Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Send money to Oman
Find the best way to transfer money from India to Oman.
Looking for the best way to send money from India to family, friends or businesses in Oman (or even to your own bank account)? Don't head straight to your Indian bank - turn to online money transfer services instead. They nearly always offer better exchange rates and lower fees - which means for the same amount of rupees you send, the recipient will receive more omanis.
Compare ways of sending money to Oman
Use our table below to compare services that send money from the Republic of India to Oman. Compare the money transfer providers' fees and speeds, then click "Go to site" when you've found the best one to send your Indian Rupees to Oman.
How to send money to Oman from India
Here's our simple process for sending a money transfer to Oman as a cash pickup or bank transfer - the two options are similar:
- Compare your options.
- Register for an account. You'll need to give your name, address, contact details, proof of ID and method of payment.
- Provide recipient details. Enter your recipient's name and contact information. If you're sending straight to their Omani bank account, you'll need the account number, SWIFT or IBAN plus their bank branch's address.
- Enter the transfer amount. Check you're happy with the fees, exchange rates and transfer speed, then enter the amount you wish to send. Many services give the amount of Rial Omani your recipient should receive, so double check this.
- Complete your transfer. Send your money transfer to Oman. Keep any reference number safe so you can track your transfer - your recipient may need it too.
If you send to an Omani bank account, your recipient will need to wait for the funds to arrive. For a cash pick up, your Omani recipient will need to show some form of photo ID in order to pick up the funds. It's also important that you give them the transaction reference number to streamline the process.
Ways to send and receive money
How to decide which option is best for you to send money to Oman.
- Bank deposit. Most major banks in the Republic of India let you wire money to banks in Oman. However, you might get weaker exchange rates and pay higher fees all for the privilege of a slower transfer.
- Online money transfer services. Online companies like make international money transfers to Oman easy with bank transfers or cell phone top ups often offered as easy delivery options.
- Transfer agents across the Republic of India. Many transfer providers have locations dotted all across the Republic of India, making it easy for you to send money that can be easily picked up in similar agent locations in Oman.
- Cheques and money orders. If speed is not an issue, you can always pick up an international cheque from your bank or India Post to send to Oman.
- Cash pick-up. you to collect cash, even if you don't have a bank account in Oman.
- Bank deposit. If you have an Omani bank account, you can have money transferred directly into this without having to make any trips to a money transfer agent location.
- PayPal. The Xoom app allows you to receive money from India onto your cell phone, into your Omani bank account, or as a cash pick-up.
- Cheques and money orders. Both personal cheques and money orders can be sent directly to you where you live but these tend to be the slower options.
What documents do I need to transfer money to Oman?
To send money from India to Oman, you'll need the following:
1. Photo identification
Most providers require a driver's license, passport or other Indian government-issued ID. You can send transfers without the above but may need to give alternate ID instead.
2. Payment method
Your options depend on the provider's services. Popular methods include cash, debit or credit card payments, bank account transfers and personal cheques.
3. Recipient information
You'll need their name (matching their ID) plus contact details. If sending to an Omani bank account, you'll need the a/c number, SWIFT and branch details.
What documents do I need to receive money in Oman?
To collect money in person in Oman, the recipient will need:
1. Transfer number
The reference number - sometimes called a PIN, MTCN or tracking number.
2. Government-issued ID
An official ID, such as an Omani passport or driving license.
3. The transfer amount
To know how much has been sent, usually to within 10% of the total.
4. Sender information
The sender's name and address and the country from where the money was sent.
How much does it cost to send money to Oman from the Republic of India?
The cost of sending money to Oman from India depends on the exchange rate between INR to OMR, the fees, how you want your recipient to receive your transfer and the turnaround time:
- Exchange rates. The mid-market rate is the rate banks and transfer services use to trade between one another. It is the best rate that you can get. But not all money transfer providers offer you this mid-market rat so compare the exchange rate you're offered to the mid-market rate and look for the smallest difference.
- Transfer fees. Are you being charged a flat fee or a percentage of your transfer amount? For example, a provider offering to transfer your money to Oman for a flat or low fee might work out better if you plan to send a large amount.
- Transfer speed. If you need your transfer to arrive quickly, you can pay for a quick delivery. Companies such as offer instant cash pickups but may charge more. If you're not in a rush, online money transfer services can offer the best value, usually getting your money to Oman faster and cheaper than banks.
- Transfer limits. Find out how much you can send with each service. For example, one provider may have a send limit of ₹10,000 while another may allow you to transfer up to ₹1 million. For smaller transfers, check the fees. For large transfers, look harder at the exchange rate. Some providers encourage large transfers with low fees.
- Transfer type. Does your recipient have an Omani bank account or is cash or cell phone top up the better option? Each transfer type will have different fees. For example, instant cash pickups tend to be more expensive than bank transfers.
- Discounts. Some providers may offer you a free transfer simply for signing up while others may offer you a discount if you transfer more than a certain amount.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Send money to Egypt
Looking for the best way to send money from India to Egypt? Services, rates and fees compared.
Send money to Gambia
Sending money to Gambia from India? Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.
Send money to the Republic of Burundi
Want to send INR to the Republic of Burundi? We will help you pick the best international money transfer service and explain fees and exchange rates.
Send money to Slovenia
Sending money to Slovenia from India? Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.
Send money to Nicaragua
INR-NIO is easy with our comprehensive guide to the best ways to send money from India to Nicaragua.
Send money to Iraq efficiently
Find out which services allow you to send money overseas to Iraq, so you can save the most money on your transfer.
Send money to Trinidad and Tobago
Want to send INR to Trinidad and Tobago? We will help you pick the best international money transfer service and explain fees and exchange rates.
Send money to Guatemala
Sending money to Guatemala from India? Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.
Send money to Denmark
Sending money to Denmark from India? Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.
Ask an Expert