The world’s first blockchain for teeth.
Dentacoin aims to become the blockchain solution of the global dental industry, with DCN as its token.
Where to buy Dentacoin
You can buy DCN at the following exchanges:
How does Dentacoin work?
Dentacoin’s plan is simply to use the potential of new technology to disrupt the current status quo with a platform that offers a useful range of features.
- The blockchain. Decentralisation and trustworthiness are essential to many of the features for both patients and practitioners.
- Smart contracts. Smart contracts to automate and guarantee the insurance contracts and other systems where applicable.
The DCN token
Dentacoin is an ERC20 token with a total cap of 8 trillion.
Of these, around a quarter were distributed in the ICO and other pre-sales. The remainder are held by timelock smart contracts for gradual distribution from 2018 to 2042.
Inflation will be 1.9% in 2018 and will increase year on year to a peak of 9.5% in 2024, after which it will start decreasing again. From 2030 onward, it will sit at 1.9% a year.
Dentacoin will have the following features:
- Reviews. Customers can be properly incentivised to leave honest, verified reviews, while practitioners can have the quality of their work verifiably recognised.
- Database. A centralised warehouse for people’s dental history.
- Gamified mobile app. A system to help people engage with the Dentacoin app, play tooth-hygiene-related mobile games, improve dental care habits and reward people with DCN for doing the right thing.
- DentaVox. A market research hub, where a machine learning algorithm identifies high quality answers from participants and rewards good answers with DCN.
- Dental insurance. Smart contract dental insurance policies negotiated directly between an individual and their dentist. These will be backed up by connection to the wider Dentacare network, ensuring it still holds its purpose in the event of a dentist’s insolvency, death or other “contract default.”
- Trading platform. A complete dental trading platform, bringing together manufacturers, distributors, practitioners and patients.
Not being able to access a patient’s dental history is a recurring bugbear for practitioners, and it has measurable impacts on the quality of dental treatment and on a dentist’s bottom line. Having access to a dental history database will probably help with this issue.
Similarly, encouraging patients to properly maintain their teeth is often one of the hardest parts of the job. A gamified app that actually incentivises users to follow through by rewarding them with DCN tokens previously purchased in bulk by the dentist could also make a measurable difference.
The token rewards from the app could, in turn, be used to get free preventative dental treatments. The benefits of preventative dentistry are so significant that health insurance providers have already started offering it for free.
These naturally feed into the idea of reliable smart contract dental insurance contracts, which would help minimise the odds of serious dental issues, cut out the middleman (the insurance companies), offer avenues for higher quality treatments and find new ways to promote better preventative dental care.
What to consider before buying Dentacoin
The Dentacoin team is highly experienced, with a strong emphasis on multi-disciplinary skills and a history of hitting their development milestones punctually.
Also, there are no other dental-specific cryptocurrencies, and most other ecosystems that might get used instead (such as ICON, which is seeing use in South Korea’s health insurance industry) are designed to offer cross-chain functionality and can work with Dentacoin instead of against it.
Dentacoin is already accepted by several dentists in Europe, including the Dentaprime International in London, which was purchased for the pre-valued equivalent of $90m in DCN tokens ahead of the ICO.
But buyers will need to determine if the multi-trillion coin limit will cause a problem and if the coin will actually work within the dental economy where
a root canal costs a million DCN but a dental review only earns 5 DCN.
If there’s a Dentacoin clinic near you, you should check to see if the tokens will give you value for money.