Track every click with Crazy Egg
Crazy Egg’s heat maps and scroll reports help paint a picture of how your users interact with your site.
Crazy Egg is a web analytics company specialising in user experience (UX) and usability tools. It was founded in 2005 by Neil Patel and is based in La Mirada, California. Clients of Crazy Egg include Yahoo!, Etsy and Dell. A basic plan can be accessed for around US$9/month.
Prices last checked August 2017
What does Crazy Egg do?
Crazy Egg offers web analytics that focus on how a website’s visitors interact with its pages. Its “Big Four” offerings to do this are:
- Heatmap. A heatmap looks a bit like a weather map in terms of the thermal imaging approach it takes. It shows you where people are clicking your site, which shows you what parts of it are hot and which parts could use changes, in order to deliver more conversions.
- Confetti. Every individual click on your website is displayed and classified by where it came from, what the visitor was searching for, and more.
- Scrollmap. The scrollmaps visualise your website in degrees of heat. The most-viewed portions appear dark red with the colour going lighter to indicate how far down a page visitors are scrolling before leaving the site altogether.
- Overlay. This combines the other elements to provide a cohesive look at how many clicks each element is bringing to the website.
Other Crazy Egg features
- Recordings. Signing up for any of Crazy Egg’s packages also earns you the right to add its Recordings offering for free. This is exactly what it sounds like: taking video of user time on the website to see what visitors viewed, what they clicked on and what was their stopping point before leaving the site.
- A WordPress plugin.
Plans and pricing
|Basic||10,000 Visits Per Month|
10 Active Pages
|Standard||25,000 Visits Per Month|
20 Active Pages
|Plus||100,000 Visits Per Month|
50 Active Pages
Priority Email Support
|Pro||250,000 Visits Per Month|
100 Active Pages
Priority Email Support
Priority Phone Support
All prices in US dollars. Prices last checked August 2017
Pros and cons
Crazy Egg has several user experience visualisations that are unique, and they can add a new dimension to how you view your web metrics. However, some of its own customer interaction is a bit lacking.
- All plans are free for the first 30 days.
- Although not easy to find, its site map makes travelling the website very simple.
- For being a website all about user experience, its front page is confusing and contains very little information other than a way to sign up.
- The free trial still requires you to enter your credit card information, a considerable turnoff for many browsers.
FAQs about Crazy Egg
More guides on Finder
Find out about the range of trading options available with the Indian banking giant DHFC.
Review: Crypto.com cryptocurrency app and exchange
Learn more about the Crypto.com platform in our complete review.
Saxo Bank Stock Trading Review: Share trading account
Saxo Capital Markets share trading allows you to trade shares 19,000 companies on 37 global stock exchanges and provides lower commissions for active traders.
Etihad promo codes for November 2020
Etihad Airways is a leading global airline and you can access their flights from India to other parts of the world. The airline presents Arabian hospitality with world class facilities.
Voonik discount codes and coupons November 2020
Searching for some style inspo to spice up your look? Voonik is dedicated to helping you achieve the image you crave. Grab yourself a discount code here and rework your wardrobe at a steal.
How to buy and sell FANTOM (FTM)
What is the FANTOM blockchain protocol and how can you buy the platform’s native FTM tokens? Find out in this handy beginner’s guide.
How to hide your IP address
Your IP address can reveal a lot about where you are and what you’re doing online. Learn why and how to secure yours.
How to get paid in cryptocurrency
The ultimate guide for businesses and individuals on how to get paid in bitcoin or another cryptocurrency.
Bithumb cryptocurrency exchange – November 2020 review
A comprehensive look at the features and fees of the Bithumb cryptocurrency exchange, including how you can sign up for an account.
QUOINEX cryptocurrency exchange – November 2020 review
Your guide to cryptocurrency exchange QUOINEX, the coins and tokens it allows you to trade, and the fees it charges on transactions.
Ask an Expert