Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy BlackBerry (BB) shares in India
Learn how to easily invest in BlackBerry shares.
BlackBerry (BB) shares jumped 33% Wednesday, Jan. 27, as news reports linked the move to a targeted push on the same Reddit chatroom that has been the site of an organized effort to push up GameStop shares.
Shares of GameStop and some other heavily shorted stocks have skyrocketed after users of a Reddit board called wallstreetbets began hyping them in an effort to spike the prices. This is a move that causes a lot of volatility for these stocks, so it’s important to note that the prices may continue to rise or may suddenly fall sharply. Casual investors should steer clear or be prepared to keep a close eye on any positions they take.
BlackBerry Limited (BB) is a leading software-infrastructure business based in the US. It opened the day at USD$9.28 after a previous close of USD$9.28. During the day the price has varied from a low of USD$8.69 to a high of USD$9.3901. The latest price was USD$8.94 (25 minute delay). BlackBerry is listed on the NYSE and employs 3,325 staff. All prices are listed in US Dollars.
How to buy shares in BlackBerry from India
- Compare share trading platforms. If you're a beginner, look for a platform with low commissions, expert ratings and investment tools to track your portfolio. Narrow down top brands with our comparison table.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and bank information. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for BlackBerry Find the stock by name or ticker symbol: BB. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until BlackBerry reaches your desired price. To spread out your purchase, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At last close price of USD$5.74, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimize risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of BlackBerry, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of BlackBerry. Optimize your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
How has coronavirus impacted BlackBerry's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, BlackBerry's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was USD$5.74, which is 4.49% down on its pre-crash value of USD$6.01 and 112.59% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as USD$2.7.
If you had bought USD$1,000 worth of BlackBerry shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth USD$553.94 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth USD$924.31.
BlackBerry stock price (NYSE:BB)Use our graph to track the performance of BB stocks over time.
BlackBerry shares at a glance
|52-week range||USD$4.7 - USD$20.17|
|50-day moving average||USD$6.4378|
|200-day moving average||USD$8.6641|
|Wall St. target price||USD$8.29|
|Dividend yield||USD$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||USD$-0.307|
Compare online brokers
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy BlackBerry stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
This chart is not advice or a guarantee of success. Rather, it gauges the real-time recommendations of three popular technical indicators: moving averages, oscillators and pivots. Finder is not responsible for how your stock performs.
BlackBerry price performance over time
|1 week (2022-05-18)||52.04%|
|1 month (2022-04-26)||56.84%|
|3 months (2022-02-22)||N/A|
|6 months (2021-11-23)||-11.57%|
|1 year (2021-05-26)||-5.30%|
|2 years (2020-05-26)||92.67%|
|3 years (2019-05-24)||10.78%|
|5 years (2017-05-25)||-20.32%|
Is BlackBerry under- or over-valued?
Valuing BlackBerry stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of BlackBerry's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
BlackBerry's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is USD$88 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a BlackBerry's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
|Revenue TTM||USD$718 million|
|Gross profit TTM||USD$467 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-6.03%|
|Return on equity TTM||0.78%|
|Market capitalisation||USD$3.4 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How India will be investing in 2022
Finder’s Retail Investor Sentiment Report polled 39,573 Internet users across 26 countries to see how they’ll be investing their money in 2022.
How to invest in the S&P 500 from India
Find out the different ways you can invest in the S&P 500, one of the world’s most popular stock market indices.
ETFs vs index funds
Find out about what ETFs and index funds are, their key similarities and differences, as well as how to invest in these passive funds.
How to invest in gold ETFs in India
Find out about gold ETFs, what influences their prices, how you can trade them and whether they could be worth your weight in gold.
How to invest money
Learn the basics of what it takes for novices to get started in the investment world in India, including an overview of your options and what to watch out for.
How to invest in oil in India
Learn about the four options available to buy and sell this slippery commodity — as well as pros and cons.
How to buy Bitcoin ETFs from India
Bitcoin ETFs are coming to market. Here’s how you can invest in them.
Ask an Expert