Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Create professional video content with Wistia
Wistia can help make video a core part of your business's marketing strategy.
Wistia was founded in 2006 with the original purpose of helping filmmakers collaborate remotely on the Internet. Eventually, co-creators, Chris Savage and Brendan Schwartz, found their true niche in the industry and Wistia became a video platform for businesses. The platform contains functions for marketing sales and human resources. More than 300,000 businesses from 50 countries are clients of Wistia, including HubSpot, MailChimp and Starbucks. Wistia’s Pro Plan is available for €84 per month.
Prices last checked July 2017
What is Wistia?
Wistia’s main feature is its fully customizable Vulcan video player which you can embed into your company’s website and make accessible to an unlimited number of users. You can customize the colour and the controls on the Vulcan player and you can also include a hyperlinked company logo. Wistia claims it’s both the lightest and the fastest player on the market and its responsive capabilities will automatically adjust the player to any screen size.
There are also a number of lead generation tools, such as email and SEO, as well as a host of basic integrations with business partners like MailChimp. The video analytics include heat maps that show viewers’ reactions to your video content each second while the video SEO functions send web traffic back to your website instead of to a social media site.
Other features of Wistia
- Turnstile. Turnstile is an email-collecting app built into the Vulcan player that records the names and email addresses of viewers and sends them to your company’s email list. Wistia offers more than 14 integrations with Turnstile, including HubSpot and MailChimp.
- Soapbox. Soapbox is Wistia’s video editing, Google Chrome compatible application. Wistia hails it as being able to “record, edit, and share impressive videos in minutes, using nothing but your laptop.” Wistia states that everyone has the ability to use the service quickly, regardless of whether they have ever recorded or edited a video before.
- Wistia for Chrome. This Google Chrome extension allows you to insert thumbnails into Gmail messages and enables video playback from within the email. Wistia claims these will make stronger, deeper connections with clients and potential clients because of the personalisation involved.
Plans and pricing
Wistia offers four plans: three paid and one free, although the free plan has some limitations.
|Free Plan||€0 per month|
|Pro Plan||Core plan, add as many videos as you need.||€84 per month|
|Advanced Plan||Use viewing data to power your marketing strategy.||Contact Wistia for pricing|
|Premium Plan||For advanced features and multiple teams.||Contact Wistia for pricing|
Prices last checked July 2017
Pros and cons
- Three free videos give full access to the whole package that Wistia offers to let users get a real understanding of the service.
- There is no branding on the video player with the paid plans, letting your company get all the credit.
- Established partners like HubSpot and MailChimp bring brand value.
- Top-tier services don’t have a price tag on the website, reducing your ability to pitch the product internally without going deep down into the sales funnel.
- The price structure of 25 cents per added video per month is a bit odd. Why not just make it free?
FAQs about Wistia
More guides on Finder
The best TV shows to stream on Amazon Prime Video Ireland April 2021
Rejoice binge-watchers! Prime Video is pumping out some top-shelf original television shows so we’ve listed the best of the best here.
How to sell on Shopify
If you want to start selling on Shopify, find out how to set up your shop, price your products and attract customers in this handy guide.
eToro Ireland review
Online trading giant eToro lets users in Ireland buy stocks with no commission, but how does it fare overall?
How to watch the 2020 NFL Draft live in Ireland
The 2020 NFL Draft is going ahead as scheduled, with players to be selected via video conferencing due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Skype for Business offers text, voice and video solutions
In addition to its free person-to-person international text, voice and video capabilities, Skype is now partnered with Microsoft Office 365 to streamline business communications.
SurveyMonkey: Send professional surveys
SurveyMOnkey combines fun, survey-making abilities with deep-drilling analytics, to power data gathering and parsing for clients large and small through a variety of tools.
Dive deep into web analytics with Clicky
Clicky delivers real-time web analytics to websites with an easy-to-use dashboard and lots of extra bells and whistles once you get the Pro plan.
SEMrush: Your all-in-one digital marketing toolkit
SEMrush uses a host of different tools to provide accurate online marketing pictures of companies and those companies’ competitors for practices including SEO, social media marketing, advertising and content and PR.
Create custom infographics with Piktochart
Piktochart uses pre-made templates and a large selection of visual elements to give customers with any level of design skills the power to make stunning infographics, presentations, posters, flyers and more.
Track every click with Crazy Egg
Crazy Egg provides user experience analytics that can help pinpoint what’s causing customers to leave your website.
Ask an Expert