Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
IndusForex international money transfers
Make online international money transfers using IndusForex.
IndusInd Bank is an Indian private sector bank which started operations in 1995 in Mumbai, India. The bank offers various banking and financial products/services to its customers including forex services. IndusInd Bank offers its online forex services including overseas money transfer to its customers through their IndusForex product. You can carry out international remittances from India in 15 currencies using IndusForex.
IndusForex foreign exchange rates
IndusInd Bank has a section on its website where you can see the current exchange rates it offers. These rates are updated once each working day (Monday to Friday, apart from bank holidays). As an example, we have listed the rates available on its website on 17 May 2018.
|Currency code||Currency||Remittance rate|
|HKD||Hong Kong dollar||9.0|
|NZD||New Zealand dollar||47.53|
|SAR||Saudi Arabian riyal||18.42|
|USD||United States dollar||68.1321|
|ZAR||South African rand||5.68|
However, if you do make an international money transfer using IndusForex, you need to be aware that these are indicative rates. The rate applicable for your money transfer will be the exchange rate at the time of order confirmation. The displayed rates also do not include any beneficiary bank charges or the Goods and Services Tax (GST) applicable on foreign exchange transactions as per Indian laws.Back to top
How much does it cost to transfer money with IndusForex?
IndusInd Bank charges a flat transfer fee of INR750 per transaction. You’ll also be liable to pay Goods and Services Tax (GST) in accordance with Indian tax laws, along with the beneficiary bank charges.
Transfer limits and available countries
The minimum amount you can transfer using IndusForex is an amount of 100 in the currency you are looking to remit overseas. So, if you’re looking to transfer US dollars, the minimum amount you can transfer is US$100. If you want to transfer Australian dollars, the minimum amount you can transfer is AUD100, and so on.
Before you make any overseas remittances, it’s important to be aware of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) rules regarding overseas money transfers from India. These regulations permit Indian residents to carry out international remittances of a maximum amount of US$250,000 annually. This limit applies in a single Indian financial year(which runs from April to March).
You can transfer money to most major countries across the world using IndusForex. Contact IndusForex’s customer service if you’re unsure whether they support money transfers to the country you’re looking to make a remittance to.
What types of transfers can you carry out with IndusForex?
- Wire Transfers.
You can carry out wire transfers (TT/Swift Transfers) to beneficiaries having bank accounts in most major countries across the world using IndusForex.Back to top
The registration and transfer process
While you don’t need an IndusInd Bank account, you do need to have an account at IndusForex to transfer money overseas. Follow these steps to make an overseas money transfer:
- Step 1. Click on “Send Money Abroad” on the home page, select the currency you want to make the money transfer in and add the amount to see an indicative INR amount that you will have to pay to carry out the remittance.
- Step 2. Open an account by entering your personal details. If you are an existing IndusInd savings account holder (or have carried out a previous transaction at IndusForex), enter your mobile number to proceed. Otherwise, add your Aadhaar number to register an account.
- Step 3. Enter the beneficiary details, including SWIFT code.
- Step 4. Select processing/delivery mode and upload the required documents. You can either select online processing or processing at an IndusInd Bank branch.
- Step 5. Confirm your order. You can book the Forex rate by paying a nominal 5% of the total amount. You have to pay the balance within 24 hours.
- Step 6. Payment has to be made by National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT) through your bank account. Alternately you can use Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) or Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) to pay the total amount through your bank account.
- Step 7. The wire transfer is processed subsequently.
The wire transfer is usually credited to the beneficiary bank account within a period of two to four working days.Back to top
Speak to an IndusForex representative through a dedicated phone number or alternately, request a call back. You can also visit an IndusInd Bank branch in person and speak to a bank representative if you have any queries.
Pros and cons of using IndusForex
- You don’t need to be an IndusInd Bank account holder to use this product.
- The entire wire transfer process can be carried out online.
- Exchange rates are updated on the IndusInd Bank website on a daily basis only.
- You need to be an Indian resident to use this product.
- Not all currencies are supported. So, if you are looking to make overseas transfers in an exotic currency, you’ll have to consider another provider.
What other products and services does IndusInd Bank offer?
- Banking Services. IndusInd Bank is a renowned private sector bank. They offer customers numerous financial products and services. Some of these are various types of bank accounts, credit cards, insurance, foreign exchange services and loans, to name just a few.
- Forex Travel cards. IndusInd Bank issues prepaid forex multi-currency travel cards in eight major currencies.
- Buying and selling foreign exchange. IndusInd Bank buys and sells cash in eight major currencies.
How does IndusForex compare to other providers?
Our table below shows you the exchange rate and fees of other money transfer specialists.
Frequently asked questions about IndusForex
A final word
IndusForex is a facility for Indian residents to make overseas remittances online without physically going to a bank or a foreign exchange provider. It’s a convenient way to remit money overseas from India. However, you should compare exchange rates and transfer fees that competitors offer before sending money overseas using IndusForex.
More guides on Finder
Top stocks for Diwali 2020
Learn more about India’s most popular stock picks for this Diwali season.
INR to AUD exchange rate: live rates, historical conversion and forecast
Live exchange rates Indian rupee to Australian dollar. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your currency transfer to AUD.
India Remittance Statistics
India receives nearly $70 billion worth in remittances. But where is all that money coming from? Finder digs into World Bank data to find out.
Review: Crypto.com cryptocurrency app and exchange
Learn more about the Crypto.com platform in our complete review.
Where to buy cloth face masks online 2020
Cloth masks may not have the same effectiveness as an N95 mask. But with N95 masks being saved for hospitals, it’s a great alternative for everyday use.
Saxo Bank Stock Trading Review: Share trading account
Saxo Capital Markets share trading allows you to trade shares 19,000 companies on 37 global stock exchanges and provides lower commissions for active traders.
Where to buy N95 Respirator & 3M face masks online in India 2020
We’ve rounded up top online retailers who currently have N95, KN95 and respirator masks in stock.
Finder’s Starbucks Index 2019
Ever wondered how much a tall Starbucks latte costs around the world? And what does that say about the value of currency? Finder’s Starbucks Index 2019 delves into the data to find out.
Akbar Travels discount codes and coupons November 2020
Find deals on flights, visas, holidays and more for travel to, around and in India with these discounts from India’s leading travel booking platform.
How to buy gold online in India
If you’re thinking of investing in gold, our guide will explain how and where to buy gold in India as well as the pros and cons of buying gold.
Ask an Expert