Infinity car insurance review
You may have luck even if you're denied by other companies, but customer service ratings are low.
finder.com's rating: 4 / 5
- Get a quote if you don’t qualify with other companies.
- Pick something else if you value customer service.
- Drivers with a history of accidents or claims can get SR-22 support.
|States served||Arizona, California, Florida, Texas|
|New car protection||No|
|Pay schedule||12 months, 6 months|
|Claims methods||online, phone|
|Rideshare coverage||Yes (only in Miami)|
- Coverage options for every budget
- SR-22 options
- Free DriverClub membership
- Low customer feedback
- Limited to 4 states
|Anti-theft device discount||Yes|
|Defensive driving discount||Yes|
|Good student discount||Yes|
|Safety device discount||Yes|
|Special employment discount||No|
Get the cheapest quotes on your auto insurance
Enter your ZIP code to see insurers near you.
Your information is secure.
How to get a free quote for Infinity car insurance
Choose to apply online or call Infinity at 800-463-4648 to apply for car insurance by phone. Steps to apply online:
- Go to the Infinity website, enter your ZIP code and choose Get a quote.
- Enter the number of drivers, vehicles and your basic personal information, then continue.
- Select the date you’d like your coverage to start and the coverage that best suits your needs. Continue to the next step.
- Enter the VIN number and annual mileage of your vehicle then hit Continue.
- You may be prompted to call an agent to pay for your policy and get covered. Keep your quote ID handy.
Discounts on Infinity auto insurance
Infinity offers a number of discounts that help keep its prices competitive. Discount availability will vary depending on location, driver details and many other factors, but here’s what you might be able to save:
- Good driver. Save up to 25% when you have a clean driving record. Older drivers in California and Florida can take a driver safety course to save even more.
- Good student. Full-time student drivers who maintain a B-average or higher may qualify.
- Homeowners. You may be eligible for lower premiums if you own your home.
- Loyalty. Renewing year after year may qualify you for a discount.
- Membership. Discounts for being a member of AAA.
- Multicar. Save up to to 38% when you insure multiple vehicles with Infinity
- Payments. Save up to 15% for paying policy premiums in a lump-sum payment. Save even more money when you switch to automatic, electronic payments.
- Safe car. Receive discounted rates when insuring vehicles with antitheft devices, antilock brakes and airbags.
- Switch and save. Shave some of the cost off just by getting an online quote, but get even more off by starting it at least six days before your old coverage ends. Then save up to 15% for switching from another insurance provider.
Infinity car insurance reviews and complaints
Since the BBB uses other factors to rate a company like its transparency and complaint resolution, Infinity holds a B rating with the agency as of 2022. Infinity has closed over 500 complaints filed with the BBB in the last three years, a high number for a relatively small brand. It rates 1.04 out of 5 stars.
Infinity also receives a 7.31 score on the National Association of Insurance Commissioners complaint index for private auto insurance. Since the industry standard is 1.00, Infinity’s score shows that it sees many more complaints than normal. Some of these complaints include delays in claims processing, low claim settlements and outright denials of claims that should have been covered by existing policies.
|AM Best financial rating||A|
|Trustpilot score||1.2/5 out of 550 customer reviews|
|Customer reviews verified as of||April 2022|
Infinity data privacy
Recently, customers have experienced trouble with Infinity’s data privacy. In March 2021, some policyholders were notified of a data breach from December 2020. The unauthorized access may have allowed hackers access to some private data.
The company apologized and offered users a complimentary Experian membership to monitor their credit reports. Contact Infinity at 877-316-0057 for more information.
Our star ratings for Infinity, explained
Finder’s car insurance experts rate Infinity about average because the company offers the coverage and types of discounts that you’d expect, but with poor customer service ratings. The company did score well for its strong finances.
Companies alternatives to Infinity car insurance
Consider the coverage and features that other car insurance companies have to offer, and tap Get quotes to see your customized rate.
What auto insurance coverage does Infinity offer?
You’ll find a fairly standard list of coverage options from Infinity, but it does help you file an SR-22 proof of insurance form if you need it.
- Collision and comprehensive damage. Pays for damage to your car if you hit another car or object. Also covers fire, flooding, hail, theft or vandalism.
- Liability protection. Pays for property and bodily damage that result from an accident.
- Personal injury protection. Covers the cost of doctors, hospitalization or even funerals if you or a passenger is injured or killed, no matter who is at fault in the accident.
- Rideshare coverage. Covers you on your side job driving for Uber, Lyft or any other rideshare company.
- SR-22. An SR-22 is required after a major driving conviction to prove you’re insured.
- Underinsured motorists coverage. This type of coverage takes care of the gap between someone else’s policy limits and the actual cost of your medical expenses after an accident.
- Uninsured motorists coverage. Pays for costs of damage or injury from a hit-and-run accident or an incident where the other driver is uninsured. This covers you and your passengers and can include medical expenses, lost wages and other injury-related losses.
Where is Infinity auto insurance available?
Infinity is the third largest provider of nonstandard auto insurance in the country, rivaled by providers like Direct and Central. Unfortunately, Infinity auto insurance is only available in four states:
Infinity car insurance ;pros and cons
Infinity’s main draw is that it can help drivers considered high risk with car insurance. But the company sees overwhelmingly negative ratings from customers.
- Steep discounts up to 38%. It’s rare for a high-risk car insurer to offer many discounts. Infinity offers hefty savings for insuring multiple cars, keeping a clean driving record or taking a defensive driving course in eligible states.
- SR-22 support. If you’re denied car insurance from other companies, you could find grace from this insurance company about your driving record.
- Roadside assistance membership. Whether or not you have an Infinity auto insurance policy, you can sign up for the free Infinity DriverClub and call its 24/7 roadside assistance hotline if you need help. You only pay for services you use, rather than dealing with a monthly or annual fee.
- Service available in Spanish. You can swap the site to Spanish and go through the quote process, sign up for DriverClub or read any of the Infinity knowledge center articles. Phone support also includes a Spanish option.
- Poor customer feedback. State regulators report above-average numbers of complaints from Infinity customers. Its parent company, Kemper, also holds below-average marks in the J.D. Power Auto Insurance Study.
- Lack of availability. Currently, Infinity is only issuing new policies to drivers in Arizona, California, Florida and Texas. If you live elsewhere and don’t plan on moving, you may be out of luck with buying from this company.
- Lack of information. While the website is straightforward to navigate and offers a knowledge center with general car insurance resources, it doesn’t provide much information on the auto insurance coverage that is available.
How to file an auto insurance claim with Infinity
Reporting a claim with Infinity can also be done online or by phone. To file a claim online:
- Visit the Infinity website.
- Go to Claims center and select Report a claim.
- Select Report claim online.
- Log in to your account.
- Fill in incident details, driver and vehicle information, personal information for all parties and any other information you’re asked for.
- Submit your claim and wait to hear back from an Infinity agent. Or, check claim status on the mobile app or by logging in to your account.
To file your claim by phone, start by calling 800-334-1661 and dial these numbers to get to an agent quickly.
- Press 1 for English or 2 for Spanish
- Press 1 to report an accident
- Press 1 for new claim or accident
- Press 1 for policyholder then enter your policy number
- Press 2 for non-policyholder and connect directly to an agent
Ways to contact Infinity
Contact Infinity using nearly any method that suits you.
- Live chat: Go to the Infinity website
- Phone: 800-782-2040
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: PO Box 830189, Birmingham AL 35283
- Fax: 205-803-8080
Frequently asked questions about Infinity
What’s the Infinity DriverClub?
DriverClub offers access to 24/7 roadside assistance. You only pay a set price for it when you use the service, which means no annual membership fee.
How will my premiums increase after I file a claim?
Infinity doesn’t offer rate lock or accident forgiveness to its policyholders.
It’s almost always possible that your monthly rates will go up after filing a claim. This is related to the company’s assessment of your risk as a policyholder. Since accidents tend to indicate higher risk, filing a claim could translate into higher monthly insurance costs.
How do I pay my bills and file my claims online?
Pay your premiums and file a claim online with Infinity using the mobile app. It lets you pay your bill, view your ID cards and find affiliate repair shops.
Car insurance ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our insurance team analyzes car insurance providers to help you choose the best car insurance for you.
We rank insurers from one to five stars based on key factors including customer satisfaction, policy options, price, billing, claims, and support. We create these rankings to help you narrow down an insurance provider that best suits your budget and coverage needs.
Roslyn McKenna Ayers is insurance manager at ValuePenguin and a former publisher at Finder, specializing in home and auto coverage. Her expertise and analysis has been featured on Bankrate, MSN and Reader's Digest. She holds a BA in writing and communications from Maryville College.
Infinity’s coverage is geared toward drivers who are considered high risk by other insurance companies. If you find yourself in that position and live in Arizona, California, Florida or Texas, this company could help you address your coverage needs.
However, Infinity is not the best pick for most drivers. Online access and policy information is limited, making it difficult to explore its available coverage. The company also sees mostly negative reviews online, which is why it’s a good pick for drivers who don’t have many other options.
If you’re a safe driver or only have a few violations on your driving history, consider policies from other car insurance companies. That way you can look for the wide protection and solid customer service that suits your needs.