Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Review: Veem business transfers
Veem uses blockchain technology to cut costs on international business transfers.
- Business transfers
- Low-cost international payments
- Transfers in a wide range of currencies
- Both large and very small transfers
Not so good for
- Same-day transfers
- USD transfers
- Non-bank transfers
- Personal transfers
Learn more about:
Veem exchange rates and fees
Veem aims to offer cost-effective international money transfers with zero fee transfers, barring a few exceptions such as the following:
- USD to USD international transfers cost US$20
- Domestic transfers in USD cost US$1
Veem also offers competitive exchange rates, normally adding 1.5% to 1.9% as a margin to cover its own fees.
Veem claims to offer every single currency, including the following:
- USD: United States dollar
- CAD: Canadian dollar
- AUD: Australian dollar
- JPY: Japanese yen
- NZD: New Zealand dollar
- GBP: British pound
- ZAR: South African rand
- EUR: Euro
However, the countries available are different depending on whether you’re sending or receiving funds.
You can send money to over 90 countries, but can only send money from 25 countries.
What types of transfers can you make with Veem?
Veem only supports transfers from bank account to bank account, but as a business-focused payment provider, it offers a range of additional features, including the following:
- Accounting tools. You can connect QuickBooks, Xero and NetSuite to Veem, so you can switch payment providers with minimal disruption to your existing systems.
- Financing. You can finance invoices on a case-by-case basis to improve cash flow.
- Rewards programs. Veem offers rewards programs, such as US$1 cashback for every US$2,000 converted to a foreign currency and more.
- Mass upload. Save time by creating multiple payments at once.
- Multiple users. You can create a single account for multiple users, with different permission levels for each.
You cannot use Veem for personal transfers yet. It only accepts business transfers, such as payments to overseas freelancers or remote workers.
How long does a transfer with Veem take?
Transfers typically take
Is Veem safe to use?
- Security and regulation: Government-regulated and licensed, 2-factor authentication (2FA), certified by Comodo cybersecurity service
- Established: 2014
- Reviews: Trustpilot gives Veem a 7.1 out of 10, based on over 530 reviews*
- Investors: Goldman Sachs, National Australia Bank (NAB)
How does Veem make money?
Although Veem claims not to have any fees for many of its transfers, it does add a margin to mid-market exchange rates. Mid-market rates are the “official” exchange rates at any given time, so you can think of the margin difference as being a fee paid through exchange rates.
Veem may also have additional revenue sources, such as referral programs for business credit cards and loans as well as interest charged on invoice financing.
How to register an account
Veem says users can create an account in under 20 minutes.
How do I make an international money transfer with Veem?
There are two ways to send or receive payments through Veem. The first is to simply send or receive a one-off payment.
You do this by submitting a payment request to another Veem member, who can then check and confirm your request.
The second way is to submit an invoice:
- Log in to your Veem account, enter the email address and the details of the business you are invoicing and upload your invoice.
- The party you are invoicing will receive an email from Veem with payment instructions, including the amount of payment requested in their local currency. Once this email is sent, your invoice status will change to Invoice sent.
- The other party then makes a payment to Veem. At this point, your invoice status will change to Funds received.
- Veem will then send the funds to your bank account, at which point the invoice status will change to Funds sent.
What is Veem?
Veem is a San Francisco-based fintech company. It was built to start using blockchain architecture as a next-generation payment infrastructure.
Veem aims to replace the old wire payment methods used by banks, similar to how voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) has largely replaced telephone lines.
In a nutshell
- Cost-effective transfers. Competitive exchange rates and minimal fees make Veem a more cost-effective option than using a bank.
- No limits. Once your account is all set up, there is no limit on how much you can transfer. It’s suitable for both high- and low-volume transfers.
- Feature-filled. Rewards programs, batched payment functions, multiple users and accounting software integration cement Veem’s value as a business payments provider.
- No high-speed transfers. It will take several days for payments to go through. The first payments can take even longer as Veem needs to verify identities.
- Bank transfers only. Both the sender and receiver must have a bank account since there is no credit card or other payment option.
- Business only. You cannot use Veem for personal transfers. It’s for business use only.
How does Veem compare to other business providers?
Looking for other options? See how Veem stacks up to other business payment providers.
More guides on Finder
Manuka Doctor discount codes and coupons October 2020: Extra 20% off squeezy Manuka
Grab a discount code and cut costs on honey-based skincare, supplements and more online at Manuka Doctor.
Simply Supplements discount codes October 2020 | Up to 50% off sale
Grab a discount code and cut costs on dietary and immune system-boosting supplements online at Simply Supplements.
Revolut Premium vs Revolut Standard
We compare Revolut Standard and Revolut Premium side by side to help you decide which account is right for you.
Autodesk discount codes and coupons October 2020 | FREE trial
Purchase from Autodesk and have access to high-end 3D design, engineering and entertainment software.
Tails discount codes and coupons October 2020
Pick up nutritious and delicious tailor-made dog food for less with a Tails discount code.
The UK-based CurrencyTransfer platform lets you compare and select the best money transfer rates.
Namecheap discount codes and coupons October 2020 | Up to 100% off your subscription
Get your dream domain name at Namecheap. It offers easy to use, affordable domain name hosting.
Avast Software discount codes and coupons October 2020: 30% off small office protection
Providing safety and privacy for all, protect your computer and keep your information private when your purchase from Avast Software.
InMotion promo codes October 2020: Get 33% off
Grab a promo code and cut costs on innovative web hosting solutions at InMotion today.
Karen Millen discount codes and coupons October 2020 | Extra 10% off A/W styles + 25% off everything
Pick up fierce feminine fashion for less with a Karen Millen discount code.
Ask an Expert