Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy TrueFi (TRU) in India
Learn how to buy TrueFi (TRU) on 3+ crypto exchanges in our step-by-step guide.
You can buy TrueFi (TRU) on a cryptocurrency exchange like FTX. These specialised marketplaces that allow you to buy and sell cryptocurrencies, and work similar to stock trading platforms. Launched by TrustToken, TrueFi is a decentralised finance (DeFi) protocol dedicated to collateral-free loan services. Here's how to buy TrueFi.
How to buy TrueFi in 4 easy steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
- Compare crypto exchangesThe easiest way to buy TrueFi is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
- Create an account To create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
- Make a depositOnce verified, you can deposit Nu. using the payment method that best suits you – credit card, wire transfer, silvergate exchange network (sen) and signature signet payments are widely accepted.
- Buy TrueFi You can now exchange your funds for TrueFi. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your TrueFi to your personal wallet.
Where to buy TrueFi in India
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade TRU by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How do I find the best places to buy TrueFi?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in India to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy TrueFi?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading TrueFi.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing TRU with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
Where can I buy TrueFi with a credit or debit card?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy TRU with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are popular deposit methods to buy TRU on the following exchanges:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase TRU by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for TRU on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy TrueFi?
The easiest way to buy TRU is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Before buying TRU, you may want to check the market conditions. To help you decide if now is the right time to buy, you can take a look at our Analysis tools to get an idea of how the price of TrueFi has been performing recently.
Best TrueFi wallets to store your TRU
You can keep your TRU on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can learn more about wallets and compare them with our comprehensive guide.
Is TrueFi a good investment?
Cryptocurrencies are highly volatile and risky assets. Before making a purchase an investor should consider all aspects of the token and the associated platform. Here are a few things to consider before purchasing TRU:
- Staking and governance rewards: Those staking TRU tokens are charged with and incentivised to make correct risk assessments for those wanting to borrow funds from the TrueFi ecosystem. For contributing to the governance and safety of the system, users are rewarded with interest that is received from all loans. Stakers can also be rewarded by contributing to the TrueFi liquidity pool, thus ensuring coverage for loans.
- Zero collateral loans: While there are tens of DeFi applications that offer users the ability to borrow funds, there are a lot fewer that offer a zero-collateral option. Although extra details are required regarding a user’s economic stability, for those that are comfortable with providing extra details, TrueFi provides a strong alternative to overcollateralisation that is required for most traditional DeFi loans.
- Team: The TrueFi project was founded by the TrustToken team, a well-known investment community within the cryptocurrency industry. The team is backed by several venture capital (VC) firms and is responsible for moving billions of dollars across more than 100 trading partners worldwide. In addition to support from TrustToken, TrueFi has enjoyed collaboration from Bill Wolf, a known Wall Street veteran, and Ryan Christensen who brings decades of experience from the financial industry.
Additional information about TrueFi can be found using our TRU analysis tools.
Today's TrueFi price versus ATH
Compare today's price of TrueFi ($0.080768 USD) against its all-time-high price of $1.017 USD on 12 August 2021. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer TRU is to reaching its ATH again.
ATH date: August 12, 2021
TrueFi ATH: $1.017
How to trade, convert or sell TrueFiYou can convert or sell your TRU with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have TRU on.
- If you store your TrueFi in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of TRU you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of TrueFi.
- Complete your transaction and move your TRU to a wallet for storage.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including TrueFi, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of TRU is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the TrueFi or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
ADAPad (ADAPAD) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy ADAPad, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ADAPAD.
Fodl Finance (FODL) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Fodl Finance, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on FODL.
Paribus (PBX) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Paribus, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on PBX.
Nominex (NMX) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Nominex, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on NMX.
JET (JET) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy JET, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on JET.
Cardstarter (CARDS) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Cardstarter, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on CARDS.
Router Protocol (ROUTE) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Router Protocol, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ROUTE.
Loom Network (OLD) (LOOMOLD) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Loom Network (OLD), lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on LOOMOLD.
SafeCoin (SAFE) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy SafeCoin, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SAFE.
Saber (SBR) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Saber, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SBR.
Ask an Expert