Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Trade Smart Online Review
Which Trade Smart Online account is right for you?
Trade Smart Online is a broker based in Mumbai, offering flexible plans for low-volume and high-volume investors. Each account comes with live-chat customer support, stock alerts, trade ideas and a range of trading platforms for you to choose from.
This review compares the pros and cons of holding a Trade Smart Online account, to help you decide if it’s the best trading account for you.
Compare Tradesmart as an online broker
What markets can I trade?
- NSE (National Stock Exchange of India)
- BSE (formerly Bombay Stock Exchange)
- MCX (Multi Commodity Exchange of India)
Trade Smart accounts
Trade Smart offers two types of trading accounts: a Value Trading plan for low-volume traders and a Power Trading plan for high-volume traders. Low-volume traders are traders who buy and sell a smaller number of shares, such as individual investors. High-volume traders, on the other hand, are usually institutional, corporate or high net-worth investors who make much larger trades.
The main difference between these two accounts is how fees are calculated. The Value Trading plan charges a percentage-based trading fee, making it ideal for investors who make smaller-sized trades.
The Power Trading plan, on the other hand, charges a flat fee on all trades. This makes the unit cost of trading lower with larger investment amounts, thus appealing to high-volume investors.
Trade Smart Account features
You can look forward to these features regardless of which Trade Smart plan you end up choosing.
- A range of trading products.
- Stocks and ETFs: Trade Smart allows you to trade stocks and ETFs on the National Stock Exchange (NSE) and Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
- Futures: You can trade equity, commodity and currency futures on the NSE, BSE and the Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX).
- Options: With Trade Smart, you can trade both currency and equity options on the NSE and BSE.
- Three trading platforms to choose from.
- Trader Desktop. The Trader desktop offers a range of professional trading tools and charting services. There are three versions of Trader Desktop you may choose from: NEST, Fox Trader and Dartstock. Each of these platforms provides access to different markets, analysis tools and dashboards.
- SINE trading app. Available on both the Android Play Store and Apple App Store, Trade Smart’s mobile app allows you to place trades wherever you are, whenever you want.
- SINEWeb. The Trade Smart Web Browser allows you to conveniently log on to your account online.
- Leveraged intraday exposure: With Trade Smart, you can get up to 30x exposure on equities, 7x exposure on futures and options, 3x on currencies and 6x exposure on all commodities traded.
- Extensive customer support: To resolve any query or trading issue, you can contact Trade Smart’s support team over the phone, via email or even live web chat.
- Alerts: Set alerts to be notified of any sudden stock movements.
- Trade ideas: Receive research reports, free stock tips, and weekly reports with Trade Smart Online.
What are Trade Smart’s fees?
Trading fees are fees associated with buying and selling financial products. This includes commissions, spreads, and currency conversion fees, as shown below.
- Intraday equity: 0.007% of the trading amount (low volume traders) or RS 15 per order (high volume traders).
- Equity delivery: 0.07% of the trading amount (low volume traders) or RS 15 per order (high volume traders).
- Equity futures: 0.007% of the trading amount (low volume traders) or RS 15 per order (high volume traders).
- Equity options: RS 7 (low volume traders) or RS 15 (high volume traders).
- Currency futures: 0.007% of the trading amount (low volume traders) or RS 15 per order (high volume traders).
- Currency options: RS 7 (low volume traders) or RS 15 per order (high volume traders).
- Commodity options: 0.007% of trading amount (low volume traders) or RS 15 per order (high volume traders).
These fees are costs incurred from account-related activities or taxes.
- Securities transaction tax: 0.0113% of your total returns
- SEBI turnover charges: 0.0007% of your total turnover
- Stamp Duty: depends on which state you live in
- GST: 18% of the total broker and transaction charges you’ve paid
- Account opening charge (one-time): RS 500
- Account maintenance fee: none
Do note that the list of fees above is not exhaustive. The amount you could incur with Trade Smart Online depends on your trading amount and investment decisions. Do get in touch with Trade Smart Online before opening an account so that you can get a better understanding of how much you could end up paying.
Pros and cons
- Competitive trading fees
- Live chat customer support
- Flexible broker plans
- No minimum account balances
- No access to forex, cryptocurrency or mutual funds
- Limited market recommendations and tips
Is Trade Smart safe?
Trade Smart Online is backed by VNS Finance, a licensed financial services company in India. It is therefore considered to be safe and largely protected from default.
Note: Investing and trading itself always carries risks which you should be aware of, so read up before you start investing. Do your research and compare brokers in India before signing up with any trading platform.
How do I sign up for an account?
Sign up with Trade Smart Online by following these steps.
- Fill up the online registration form, providing information like your full name, contact number, email address and bank account details.
- You will be asked to submit supporting documents. This may include a copy of your Pan card, salary slips, Adhaar card, proof of residence, and a passport-sized photo.
- Verify your identity, either by visiting a Trade Smart office in person or doing so via a quick video call.
It will take approximately three days for your application to be approved. Following this, you’ll be given your account details and you can start trading immediately.
As a discount broker, Trade Smart offers accessible investment plans to both low-volume and high-volume investors. While it provides limited trading instruments and market reports, its platform comes with relatively lower fees compared to other brokers in the market. This makes it a great choice for investors looking to trade more while spending less.
More guides on Finder
How to buy and trade Ripple (XRP)
Step-by-step instructions on how to buy XRP, the cryptocurrency used in the Ripple payment network, with fiat currency or digital currency.
How to buy Ethereum (ETH)
If you want to buy Ethereum’s Ether tokens (ETH) but don’t know how, find out everything you need to get started in this detailed guide.
How to buy Bitcoin in India
Bitcoin has hit record highs recently. Want to invest in Bitcoin but don’t know where to start? Follow our easy step-by-step guide.
Investing in cannabis stocks
Top stocks and ETFs to consider for those ready to invest in cannabis.
Saxo Bank review: Indian share trading account
Saxo Bank share trading allows you to trade shares 19,000 companies on 37 global stock exchanges and provides lower commissions for active traders.
How to invest in gold in India
If you’re thinking of investing in gold, our guide will explain how and where to buy gold in India as well as the pros and cons of buying gold.
How to invest in silver in India
Like gold, silver is a safe haven for investors in India against currencies. Learn 4 ways to shine up your portfolio, including potential risks.
How to buy Databricks stocks in India when it goes public
Here’s everything we know so far about the Databricks IPO.
The next GameStop? Here are the 10 most heavily shorted stocks
Buying shorted stocks can pay off. Here are the 10 most heavily shorted stocks.
Ask an Expert