual offers a variety of insurance policies you can bundle, including home, life and auto insurance policies.
- Car. With Liberty Mutual car insurance, you can enjoy coverage options, benefits, and discounts — all at an affordable price. Roadside assistance is also included.
- Motorcycle. The motorcycle insurance policy is a product that is guaranteed for 12 months. It can protect you and your bike, and comes with discounts, and different payment options.
- Boat and watercraft. With this insurance, you can insure your boat or watercraft with the right liability and damage coverage. It insures your boat both on land and in water.
- Antique and classic car. Liberty Mutual makes sure you get the right coverage for your collector car. Most antique, classic, and vintage cars require special insurance, and Liberty Mutual has got your covered.
- ATV and off-road vehicle. The company can help you insure your all-terrain vehicle, snowmobile or other off-road vehicle.
- Recreational vehicle. Liberty Mutual can help you insure your motorhome or travel trailer, and can help protect it on the road or wherever it is parked.
- Umbrella. Umbrella insurance can be added onto any insurance policy, and provides an extra level of personal liability protection. It is about an extra dollar a day in cost, and can cover up to one million dollars.
- Homeowners. The homeowners insurance policy from Liberty Mutual makes sure your home, valuables, and possessions are protected. Homeowners insurance also includes emergency repair services, 24/7 claims assistance, and convenient online policy management.
- Renters. For as low as $12 per month, you can make sure your possessions are protected from fire, burglary, and water damage with Liberty Mutual renters insurance.
- Condo. Condo insurance protects you from liability, and covers the interior of your unit, and your personal possessions. You can feel more protected if your condo is damaged by a covered loss.
- Landlord. This policy will protect your property from damage. If your property becomes unlivable, landlord insurance can save you from losing income.
- Mobile home insurance. Liberty Mutual offers mobile home insurance, but one must call in to learn more about the policy since there is no information on the company’s website.
- Flood. Liberty Mutual offers flood insurance that will protect you if a storm or hurricane causes a flood in your home, office park, parking lot, etc.
- Identity theft. Identity theft can be an expensive situation, and Liberty Mutual can minimize the risk. Identity theft coverage can be added to your homeowner’s policy.
- Life & annuities. If you want to cover a specific amount of time, or you want a lifelong protection policy, Liberty Mutual can help.
Benefits of Liberty Mutual Insurance
- Nationwide coverage. No matter where you live, Liberty Mutual has coverage options for you.
- Convenient quotes. Get a quote for any type of insurance on Liberty Mutual’s website
- Multi-policy discount. With the multi-policy discount, you can save money by bundling multiple Liberty Mutual insurance policies together.
- BBB rating. Liberty Mutual is A+ rated and accredited with the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- 24/7 claims. You can report a claim 24 hours a day, and seven days a week.
- Local agents. The company has local agents all across the US who can help you find the best policy for your situation.
How to get insurance from Liberty Mutual
Who’s eligible for a policy?
- Current address
- Valid payment information
- US citizen
You can request a quote right on Liberty Mutual’s website. To purchase an insurance plan, provide the following information:
Info you’ll need to apply
- Full name
- Phone number
- Property information
- Payment information
About Liberty Mutual
- Liberty Mutual was certified as a 2016 Great Place to Work – Great Place to Work US
- Liberty Mutual Insurance received the 7th Annual Tim Russert Award – Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program
- Liberty Mutual’s 401(k) Plan was named One of the Best-in-Class Retirement Plans of 2016 – PlanSponsor Magazine
- Liberty Mutual Insurance was named the Top Charitable Contributor in Massachusetts for 2015 – The Boston Business Journal
- Liberty Mutual Insurance ranks #32 in “TOP 50 Employers” List for 2014 – Equal Opportunity Magazine
- Liberty Mutual received the 2014 Preservation Achievement Award – Boston Preservation Alliance
- Liberty Mutual Insurance was recognized for its Green Initiative – EPA
- Liberty Mutual Insurance received the Team Massachusetts Economic Impact Award
- Liberty Mutual’s Chief Diversity Officer, Dawn Frazier-Bohnert, received the Diversity Leader Award
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Best umbrella insurance
Receive extra liability coverage with an umbrella policy from these top insurers, though they may require you to have car insurance through them.
Guardian vision insurance review Apr 2021
Get a generous allowance to put towards contact lenses or frames with this plan.
How to start a cleaning business
From making a business plan and getting insurance to marketing and setting your prices — here’s how to start your own cleaning business.
Best online banks for 2021
Thinking of going digital? This one’s for you.
The best debit cards for kids for 2021
Support your child’s financial knowledge and teach the important real-life money skills in a safe and controlled way with a kids’ debit card.
Guardian dental insurance review 2021
This insurer has four dental plans to choose from — compare costs and features now.
FloatMe pay advance app review April 2021
Small cash advances perfect for avoiding steep overdraft fees.
Lemonade life insurance review
This fintech just branched out into low-cost life insurance — but its lineup is limited.
Compare life insurance wellness programs
Get an incentive to meet your existing health and fitness goals with a discounted premium.
Combined life insurance review April 2021
Find unusually low face values for a whole life policy, ideal for supplemental insurance.
Ask an Expert