Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy GateToken (GT) in India
A beginner's guide to buying and selling GT in India.
How to buy GateToken
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying GateToken.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports GT.
Jump to our table to compare popular options — just remember that most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy GateToken.
- Buy GateToken.
Complete your GateToken purchase and then find the best wallet to store GT.
What is GateToken?
GateChain is a decentralized finance (DeFi) platform that has been designed by prominent digital asset exchange, Gate.io. The project serves as a one-stop shop for all of one’s DeFi needs thanks to an ecosystem boasting of a stablecoin offering (USDG), Decentralized Exchange (DEX), loan issuance system, and liquidity mining protocol. In this regard, GT is the native crypto of the platform. According to CoinGecko, it is designed to facilitate a whole host of important transactions taking place within the GateChain ecosystem – such as liquidity mining rewards, voting, etc. – and is also used as collateral for the aforementioned USDG stablecoin.
GateToken (GT) is in the top 1,000 cryptocurrencies in the world by market cap, valued at $908,108,691. The current price of GateToken is $5.63, which is 3.726% higher than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $5.75 and $5.4 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of October 26, 2021 11:10 UTC.
Where to buy GateToken
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade GT by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
GateToken at a glance
|Total GT supply||300,000,000|
|All time high||US$12.94|
GateToken price performance over time
How to sell GateToken
You can cash out your GT with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have GT on.
If you store your GateToken in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of GT you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of GateToken.
What to consider when buying GateTokenSome of GateChain’s core selling points include:
- Fund security: The platform features a highly innovative crypto storage solution called ‘Vault Account’ that is designed to seamlessly retrieve one’s funds in case they are ever stolen by a third party. Its underlying framework consists of a ‘fault-tolerant mechanism’ that not only maximizes asset privacy, but also guarantees 100% financial coverage at all times.
- Operationally sound mechanics: The DEX powering GateChain provides a high level of transparency and decentralization while offering a relatively good transaction throughput (2000+TPS) rate. Not only that, it also features a fast block confirmation time of approx. 4 seconds.
- Solid design: GateChain utilizes a ‘Decentralized Governance’ module wherein every GT holder is given the chance to participate and vote on various proposals relating to the administration of the platform. Furthermore, GateChain is designed to be future-ready, such that it is compatible with a number of other public chains such as Bitcoin, Cosmos, and Polkadot.
- Solid backing: Gate.io is helmed by a number of trusted industry experts including CEO Lin Han and CMO Marie Tatibouet. It also bears mentioning that, as per several reports, the exchange was able to raise a whopping $64 million as part of its seed funding efforts back in early 2019.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including GateToken, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of GT is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the GateToken or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to stake Avalanche
Learn how to stake AVAX tokens and earn rewards by supporting the Avalanche blockchain.
SuperRare Review and Guide
True to its name, SuperRare is an NFT marketplace that focuses on crypto art tokenised on the Ethereum blockchain. The result is part marketplace and part social network for the artistic side of the NFT community.
DeFi and Web 3.0 wallets
Find out how a Web 3.0 wallet can allow you to access the world of DeFi, plus discover which wallets we recommend.
What is Rarible? Review and guide
Buy and sell unique digital assets on the largest NFT marketplace in the crypto space.
How to stake Theta
Find out how to stake your THETA tokens and how Theta’s multi-BFT proof-of-stake consensus mechanism works.
How to buy Quickswap (QUICK) in India
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Quickswap (QUICK) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy DexTools (DEXT) in India
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the DexTools (DEXT) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
DeFi tokens: A simple guide for beginners
DeFi tokens compose a prominent sector in the cryptocurrency markets. Learn the basics of these tokens here.
How to buy Smooth Love Potion (SLP) in India
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Smooth Love Potion (SLP) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Mintable Review & Guide
If you are looking to start buying, selling and trading NFTs, Mintable is one of the best places to start.
Ask an Expert