Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Bajaj Finserv Securities Review
Enjoy a personalised approach to investing and trading with Bajaj Finserv.
Bajaj Financial Securities is a niche player in the Indian brokerage market, offering investment solutions to corporates, families and high net-worth individuals. Known for their personalised approach to investment advisory, Bajaj Finserv is committed to meeting the individual needs of its clients.
This review will cover exactly what you stand to gain as a customer of Bajaj Finserv, including the features available, and price points at which they are offered.
Compare Bajaj Finserv Securities as an online broker
About Bajaj Finserv
Bajaj Finserv is a financial services firm that offers various investment facilities in India. It is the financial arm of Bajaj Group and is known for its expertise in capital markets and insurance solutions.
Can I trust Bajaj Finserv?
Bajaj Finserv is officially registered with the Reserve Bank of India as a Non–Banking Financial Company (NBFC). As a complete subsidiary of the Bajaj Group, Bajaj Finserv also comes with strong backing from its parent company. On top of this, Bajaj Finserv is a registered member of the National Stock Exchange and Bombay Stock Exchange, as well as a depository participant at Central Depository Services Limited and National Securities Depository Limited.
Note: Investing and trading itself always carries risks which you should be aware of, so read up before you start investing. Do your research and compare brokers in India before signing up with any trading platform.
What markets can I trade with Bajaj Finserv?
Your trading options include:
- Equities Trading – Delivery
- Equities Trading – Intraday
- Mutual funds
- Fixed deposits
Bajaj Finserv highlights
Here are some of the notable account features of Bajaj Finserv:
- Mobile app. It’s easy to invest on-the-go if you’re an iOS or Android user. Mobile users are able to utilise features including real-time price alerts and customised alerts on certain stocks.
- Multiple securities to choose from. Beyond the standard trading facilities offered by most brokers in India, Bajaj Finserv offers financing options against both securities and spreads, as well as IPO trading.
- Dedicated relationship manager. If you ever have any queries, your relationship manager will always be on-hand to check the status of your transactions to ensure that everything is working just fine.
- Customer support. There are multiple ways to get in touch with Bajaj Finserv — just give them a call or send them an email if you have queries to be addressed.
What are the spreads and fees?
Trading fees are fees linked with buying and selling financial products. These fees often include commissions, spreads, and currency conversion fees.
Bajaj Finserv offers 3 different subscription plans, each at its own price point and with different offers on brokerage rates. The Freedom pack, for example, comes with Demat Annual management charges (AMCs) of ₹365 from the second year onwards. In return, you can enjoy subsidised equity delivery at just 0.10% — compared to 0.50% per order without any subscription pack.
Without a subscription, you will be charged a portion of your order amount rather than a flat-fee and from 0.10% to 0.50% in brokerage rates. Additionally, you should expect an extra ₹20 fee if you make the order through their “Call and Trade” system.
We’d encourage you to get in touch with Bajaj Finserv’s customer support team to understand how much you could end up paying, depending on your account type and how you intend to trade. Alternatively, you can use the brokerage calculator available on their website for an estimate.
Pros and cons
- Fast account-opening that is done completely online. Identity verification can be done online as well.
- Take advantage of multiple financing options that allow you to grow your returns with leverage.
- Convenient mobile platform for trading whenever and wherever you want.
- Trade hot IPOs to get a piece of fast-growing market disruptors.
- Relatively high brokerage fees apply. No flat brokerage fees.
- Commodity trading – for example, gold, silver or copper – isn’t available.
- No advanced charting features.
- No APIs or script-writing to customise your investment alerts.
How do I open a Bajaj Finserv account?
Apply online by visiting their site and complete the application on their website. You will generally be asked to:
- Provide your personal details including full name, email, and income
- Create a username and password
- Supply proof of ID
- Give your Permanent Account Number (PAN)
- Complete in-person or online identity verification
As per a mandatory requirement, you’ll also have to open a Demat account so that you can hold shares and securities.
Bajaj Finserv offers a good range of financial securities for you to trade on the go. While its fees are relatively higher than that of other brokers on the market, its specialised platforms and dedicated customer support team make this cost worthwhile. If you’re a high net-worth investor looking for new trading opportunities with the support of a dedicated account manager, then Bajaj Finserv might be the right broker for you.
More guides on Finder
How to buy stock in Airbnb (ABNB) in India
This vacation-rental giant has finally gone public. Learn how to invest in Airbnb in India.
What does the future hold for investments?
Finder speaks with 33 investment experts about what the future of investing might hold.
Top stocks for Diwali 2020
Learn more about India’s most popular stock picks for this Diwali season.
Use this review to compare the pros and cons of using Religare’s 2-in-1 account.
Angel Broking Review
With Angel Broking, you won’t have to pay an annual maintenance fee in the first year of your trading account.
Trade Smart Online Review
Learn about the fees and features of a Trade Smart account here.
Read on to find out what you stand to gain with an Upstox account.
5Paisa offers a range of customisable trading plans suited to meet the needs of the everyday investor.
Zerodha offers a range of trading platforms and financial securities at a low cost.
Motilal Oswal Review
Learn about the key fees and features of a Motilal Oswal trading account in our clear review.
Ask an Expert