Unlimited Internet plans
Get an unlimited Internet plan and make excess data charges a thing of the past.
With more Indians now working from home due to the coronavirus, it’s a good idea to upgrade to an unlimited Internet plan. Your usual data-capped plan may not be enough, especially if you’re now spending more time at home and eating up more data.
Luckily, a number of providers offer unlimited Internet plans which could ensure you’ll never hit a data limit and get your Internet speed slowed down.
What should I consider when comparing unlimited Internet plans?
While the exact plans you can access depends on where you live and what type of connection you have, here’s what matters when it comes to comparing unlimited data plans:
- Speed. Keep in mind that not all speed tiers are available at all addresses. Your actual connection speed may also vary depending on things like hardware and Wi-Fi signal, though these are largely outside the control of providers.
- Cost. Even between plans offering similar connections, there can be a fair variation in price. Prices range from around Rs 300 to over Rs 800 monthly, with the biggest price differences due to what connection speed they offer. Some of the more expensive options might include enticing extras, like TV packages.
- Contract type. Broadband plans can either come as fixed-length contracts (e.g. 12 or 24 months) or month-to-month options. Generally, a fixed-length contract will offer reduced set-up fees or a bonus feature, but will charge you a hefty exit fee if you want to cancel your service before the term is up.
- Streaming services, e.g. Netflix, Amazon Prime
- Sports TV packages
- Free modem
- Discounts off mobile plan prices
- Home phone included
Can I get unlimited broadband on-the-go?
If you’re looking for unlimited data, there aren’t a whole lot of alternatives to fixed-line connections. While mobile broadband is a reasonable choice when compared to Fibre, offering competitive speeds, there’s nothing yet available that approaches the largely unconditional unlimited data plans.
While fixed-line connections are still your best bet in terms of data per rupee, great alternatives appear to be on their way.
Unlimited Internet plans:
- Excitel 100 Mbps
- Airtel Broadband 100 Mbps
- SITI Broadband 100 Mbps
Ask an Expert