Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy Liquity (LQTY) in India
Learn how to buy Liquity (LQTY) on 2+ crypto exchanges in our step-by-step guide.
You can buy Liquity (LQTY) on a cryptocurrency exchange like Gemini. These specialised marketplaces that allow you to buy and sell cryptocurrencies, and work similar to stock trading platforms.
Liquity is a decentralised protocol built on Ethereum that allows ETH to be borrowed against at zero-interest. Here's how to buy Liquity.
How to buy Liquity in 4 easy steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
- Compare crypto exchangesThe easiest way to buy Liquity is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
- Create an account To create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
- Make a depositOnce verified, you can deposit Nu. using the payment method that best suits you – debit card, wire transfer, credit card and PayPal payments are widely accepted.
- Buy Liquity You can now exchange your funds for Liquity. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your Liquity to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Liquity in India
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade LQTY by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How do I find the best places to buy Liquity?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in India to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy Liquity?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading Liquity.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing LQTY with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
Where can I buy Liquity with a credit or debit card?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy LQTY with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are popular deposit methods to buy LQTY on the following exchanges:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase LQTY by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for LQTY on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy Liquity?
The easiest way to buy LQTY is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Before buying LQTY, you may want to check the market conditions. To help you decide if now is the right time to buy, you can take a look at our Analysis tools to get an idea of how the price of Liquity has been performing recently.
Best Liquity wallets to store your LQTY
You can keep your LQTY on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can learn more about wallets and compare them with our comprehensive guide.
Is Liquity a good investment?
Buying cryptocurrency can be a risky endeavor, but there are precautions you can take to help mitigate risk. In the case of LQTY, here are some things worth considering:
- Frontend: Interestingly, the Liquity developers do not operate a frontend for accessing the protocol. Instead, third-party services are in charge of integrating, deploying and hosting the application. These operators are rewarded with a proportion of LQTY tokens generated.
- Stability pool: As a lending platform, Liquity has measures in place to prevent substantial economic damages and ensuring solvency. One of these key strategies is a stability pool, which is used to back the LUSD stablecoin. To achieve this, Liquity has an incentive program for Stability Providers, where they deposit their LUSD in exchange for a pro-rata share of liquidated collateral. Collateral is typically liquidated whenever the ratio from a specific borrower drops under the minimum 110%.
- Token use-case: LQTY can be earned in three ways – by contributing to the stability pool, creating a frontend to host the Liquity infrastructure, or by participating in Uniswap’s LUSD liquidity pool. LQTY can then be staked for additional income, which comes in the form of fees from issuing loans.
- Competition: Liquity is a unique protocol that lets users borrow a stablecoin interest-free, with a relatively low minimum collateral. However, it is far from the only decentralised lending protocol out there, and its point of difference may not be enough to drive adoption. Platforms such as Aave, Curve and Kava all provide relatively similar services with already-established userbases.
Additional information about Liquity can be found using our LQTY analysis tools.
Today's Liquity price versus ATH
Compare today's price of Liquity ($1.048 USD) against its all-time-high price of $146.94 USD on 05 April 2021. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer LQTY is to reaching its ATH again.
ATH date: April 05, 2021
Liquity ATH: $146.94
How to trade, convert or sell LiquityYou can convert or sell your LQTY with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have LQTY on.
- If you store your Liquity in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of LQTY you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Liquity.
- Complete your transaction and move your LQTY to a wallet for storage.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Liquity, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of LQTY is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Liquity or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
ADAPad (ADAPAD) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy ADAPad, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ADAPAD.
Fodl Finance (FODL) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Fodl Finance, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on FODL.
Paribus (PBX) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Paribus, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on PBX.
Nominex (NMX) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Nominex, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on NMX.
JET (JET) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy JET, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on JET.
Cardstarter (CARDS) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Cardstarter, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on CARDS.
Router Protocol (ROUTE) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Router Protocol, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ROUTE.
Loom Network (OLD) (LOOMOLD) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Loom Network (OLD), lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on LOOMOLD.
SafeCoin (SAFE) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy SafeCoin, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SAFE.
Saber (SBR) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Saber, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SBR.
Ask an Expert