Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy PVR (PVR) shares
Learn how to easily invest in PVR shares.
PVR Limited is an entertainment business based in India. PVR shares (PVR) are listed on the NSE and all prices are listed in Indian Rupee. PVR employs 8,665 staff and has a trailing 12-month revenue of around INR31.5 billion.
How to buy shares in PVR from India
- Compare share trading platforms. If you're a beginner, look for a platform with low commissions, expert ratings and investment tools to track your portfolio. Narrow down top brands with our comparison table.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and bank information. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for PVR. Find the stock by name or ticker symbol: PVR. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until PVR reaches your desired price. To spread out your purchase, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At last close price of INRINR1548.45, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimize risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of PVR, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of PVR. Optimize your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
Compare online trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy PVR stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
PVR shares at a glance
|Latest market close||INR1,548.45|
|52-week range||INR1,483.00 - INR2,214.85|
|50-day moving average||INR1,630.19|
|200-day moving average||INR1,783.16|
|Wall St. target price||INR2,088.08|
|Dividend yield||INR0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||INR-17.59|
PVR stock price (NSE:PVR)Use our graph to track the performance of PVR stocks over time.
PVR price performance over time
Historical closes compared with the close of INR1548.45 from 2023-03-23
|1 week (2023-03-16)||-2.50%|
|1 month (2023-02-24)||-3.08%|
|3 months (2022-12-23)||-5.04%|
|6 months (2022-09-23)||-10.88%|
|1 year (2022-03-24)||-12.84%|
|2 years (2021-03-24)||19.73%|
|3 years (2020-03-24)||13.22%|
|5 years (2018-03-23)||26.08%|
Is PVR stock undervalued or overvalued?
Valuing PVR stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of PVR's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
PVR's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is INR5.2 billion.
The EBITDA is a measure of a PVR's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
|Revenue TTM||INR31.5 billion|
|Operating margin TTM||8.88%|
|Gross profit TTM||INR8.7 billion|
|Return on assets TTM||1.33%|
|Return on equity TTM||-9.42%|
|Market capitalisation||INR152.2 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
PVR share dividends
We're not expecting PVR to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
PVR share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, PVR's shares have ranged in value from as little as INR1483 up to INR2214.85. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (NSE average) beta is 1, while PVR's is 0.4354. This would suggest that PVR's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
PVR Limited, a theatrical exhibition company, engages in the exhibition, distribution, and production of movies. The company is involved in the in-house advertisement activities; sale of food and beverages; and gaming and restaurant businesses. It operates in India and Sri Lanka. PVR Limited was incorporated in 1995 and is based in Gurugram, India. .
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Best trading app in India for 2023
Compare share trading apps to find out which app has all the tools and resources you need to reach your investment goals.
Bajaj Finserv Securities review
Bajaj Finserv offers personalised investment solutions to meet your trading needs.
Axis Direct review
Axis Direct offers a 3-in-1 trading account to help you diversify your portfolio.
How India will be investing in 2022
Finder’s Retail Investor Sentiment Report polled 39,573 Internet users across 26 countries to see how they’ll be investing their money in 2022.
How to invest in the S&P 500 from India
Find out the different ways you can invest in the S&P 500, one of the world’s most popular stock market indices.
How to invest money
Learn the basics of what it takes for novices to get started in the investment world in India, including an overview of your options and what to watch out for.
How to buy Rivian Automotive (RIVN) shares
Steps to owning and managing Rivian Automotive Inc, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy N/A (N/A) shares
Steps to owning and managing N/A, with 24-hour and historical pricing before you buy.
How to buy Bitcoin ETFs from India
Bitcoin ETFs are coming to market. Here’s how you can invest in them.
How to invest in coffee in India
This highly traded commodity can help diversify your portfolio. But consider unpredictable risks before investing in this daily bean.