Gain access to rank tracking, back link analysis, social performance metrics and more with SheerSEO’s automated reporting.
Founded in 2006 by Eyal Aldema, SheerSEO provides online services that allow individuals and companies to automate Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) analysis. It does this by reporting on a range of factors that influence a website’s ranking.
What does SheerSEO do?
- Rank tracking. SheerSEO’s rank tracking function tracks all your keywords across major search engines and gives a detailed look at vital data for each keyword including visits, impressions, search volume, and the plus/minus change from the previous week. This component allows you to compare your success vs that of your competition, review historical data in graph form and export your data to either Excel spreadsheets or PDF files.
- Page optimisation. SheerSEO’s page optimiser will give a grade to each page on your site. It doesn’t just tell you what is missing from each page that is not at the top of its game, but also how you should fix it, eg: “Title doesn’t contain keyword. Add the keyword to title tag.”
- Backlink management.This tool allows you to check not only your own backlinks, but those of your competition’s websites as well.You can sign up to get alerts sent to your email or phone anytime a link drops or is changed. You also have the ability to create new backlinks from web directories or bloggers.
Extras for SEO agencies and pros
If you’re an SEO agency or professional, you can use SheerSEO’s software to enhance your own services, with options such as white label and XML API, multiple logins and management of multiple domains.
Plans and pricing
Below is an overview of the price structures for both single domains and agency plans.
Including a free trial, SheerSEO has six plans available for single domains. All prices are in US dollars.
|Free Trial||2 months free|
|Light||$7 per month|
|Standard||$10 per month|
|Advanced||$15 per month|
|Professional Thin||$25 per month|
|Professional||$40 per month|
Prices last checked July 2017
Including a free trial, SheerSEO also has five plans available for agencies. The free trial lasts for one month and entitles the customer to 10 domains, 1,000 keywords per search engine, logo replacement, advanced features and weekly tracking. For the remainder of the plans, additional services are available on an a la carte basis which you will want to investigate. However, here’s an overview:
|Tiny Agency||$25 per month|
|Small Agency||$49 per month|
|Medium Agency||$89 per month|
|Agency||$199 per month|
Prices last checked July 2017
Pros and cons
SheerSEO has a wide selection of offerings for individuals, businesses and agencies. However, even its own website admits that its pricing schedule is “fairly confusing”.
- Features are explained fully with helpful screenshots of software in action.
- A demo is available on the website without having to sign up or download anything.
- Price structure is confusing, particularly for agency plans where extra features are added without the overall price being reflected.
- The company only accepts payment by credit card and PayPal; debit cards and ETFs not accepted.