Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Find the best way to send money to Taiwan
Learn how to send money to Taiwan from Ireland in our step-by-step guide.
Looking for the best way to send money from Ireland to family, friends or businesses in Taiwan (or even to your own overseas bank account)?
Don't head straight to your Irish bank – compare specialist money transfer services instead. They nearly always offer better TWD exchange rates and lower fees, so for the same amount of euros you send, your recipient will receive more New Taiwan dollars.
Of the companies we've compared, XE Money Transfers is among the cheapest, with competitive exchange rates and fees starting from €0. Need a really fast transfer? CurrencyFair can get money to your recipient in Taiwan within minutes.
Best ways to send money to Taiwan from IrelandThe best way to send money to Taiwan depends on your payment method, how you want your money to be received and how fast you need it to arrive.
- Online money transfer provider. When buying euros or New Taiwan dollars money transfer specialists typically offer better rates and cheaper fees than a local bank.
- Bank transfer. Bank transfers are an easy way to send money to Taiwan but they charge extra for the convenience and are often slower than other methods.
- Cash pickup. If you need your money to arrive fast, cash pickup gives your recipient instant access to the money you've sent when they collect it from their agent location in Taiwan.
Compare the best money transfer companies to send money to TaiwanUse our table to compare the best money transfer companies to send money to Taiwan. You can compare deposit and receiving options, fees and transfer speeds, then click the "Go to site" button when you've found the best one to get your money to Taiwan.
Cheapest way to send money to Taiwan
Bank transfers are typically the cheapest way to get your money to Taiwan. XE Money Transfers and CurrencyFair have some of the lowest bank transfer fees of the brands we've compared.When you're hunting down the cheapest ways to send money to Taiwan, it's more important to look at the overall cost of your transfer. This has a couple of elements:
- Transfer fees. While still cheaper than your Irish bank, some money transfer services charge either a fixed or percentage-based fee for making your transfer.
- Exchange rates. Another way money transfer providers make money is to add a margin to the mid-market EUR/TWD exchange rate .
Some providers may charge the mid-market rate but add fees on top. Others may have very low fees but apply a markup on the exchange rate. This means it is important to compare exactly how many New Taiwan dollars your recipient will end up with.
Fastest way to send money to Taiwan
Many online providers can offer transfers to Taiwan within minutes, although you're likely to pay a premium for the convenience.Here are some of the fastest average transfer speeds to Taiwan:
- CurrencyFair — within minutes
- XE Money Transfers — within minutes
Actual transfer times from Ireland to Taiwan can depend on several different factors including transfer amount, payment method and currency.
Safest way to send money to Taiwan
The safest way to get your money to Taiwan is to use a provider registered with Ireland's industry regulator, Central Bank of Ireland. All of the companies we've compared in our table are overseen by a local regulator and comply with the relevant laws and regulations in both Ireland and Taiwan.
A great way to dive deeper is by reading our extended reviews of each transfer service and researching first-hand customer feedback on Trustpilot and similar platforms.
Large money transfers to Taiwan
If you need to make a sizable money transfer to Taiwan, consider using a provider such as Wise (TransferWise) or CurrencyFair to benefit from its expertise in handling larger transfer amounts.Using a large transfer specialist can have the following advantages:
- Tax guidance. Large transfers to Taiwan may have tax implications for you or your recipient. A transfer specialist can help get you up to speed on Revenue Commissioners's latest advice.
- Foreign exchange (forex) tools. Advanced tools such as forward contracts, limit orders and stop-loss orders can help you lock in the TWD exchange rate you want.
- Account manager. Some money transfer providers assign a personal account manager who can help and advise you on your transfer needs.
- Phone service. If you want to talk your transfer through with someone, providers such as CurrencyFair and XE Money Transfers can give you support over the phone.
How to send money to Taiwan from Ireland
To send money to Taiwan, you'll need the necessary documentation, your recipient's details and a way to pay.
- Compare your options.
Use our table to find a money transfer provider that sends funds to Taiwan. One may be better for cash pickups while another may suit a bank transfer. Once you've found the best one for your requirements, click "Go to site".
- Create an account.
You'll need to give your name, address, contact details, proof of ID and method of payment.
- Provide your recipient's details.
Enter your recipient's name and contact information. If you're sending straight to their Taiwanese bank account, you'll need the account number, SWIFT or IBAN plus their bank branch's address.
- Enter your transfer amount.
Check you're happy with the fees, exchange rates and transfer speed, then enter the amount you wish to send. Double-check the total New Taiwan dollars your recipient gets.
- Complete your transfer.
Send your money transfer to Taiwan. Keep your transaction reference number safe so you can track your transfer. Your recipient may need it too.
How to choose the best money transfer companies to send money to Taiwan
When choosing a money transfer provider to send money from Ireland to Taiwan, it's important to consider the cost, how you want your recipient to receive the funds and the turnaround time. Here are other features to review:
- Exchange rates. Banks and transfer services use the mid-market rate to trade with one another. It is the best rate you can get. However, not all money transfer providers offer you this mid-market rate so compare the TWD you're offered to the mid-market rate and look for the smallest difference.
- Transfer fees. Are you being charged a flat fee or a percentage of your transfer amount? For example, a provider offering to transfer your money to Taiwan for a flat or low fee might work out better if you plan to send a large amount.
- Transfer type. Does your recipient have a Taiwanese bank account or is cash or cell phone top-up a better option? Each transfer type will have different fees. For example, instant cash pickups tend to be more expensive than bank transfers.
- Transfer speed. If you need your transfer to arrive quickly, you can pay for an express delivery. Companies such as XE Money Transfers offer instant cash pickups but may charge more. If you're not in a rush, online money transfer services offer the best value and get your money to Taiwan faster and cheaper than banks.
- Transfer limits. Find out how much you can send with each service. For example, XE Money Transfers has a transfer limit of £350,000 while CurrencyFair allows transfers up to €10,000,000.
- Discounts. Some providers may offer you a free transfer simply for signing up. Others may offer a discount if you transfer more than a specific amount of New Taiwan dollars.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Find the best way to send money to the UK
Want to send EUR to the United Kingdom? We will help you pick the best international money transfer service and explain fees and exchange rates.
Can I send money to Cuba?
Learn what you should know if you want to send money to a loved one in Cuba.
Find the best way to send money to Egypt
Looking for the best way to send money from Ireland to Egypt? Services, rates and fees compared.
Find the best way to send money to Gambia
Sending money to Gambia from Ireland? Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.
Find the best way to send money to Botswana
Want to send EUR to Botswana? We will help you pick the best international money transfer service and explain fees and exchange rates.
Find the best way to send money to Trinidad and Tobago
Want to send EUR to Trinidad and Tobago? We will help you pick the best international money transfer service and explain fees and exchange rates.
Find the best way to send money to Denmark
Sending money to Denmark from Ireland? Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.
Find the best way to send money to Costa Rica
Transferring EUR-CRC is easy with our comprehensive guide to the best ways to send money from Ireland to Costa Rica.
Find the best way to send money to Portugal
Want to send EUR to Portugal? We will help you pick the best international money transfer service and explain fees and exchange rates.