These days, you don’t need to be sitting at a desk to buy and sell stocks. Thanks to the rise in share trading apps available in India, you can make trades anywhere there’s an internet connection from the palm of your hand.
Share trading apps allow you to trade shares directly on both Indian and international markets through your smartphone. It’s worth noting that not all online brokers have a mobile version of their platform and some mobile trading apps don’t offer desktop access. So to make it easier, we’ve sourced a list of mobile stock trading apps available in India in 2021.
Must read: Looking for the best share trading app?
There’s no single share trading app that’s best for everyone as all our needs are different – and what’s best for you might not be best for someone else. Keep in mind that we don’t compare every product in the market, but we hope that our tools and information will allow you to compare your options and find the best share trading app for you
The platform lets you create multiple market watchlists, check on your demat account and trade equities as well as mutual funds. The app is free for Axis Bank users and is available on iOS and Android devices.
- Real-time tracking. Get real-time updates on the stock market and your demat account holdings.
- Variety of financial products. Besides trading equities, you can also invest in mutual funds and Systematic Investment Plans (SIPs).
- User friendly. The design is minimalistic and simple enough for beginners to pick up and enjoy.
- Few advanced trading features. The Axis app contains fewer advanced trading tools than competitor apps on the market.
Upstox is a discount broker in India that offers stock, derivative, currency and commodity trading. Its mobile app is free for Upstox customers and is available to both iOS and Android users. Besides offering standard buy and sell features, the app also offers advanced charting tools and detailed screeners.
- Invest in a wide range of securities. The Upstox app allows you to invest in equities, futures, options, commodities and other financial securities — just in a few swipes.
- Create multiple watchlists. You can use the Upstox app to create multiple watchlists and monitor the performance of different shares.
- Advanced charting tools. The Upstox app’s advanced charting tools and hundreds of indicators help you take better advantage of market movements.
- Limits to types of investments. You cannot use the Upstox app to invest in IPOs or mutual funds.
- No portfolio overview. The Upstox app does not offer a portfolio overview.
ICICI offers an intuitive mobile trading app that can be used for online trading, viewing live stock charts and even investing in IPO shares. The ICICI Direct mobile trading app is available to iOS, Android and Windows phone system users.
- It’s free to download. The ICICI app is completely free to download and demo.
- You can trade a range of securities. You can invest in equities, equity derivatives, currency derivatives, ETFs, mutual funds, CFDs and IPOs.
- You can create a customized watchlist. The app allows users to create a customised watchlist to help them monitor their portfolio anytime, anywhere.
- Little research and educational resources. The ICICI Direct app comes with few resources for market research, expert tips or educational information.
Sharekhan is one of the leading broking houses in India. It offers a variety of brokerage services like intraday equity trading and currency futures through its numerous platforms, including the mobile apps, Sharekhan Standard and Sharekhan Mini.
- Customer support. Sharekhan’s live chat feature in local languages means that you’re just one text away from help.
- Low-bandwidth platform. Sharekhan Mini is a lite version of the app which functions even on 2G connections, making it easier to trade than ever.
- Free dial service. Unlike other brokerages, Sharekhan’s dial-and-trade service is fee-free.
- No US share trading. As of July 2021, you can only trade on domestic exchanges using Sharekhan.
5paisa is a fast-growing brokerage in India, known for its low-cost trading plans and intuitive platform. Along with trading on the three major Indian exchanges, 5paisa also allows users to invest in US stocks and ETFs.
- No minimum balance. 5paisa requires no minimum account balances which means that anyone can use the platform, no matter how much you plan to invest.
- Fuss-free registration. You can sign up for a 5paisa account from the comfort of your home.
- Variety. 5paisa offers a range of trading methods, from mobile trading to algorithmic investing.
- No access to IPOs or cryptocurrencies. If you’re looking for investments into frontier markets like IPOs and cryptocurrencies, 5paisa might not be the broker for you.
Bajaj Financial Securities is the trading app offered by Bajaj Finserv, a boutique brokerage in India that offers investment services for high net-worth individuals, families and firms. As a user, you can access instruments listed on Indian exchanges — from bonds and derivatives to intraday equity trading.
- Tailored services. At Bajaj Finserv, each user gets their own account relationship manager.
- Niche instruments. Besides trading basic instruments like stocks and options, you can also trade IPOs and fixed deposits.
- No commodity trading. Indian investors looking to trade precious metals and energy resources should look elsewhere, as Bajaj doesn’t offer access to the MCX.
- No trading advisory. Unlike most boutique brokerages, Bajaj does not offer trading calls or research reports.
Zerodha’s Kite trading app is a lite trading platform that you can use to invest on the go. The app comes with a range of tradeable securities, hundreds of chart indicators and even advanced trading options.
The platform is available to Android and iOS users.
- Multilingual platform. Kite is available in over 10 regional languages for users in India.
- Good range of securities. You can trade equities, currencies, commodities and more with Zerodha.
- Advanced orders. Unlike most trading apps that offer lite buy/sell features, Zerodha’s mobile app comes with advanced trading options like limit orders, market orders and stop-loss orders.
- Customer service options. The app has weaker customer service options than Zerodha’s other investment platforms.
This trading app offers all the functionality of the HDFC full website on your mobile device. Available to both iOS and Android users, the app allows you to buy and sell shares from the comfort of your mobile. The app also lets you view your current demat account balance, receive up-to-date market updates, and contact customer service for support.
- Available in 11 languages. The HDFC app can be used in a range of languages including English, Hindi, Tamil, Punjabi, Bengali, Malayalam, Tamil and Telugu.
- Free. HDFC’s mobile app is free for all its online customers.
- Information from the market and experts. HDFC provides users with access to an extensive range of useful investment information, including live stock quotes and charts, to help them make the right trading decisions.
- Trade on-the-go. You can even place off-market orders with the HDFC app.
- Limited range of trading options. The HDFC app only allows users to trade equities and derivatives.
Groww is one of the quickest-growing trading platforms in India. Its trading app comes with a clean interface and allows users to invest in financial securities like stocks and mutual funds. The app, which is available to iOS and Android users, is known to be highly secure.
- Convenient. The Groww app’s one-click trading features make it easier for you to invest than ever before.
- Fuss-free. You can sign up for a Groww account and trading app completely online.
- Intuitive. Beginner investors love Groww’s intuitive interface because it makes investing a seamless process.
- No advanced order types. The Groww app does not offer order types like After Market Orders and Bracket Orders.
- Lack of market features. You will not find features like market scanners or stock alerts with the Groww app.
Angel Broking’s mobile app is available to all Angel Broking clients. It offers multi-asset trading, allowing you to trade equities, derivatives, IPOs, mutual funds and more. Available to both iOS and Android users, the app also has useful real-time features like market updates and multiple watchlist options,
- Research tools. The app allows users to explore research reports to learn more about the markets and their holdings.
- Account monitoring. You can monitor your equity holdings and demat account balance too.
- Useful for both beginner and advanced traders. This app is simple, convenient and secure to use — making it a great option to novice and experienced traders alike.
- Customer service options. The app offers weaker customer support than Angel Broking’s other trading platforms.
Not sure which platform to choose? Compare your share trading options
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Have you had these questions about share trading apps?
More guides on Finder
How to invest in gold ETFs in India
Find out about gold ETFs, what influences their prices, how you can trade them and whether they could be worth your weight in gold.
How to invest money
Learn the basics of what it takes for novices to get started in the investment world in India, including an overview of your options and what to watch out for.
How to invest in natural gas in India
Learn how to invest in natural gas, including its historical performance as an investment, risks and benefits. Find out all the need-to-knows with our extensive guide.
How to make NFTs
Find out all you need to create your own NFTs – the new application of blockchain technology that enables digital ownership of assets.
Review: ZebPay cryptocurrency exchange
Read the ZebPay review to find out how to use the app and what to watch out for.
How to invest in sugar in India
Look into four ways to sweeten your portfolio with this commodity — including markets, risks and six factors that drive cost.
Read on to find out what you stand to gain with a Stockal account.
Read on to find out what you stand to gain with a Vested account.
Tax on share trading in India
Find out what tax deductions you’re entitled to if you’re a share trader or an investor.
Groww allows investors in India to trade using both the Groww app and desktop platform.
Ask an Expert