Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy Vertcoin (VTC) in India
Learn how to buy Vertcoin (VTC) on 4+ crypto exchanges in our step-by-step guide.
You can buy Vertcoin (VTC) on a cryptocurrency exchange like Bittrex. These specialised marketplaces allow you to buy and sell cryptocurrencies, and work similar to stock trading platforms. Vertcoin is a Litecoin fork designed to be a truly decentralised cryptocurrency. Here's how to buy Vertcoin.
How to buy Vertcoin in 4 easy steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
Compare crypto exchanges
The easiest way to buy Vertcoin is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
Create an account
To create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
Make a deposit
Once verified, you can deposit Nu. using the payment method that best suits you – bank transfer, credit card, cryptocurrency and debit card payments are widely accepted.
You can now exchange your funds for Vertcoin. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your Vertcoin to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Vertcoin in India
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade VTC by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How do I find the best places to buy Vertcoin?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in India to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy Vertcoin?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading Vertcoin.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing VTC with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
Where can I buy Vertcoin with a credit or debit card?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy VTC with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are popular deposit methods to buy VTC on the following exchanges:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase VTC by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for VTC on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy Vertcoin?
The easiest way to buy VTC is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Before buying VTC, you may want to check the market conditions. To help you decide if now is the right time to buy, you can take a look at our Analysis tools to get an idea of how the price of Vertcoin has been performing recently.
Best Vertcoin wallets to store your VTC
You can keep your VTC on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can learn more about wallets and compare them with our comprehensive guide.
Is Vertcoin a good investment?
Cryptocurrency is a highly volatile and speculative asset, and there’s a lot to consider before you decide to add some to your portfolio. In the case of VTC, here are some things you should know:
- Decentralisation: Vertcoin’s primary goal is to tackle the issue with Proof-of-Work blockchains such as Bitcoin and Litecoin that has led to specially-designed mining businesses controlling the cryptocurrency’s wealth distribution. Vertcoin allows those with over-the-counter GPUs to participate in validating blocks and earning VTC, however the coin is not still not fully decentralised. At times, upwards of 70% of VTC was owned by less than 1% of token holders, and the top 10 wallet addresses regularly hold over 30% of VTC’s circulating supply.
- Competition: Vertcoin is just one of many blockchain projects attempting to produce ASIC-resisting mining solutions. Ravencoin, Monero and Ethereum Classic are three such examples, and it is worth examining these coins to see how they compare to VTC.
- Token use-case: Vertcoin has been around for a while – since 2014 – and behaves very much like a traditional cryptocurrency. It is very similar in its potential uses to coins like BTC and LTC, which it is typically compared to. However, it can be argued that Vertcoin is a more viable option as a medium of exchange due to its much lower price, which may impact the cryptocurrency’s demand and adoption going forward.
Additional information about Vertcoin can be found using our VTC analysis tools.
Today's Vertcoin price versus ATH
Compare today's price of Vertcoin ($0.196803 USD) against its all-time-high price of $9.8 USD on 05 December 2017. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer VTC is to reaching its ATH again.
ATH date: December 05, 2017
Vertcoin ATH: $9.8
How to trade, convert or sell VertcoinYou can convert or sell your VTC with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have VTC on.
- If you store your Vertcoin in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of VTC you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Vertcoin.
- Complete your transaction and move your VTC to a wallet for storage.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Vertcoin, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of VTC is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Vertcoin or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
Coinbase Wrapped Staked ETH (CBETH) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Coinbase Wrapped Staked ETH, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on CBETH.
EthereumPoW (ETHW) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy EthereumPoW, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ETHW.
Wrapped Terra Classic (LUNC) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Wrapped Terra Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on LUNC.
tBTC (TBTC) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy tBTC, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on TBTC.
Shping (SHPING) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Shping, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SHPING.
Pawtocol (UPI) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Pawtocol, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on UPI.
Orca (ORCA) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Orca, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ORCA.
Moss Carbon Credit (MCO2) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Moss Carbon Credit, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on MCO2.
Measurable Data (MDT) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Measurable Data, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on MDT.
Maple (MPL) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Maple, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on MPL.
Ask an Expert