Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy DENT
How DENT works and where to buy and sell it
DENT Wireless as it’s officially known, aims to use cryptocurrency to democratise mobile data and bandwidth in a peer-to-peer economy. In simpler terms, it aims to help users buy and sell their mobile data.
Where to buy and sell DENT coins.
Step-by-step guide to buying and selling DENT
- You can only buy DENT with another cryptocurrency, so you’ll first need to buy BTC or ETH and then trade that for DENT at one of the exchanges above.
- The coins accepted may vary, depending on the exchange.
- This involves creating an account on the exchange, and then sending coins from your wallet to that exchange. At this point, they can be exchanged for DENT.
- After the exchange, your DENT will either be deposited to your account on the exchange or sent directly to the wallet address you’ve specified.
How does DENT work?
DENT Wireless has three stated goals.
- The liberation of mobile data. It wants to let customers buy and sell their mobile data peer to peer as quickly and easily as possible, to eventually create a global marketplace for mobile data, bringing prices down all around the world.
- The removal or minimisation of data roaming fees. DENT aims to remove the concept of data roaming by using a system called “Local Breakout” that automatically routes data in the most efficient way possible. Currently, data roaming fees are used to offset the costs of inefficiently routing data, for example from someone’s home country to the country the person is in currently.
- To help drive the data sharing economy. Just as Airbnb is driving shared living space, Uber is driving shared transportation and other peer-to-peer systems are emerging, DENT wants to drive shared mobile data.
To try to accomplish its goals, DENT uses an ERC20 token on the Ethereum blockchain.
- A single currency. The use of its own currency makes it a lot easier to buy and sell data globally.
- Smart contract products. When users buy and sell mobile data it comes packaged as a smart contract product. This ensures transparency in the system and means buyers and sellers can’t cheat each other.
DENT operates through a mobile app with the aim of making buying, selling and sending data as easy as using any other app.
What to consider if buying DENT
DENT will have a total token supply of 100 billion, of which about 10.7 billion are currently in circulation.
If you’re planning on buying, it’s probably also worth getting the app itself to see how it works, and whether you might simply prefer to use DENT for its intended purpose rather than holding onto its tokens.
The DENT platform is largely operational and has a functional product that appears to be widely used.
It also previously adjusted prices to adapt to the growing value and popularity of the coin, so it’s worth considering that DENT’s value might be increased without pricing the token out of usability.
However, it’s also facing extreme competition from other blockchain providers. For example, Sirin Labs’ dedicated blockchain smartphone which is currently under development and has the goal of having DENT-like features built-in.
The Sirin phone is being created with the specific aim of eventually migrating into the IOTA network, and IOTA, IoT Chain and other “Internet of Things” platforms might have the potential to eventually leave DENT obsolete.
But if you’re looking to test drive some blockchain technology in the real world, you may want to test the waters by buying some DENT, getting the app and seeing how it stacks up next to your current mobile data prices.
More guides on Finder
Review: ZebPay cryptocurrency exchange
Read the ZebPay review to find out how to use the app and what to watch out for.
How to invest in cotton in India
Interested in investing in cotton? Here’s our guide to the investment options at your disposal, the benefits of investing in cotton, as well as the possible risks.
Banks with Samsung Pay in India
Check if your bank supports Samsung Pay and learn how to set up and use the digital wallet for contactless payments.
Review: Celsius Network cryptocurrency lending and borrowing platform
An in-depth review of one of the most popular lending and interest earning platforms in cryptocurrency.
Ethereum (ETH) price prediction 2021
What affects the value of Ethereum (ETH) and how might the price of ETH fluctuate in the year ahead? Find out in this comprehensive guide.
AscendEX (BitMax) Cryptocurrency Exchange Review
A complete review of the AscendEX exchange, covering trading and DeFi features, associated fees, regulation and security. Is AscendEX right for you?
Axie Infinity guide: How to play and earn
Axie Infinity is an RPG game that is currently dominating the NFT sector. Discover what Axies are, what makes them unique and how you can earn money simply by playing.
YONO SBI details and review
Learn more about the YONO SBI platform and a range of SBI bank account to decide whether it’s a good fit for your needs.
What is Compound Finance?
We explore how to use Compound Finance for lending and borrowing.
What is Uniswap?
Learn more about the UNI cryptocurrency in this beginner’s and buyer’s guide.
Ask an Expert